brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Is it RIP Peaches?

Go down 
+9
dizzylizard
dazdub
Scooby
Bumble
RayC
bob k
Marco silva
harryhornet
beakyboy
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
wheatypete

wheatypete

Cabin : Club

Is it RIP Peaches? Empty
PostSubject: Is it RIP Peaches?   Is it RIP Peaches? EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 3:48 pm

Is Peaches a write-off?  Does anybody know just how bad this is?  How it happened here: https://wheatypetesworld.wordpress.com/2017/09/13/12-09-17-is-it-rip-peaches/  
Is it RIP Peaches? 21728210
Is it RIP Peaches? 21740010
Is it RIP Peaches? 21740110
Is it RIP Peaches? 21740111
Is it RIP Peaches? 21742810
Is it RIP Peaches? 21742811
Is it RIP Peaches? 21751810
Is it RIP Peaches? 21752310
Back to top Go down
https://wheatypetesworld.wordpress.com/
beakyboy

beakyboy

Cabin : Flight 019

Is it RIP Peaches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it RIP Peaches?   Is it RIP Peaches? EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 4:03 pm

Devastating news, just so glad that you came through this terrible event and can recount it to us.

So hope Peaches can be fixed up. Please keep us posted and please stay positive.

________________________________________________________________________________
Steve,  Jo  TigerLily and Carra the Child lovin' Golden Cocker  sunny
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

Is it RIP Peaches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it RIP Peaches?   Is it RIP Peaches? EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 4:28 pm

Blimey Pete sorry to see this.

Depending on how flexible your insurance company are and how they currently value Peaches - with regards to her mileage and condition otherwise, she may be repaired. The hardest job will be sourcing a new Brazilian door.

Keep us posted please?

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Is it RIP Peaches? Melogo11
Back to top Go down
wheatypete

wheatypete

Is it RIP Peaches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it RIP Peaches?   Is it RIP Peaches? EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 4:43 pm

Thanks for the kind words BeakyBoy, I am pretty pee-ed off right now, but that helps.  And thanks Tim for your response.  I will try to remain positive.  I will not give up my Peachy that easily!
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

Is it RIP Peaches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it RIP Peaches?   Is it RIP Peaches? EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 4:56 pm

Sorry to hear about this Pete, I'm sure you will get loads of support from everyone here.

I know the Brazilian doors are hard to source Tim, but apart from the swage line, do the standard doors fit. The swage line appears to be cosmetic, and I was wondering if a decent panel beater/bodywork man could add a swage line to match, I was thinking along the lines of something that could be attached to the door and over-painted. I'm probably way out, but just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

Is it RIP Peaches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it RIP Peaches?   Is it RIP Peaches? EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 5:01 pm

Sorry to read about Peaches, but glad you are all OK.
Doo remain positive and as others have said doo keep us informed of any progress.

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

Is it RIP Peaches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it RIP Peaches?   Is it RIP Peaches? EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 6:32 pm

Sorry to see this. Don't lose hope, there must be a Brazibay out there that's being broken up and sold as parts and has a new donor door for Peaches.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Is it RIP Peaches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it RIP Peaches?   Is it RIP Peaches? EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 8:36 pm

I wish someone would just import used panels from Brazil!!

If no one else here wants to, then I will!!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Marco silva

Cabin : Business

Is it RIP Peaches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it RIP Peaches?   Is it RIP Peaches? EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 9:01 pm

I'm about to start to import some parts from Brazil ( new and used) just need some advice about which parts are in high demand.... maybe a partner too.....
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Is it RIP Peaches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it RIP Peaches?   Is it RIP Peaches? EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 9:02 pm

Doors!!!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Is it RIP Peaches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it RIP Peaches?   Is it RIP Peaches? EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 9:03 pm

Classic Bay doors will fit @dizzylizard but the hinges need altering.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Marco silva

Cabin : Business

Is it RIP Peaches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it RIP Peaches?   Is it RIP Peaches? EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 9:16 pm

I'll get some doors....
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

Is it RIP Peaches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it RIP Peaches?   Is it RIP Peaches? EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 8:18 am

Morning Pete, hope you are well. Having had another look at your pictures in the cold light of day I'm sure that Peaches is repairable, however the insurance company, who are only going to look at the situation in monetary terms, may, and it is only a may, look at it differently, ie suggest a write off sum.

All is not lost though, if they consider it a write off, it will probably be a category C or D which means it may be worth you considering buying Peaches back off them and having her repaired yourself. Here are a couple of links that may help.

https://www.moneysupermarket.com/car-insurance/articles/rights-and-wrongs-of-insurance-write-off/#/10

https://www.gov.uk/scrapped-and-written-off-vehicles/insurance-writeoffs

If the worst happens, it may be worth getting a body shop that deals with kombis to give you an estimate of a repair cost, armed with that you can work out, from what the insurance company offer as a buy back cost, if it feasible. I reckon it will be, as we all know the true value. The insurance company, on the other hand will sell the vehicle to a dealer who will either repair it (most likely) or break it for spares, and we know what spares can fetch.

A few points worth noting from the links are:-

1. You still own the vehicle up to the time you accept the insurance company's settlement figure, so you have the upper hand in any negotiations.

2. Deal directly with the person who is going to sign off the claim when negotiating, rather than a call centre handler. (I know this works having had a claim for my dog refused, until I spoke to someone in authority, when I pointed out they were wrong they paid up immediately Smile )

3. Even if you have to import a door from Brazil a repair could be cost effective.

Apologies for rambling on, but attempting to give you hope at a sad time  Smile
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Is it RIP Peaches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it RIP Peaches?   Is it RIP Peaches? EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 3:35 pm

Nice post @dizzylizard.

Let's get Peaches rebuilt whatever - she's famous and deserves it after all her efforts with the refugees abroad. If you need me to provide an official valuation for her Pete, do let me know. I'm sure Danbury or Brazilian Kampers would also be happy to similarly reflect her worth. Basketball

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Is it RIP Peaches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it RIP Peaches?   Is it RIP Peaches? EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 3:40 pm

Here's a door for starters:

https://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-869211692-porta-kombi-lado-direito-_JM

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

Cabin : Flight 019

Is it RIP Peaches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it RIP Peaches?   Is it RIP Peaches? EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 4:40 pm

I've sent an email to a contact in Brazil with respect to shipping/airfreighting a door to the UK to see if they could assist if you sourced one there. I can help with the Customs clearance in the UK should you go down that route.

Steve,  Jo  TigerLily and Carra the Child lovin' Golden Cocker  sunny
Back to top Go down

Is it RIP Peaches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it RIP Peaches?   Is it RIP Peaches? EmptyFri Sep 15, 2017 12:24 pm

I love a campaign - Pete this is so great everyone who can pulling together for you and Peaches - feel uplifted on this grey and cold day - I can't do anything practical or offer any technical advice but Nev, Gary and I are rooting for you both
Back to top Go down
bob k

Is it RIP Peaches? Empty
PostSubject: Is it RIP Peaces   Is it RIP Peaches? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2017 9:37 pm

Hi
Having looked at the photos and having been in the trade a long long time ago, I would say it is repairable the door isn't the problem its the A pillar that looks like it may need straightening out but with modern hydraulic jigs etc today this should not be  a problem. Hope I'm right and all the best
Bob
Back to top Go down
RayC

RayC

Is it RIP Peaches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it RIP Peaches?   Is it RIP Peaches? EmptyFri Dec 01, 2017 5:00 am

that's fixable I'm sure as long as the main section around the door is not bent, I can get parts from brazil no issues and few do come up as scrap from big shunts if you check the salvage sites
Back to top Go down
http://treadltd@gmail.com
wheatypete

wheatypete

Is it RIP Peaches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it RIP Peaches?   Is it RIP Peaches? EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 9:28 pm

I am pleased beyond words to report that Peaches has been resurrected!  I feel like my best friend has come back from touch and go surgery.  Thank you so much for the kind comments.  It was all a long and complicated saga of hire car idiots, an excellent coachworks shop in Exeter and some strange dealings with several random stranger-lawyers who somehow got ALL the details and phoned me asking me to beg for compensation.  How did they know all those details?  But in the end I am just glad to have the girl tickety-boo once more.  That makes me happy... very, very happy!

Last edited by wheatypete on Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Is it RIP Peaches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it RIP Peaches?   Is it RIP Peaches? EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 9:35 pm

Great news!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

Cabin : Exec 049

Is it RIP Peaches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it RIP Peaches?   Is it RIP Peaches? EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 10:20 pm

wheatypete wrote:
I am pleased beyond words to report that Peaches has been resurrected!  I feel like my best friend has come back from touch and go surgery.  Thank you so much for the kind comments.  It was all a long and complicated saga of hire car idiots, an excellent coachworks shop in Exeter and some strange dealings with several random stranger-lawyers who somehow got ALL the details and phoned me asking me to beg for compensation.  How did they know all those details?  But in the end I am just glad to have the girl tickety-boo once more.  That makes me happy... very, very happy!

cheers cheers cheers

P.
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

Is it RIP Peaches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it RIP Peaches?   Is it RIP Peaches? EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 8:49 am

FAB News cheers

The Scooby Duo are so pleased for you.

What a great way to start 2018!

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

Is it RIP Peaches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it RIP Peaches?   Is it RIP Peaches? EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 8:52 am

That’s good news Smile
Back to top Go down

Is it RIP Peaches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it RIP Peaches?   Is it RIP Peaches? EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 8:58 am

what great news - that's brought a smile to our faces on 'blue monday'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Is it RIP Peaches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it RIP Peaches?   Is it RIP Peaches? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is it RIP Peaches?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next