Share | 

2018 - KOMBI Kaper - Es Cana, Ibiza - August

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TimV
Admin

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: 2018 - KOMBI Kaper - Es Cana, Ibiza - August   Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:07 pm

The KOMBI Kaper 2018 will be to the colourful Balearic island of Ibiza!!

The trip will take place in August 2018.

The campsite we will stay at is http://campingescana.com/en/home-2/

Now this may seem a daunting trip, but it's not too complicated.  The journey consists of a 24hr ferry to Santander. A 7 hr drive east across to Valencia and then a 5 hr ferry to Ibiza. Once you're on the island it would only be about 30 mins to the campsite. I suspect we will stop overnight in Spain somewhere between Santander and Valencia on outbound and inbound legs.

If you're interested then reply below so you can be in the loop. I will organise the ferries and campsite. You just need to pack your BraziBay for an epic trip!! Cool

PS. Do consider that Ibiza is only a 2 hour flight from London, so it may suit your needs if your BraziBay is driven down by 1/2 of your party and the remainder join on the island. I know we have youngsters in the group plus others who may not like the ferry ride. All these things can be worked around.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer and Tango - the Fizzy Kombi Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Last edited by TimV on Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:47 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.vwbusforhire.co.uk
Eclipse

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: 2018 - KOMBI Kaper - Es Cana, Ibiza - August   Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:22 pm

Hi Tim we are potentially interested, we are limited to school holidays though. Thanks for organising!
Back to top Go down
wheatypete

PostSubject: Re: 2018 - KOMBI Kaper - Es Cana, Ibiza - August   Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:25 pm

I can make no promises with the way things are with Peaches at the moment.... but this is exactly the sort of adventure that appeals! Please keep me posted, Tim,
Kind Regards,
Pete.
Back to top Go down
https://wheatypetesworld.wordpress.com/
TimV
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2018 - KOMBI Kaper - Es Cana, Ibiza - August   Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:32 pm

Thanks all - yep understand about the school holidays. If folks can post what their respective holiday dates are, hopefully we can narrow it down to a suitable common period.

________________________________________________________________________________
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
JLS 62

Location : Leicester - the centre of the world - sorry England

PostSubject: Re: 2018 - KOMBI Kaper - Es Cana, Ibiza - August   Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:40 pm

Interested for August only due to the same reasons as Eclipse.
Back to top Go down
Peppa

PostSubject: Re: 2018 - KOMBI Kaper - Es Cana, Ibiza - August   Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:05 am

No restrictions for me Tim pig

The "Man Pink" Bus
Back to top Go down
http://www.cubarosephotography.co.uk
Ronnie Ringding

Cabin : Exec 082

PostSubject: Re: 2018 - KOMBI Kaper - Es Cana, Ibiza - August   Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:24 am

I'd love to make this.
Limiting the B&B here next year to peak times, so for me outside School summer holidays would be preferable.
You're never going to please all the people all the time, lol.
Also, need to look at temperature. Is it too hot there in mid summer? Maybe June half term could be an option for those bound to school holidays.

I am an Engineer. I will fix this!
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevianlodge.co.uk
greenjc90

Cabin : Exec 039

PostSubject: Re: 2018 - KOMBI Kaper - Es Cana, Ibiza - August   Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:26 pm

Anytime is good for us Tim. Morrison loves a ferry and we did the drive to Valencia this year. We stopped in some lovely campsites on the way out and back - here are some examples:

1) Arija - campsite on the edge of a reservoir. Good for first stop after you get off the ferry (about 80 miles). Facilities were first rate but the site itself was a bit forgotten by time. I cycled down to the reservoir early morning and swam. Not a soul in sight.
2) Ucero - not far from Soria - in the National Park called Cañon del Rio Lobos. Again lovely. It was nestled in a canyon and we had eagles flying over head.
3) Navajas - about 40 miles from Valencia - very well located with good facilities and a pool. All pitches were hardstanding stoney shingle which I am not a fan of. Did a day trip from here to Valencia on the local train.
4) Alcossebre - Plaja Tropicana - wonderful site. Next to a beach, lovely town - we are planning on going back there anyway next year. About 80 miles north of Valencia.
5) La Fresneda - probably the most picturesque beautiful site of our trip. Excellent facilities, Great bar and restaurant - only 30 or so pitches. But too many flies. Probably 150 miles north of Valencia. Lots of good cycling along disused rail tracks.
6) Castrojeriz - back towards Santander now - about 150 miles away from Santander. Lovely site not far from the Rioja region. The family who owned the site did oven cooked lamb shanks to order the day before. To die for!

So that's the journey to/from Valencia sorted!!!
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2018 - KOMBI Kaper - Es Cana, Ibiza - August   Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:08 pm

@greenjc90 wrote:
Anytime is good for us Tim.  Morrison loves a ferry and we did the drive to Valencia this year.  We stopped in some lovely campsites on the way out and back - here are some examples:

1) Arija - campsite on the edge of a reservoir. Good for first stop after you get off the ferry (about 80 miles). Facilities were first rate but the site itself was a bit forgotten by time.  I cycled down to the reservoir early morning and swam.  Not a soul in sight.
2) Ucero - not far from Soria - in the National Park called Cañon del Rio Lobos.  Again lovely.  It was nestled in a canyon and we had eagles flying over head.
3) Navajas - about 40 miles from Valencia - very well located with good facilities and a pool.  All pitches were hardstanding stoney shingle which I am not a fan of.  Did a day trip from here to Valencia on the local train.
4) Alcossebre - Plaja Tropicana - wonderful site.  Next to a beach, lovely town - we are planning on going back there anyway next year. About 80 miles north of Valencia.
5) La Fresneda - probably the most picturesque beautiful site of our trip.  Excellent facilities, Great bar and restaurant - only 30 or so pitches. But too many flies. Probably 150 miles north of Valencia. Lots of good cycling along disused rail tracks.
6) Castrojeriz - back towards Santander now - about 150 miles away from Santander.  Lovely site not far from the Rioja region.  The family who owned the site did oven cooked lamb shanks to order the day before.  To die for!

So that's the journey to/from Valencia sorted!!!

Fabulous!! Thank you.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: 2018 - KOMBI Kaper - Es Cana, Ibiza - August   Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:46 am

We would love to go to Ibiza but would probably fly and go all inc . But no way we can get time off near or in the six weeks this is why we had to cancel this years trip to France
Back to top Go down
Alfiebass

Cabin : Exec 028

PostSubject: Re: 2018 - KOMBI Kaper - Es Cana, Ibiza - August   Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:37 am

Definitely interested and not restricted by dates (at the moment). Where are you thinking of taking the ferry from? As we're based in Plymouth - we'd be looking at the Brittany ferry to Santander from Plymouth if possible
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Cabin : Flight 044

PostSubject: Re: 2018 - KOMBI Kaper - Es Cana, Ibiza - August   Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:22 pm

@Alfiebass wrote:
Definitely interested and not restricted by dates (at the moment). Where are you thinking of taking the ferry from? As we're based in Plymouth - we'd be looking at the Brittany ferry to Santander from Plymouth if possible

I expect that most of the group will prefer to go from Portsmouth to Bilbao because of reduced driving distances at each end and more sailings than from Plymouth. Having said that, we have taken different ferries from the rest of the group for the last 2 years, due to travelling from the North. It might be possible to arrange to meet up en route in Spain anyway, because anybody sailing into Santander will have to go via Bilbao to Valencia. Once we know who is planning to go and preferred dates we can take a look at the details.
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

Cabin : Flight 019

PostSubject: Re: 2018 - KOMBI Kaper - Es Cana, Ibiza - August   Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:15 pm

Have had a quick look at next years schedules as I can only take a maximum of 2 weeks off work starting on a Monday!!

The Bilbao Ferries depart Portsmouth on Wednesday's and Sunday's and return to UK on Tuesday's and Thursday's. There is an economy ferry option which sails out on a Tuesday and back on a Wednesday but it's a longer crossing time with less facilities on board.

The Santander Ferries depart Portsmouth on Friday's and Tuesday's and return to UK Monday's and Saturday's.  Again there is an economy ferry which sails out on a Saturday and returns on a Sunday.

The Plymouth to Santander Ferry sails out on a Saturday and returns on a Wednesday.

Steve,  Jo  TigerLily and Carra the Child lovin' Golden Cocker  sunny
Back to top Go down
gordonmac

Cabin : Exec 029

PostSubject: Re: 2018 - KOMBI Kaper - Es Cana, Ibiza - August   Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:28 pm

I would love to come and do this. If dates OK for getting time off.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2018 - KOMBI Kaper - Es Cana, Ibiza - August   Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:29 pm

@dazdub wrote:
We would love to go to Ibiza but would probably fly and go all inc . But no way we can get time off near or in the six weeks this is why we had to cancel this years trip to France

Or I could supply you with a BraziBay .... Wink

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: 2018 - KOMBI Kaper - Es Cana, Ibiza - August   Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:44 pm

Wish you (Tim) and everyone well with this one, but Scooby will remain UK bound for the foreseeable future Laughing

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: 2018 - KOMBI Kaper - Es Cana, Ibiza - August   Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:46 pm

@TimV wrote:
@dazdub wrote:

Or I could supply you with a BraziBay .... Wink
Smile
Back to top Go down
Als

Cabin : Flight 060

PostSubject: Re: 2018 - KOMBI Kaper - Es Cana, Ibiza - August   Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:59 pm

Hi, sorry all but this won't be possible for us due to holiday restrictions for Gary
Back to top Go down
http://www.nevillesadventures.com
TimV
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2018 - KOMBI Kaper - Es Cana, Ibiza - August   Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:26 pm

@Als wrote:
Hi, sorry all but this won't be possible for us due to holiday restrictions for Gary

That's a pity.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2018 - KOMBI Kaper - Es Cana, Ibiza - August   Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:01 am

Still looking for dates on this ... if folks could be specific about their intervals then we can see where the common time falls. sunny

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2018 - KOMBI Kaper - Es Cana, Ibiza - August   Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:48 am

This is the campsite that I'm hoping to book with for this Kaper.

http://campingescana.com/en/home-2/

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2018 - KOMBI Kaper - Es Cana, Ibiza - August   Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:16 pm

Ok I've had confirmation from Camping Escana that they will take a group from our club!!

The only stipulations they have are that we book as individuals with them and that we all arrive on the same day.  Departures on differing days would not be a problem.  The prices for 2018 are being formulated now and will be online in the next couple of weeks.  Once live we can start looking at the costs and ferries.

Ibiza is going to love a visit from brazilianvwbay.com!!! Cool

Please state your interest if you haven't already done so - nothing to commit just yet, but unless you reply to this thread you won't get the latest. Basketball

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
JLS 62

Location : Leicester - the centre of the world - sorry England

PostSubject: Re: 2018 - KOMBI Kaper - Es Cana, Ibiza - August   Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:55 pm

It sounds fantastic Tim, but I'm afraid you can count us out. We will almost definitely have sold the van by then !!

But I will follow your adventures closely.
Back to top Go down
RayC

PostSubject: Re: 2018 - KOMBI Kaper - Es Cana, Ibiza - August   Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:39 am

Hi tim

school holidays are 25/7 - 3/9 ideally for me 30/7 - 17/8 is best as its usual quitter period for work and kids are off plus miss initial rush we are very interested!
Back to top Go down
http://treadltd@gmail.com
gordonmac

Cabin : Exec 029

PostSubject: Re: 2018 - KOMBI Kaper - Es Cana, Ibiza - August   Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:17 pm

Im interested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2018 - KOMBI Kaper - Es Cana, Ibiza - August   

Back to top Go down

2018 - KOMBI Kaper - Es Cana, Ibiza - August
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: Out and About in your Brazilian Bus :: Brazilian Bay Meet Ups and Events-
Jump to: