brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

All T2c have factory immobiliser?

Go down 
+2
CarolinePH
Leckypete
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Leckypete

Cabin : Economy

All T2c have factory immobiliser? Empty
PostSubject: All T2c have factory immobiliser?   All T2c have factory immobiliser? EmptySat Sep 30, 2017 2:46 pm

Have provisinally bought a 2008 1.4 engine/box for my 1977 T2 but have worries that it has immobiliser, breaker says he ran engine by hotwiring it as didnt come with keys but if has immobiliser that would have stopped it so unsure if all had immobilisers? was a uk registered van but was LHD so maybe imported direct from Brazil?
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: All T2c have factory immobiliser?   All T2c have factory immobiliser? EmptySat Sep 30, 2017 3:25 pm

It will def have emob and there are not easy bypass
Back to top Go down
Leckypete

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: All T2c have factory immobiliser?   All T2c have factory immobiliser? EmptySat Sep 30, 2017 6:37 pm

Thanks will raise the question again with him, am nearly finished with a Tdi conversion engine i bought to transplant from the T25 into the T2 just need to get immobiliser bypassed again (original one i got with the T25 project turned out to be faulty after had paid to get it bypassed but couldnt try it just believed seller that said it ran fine in the Golf before he got it for the T25)
Breaker said they had engine running and sounded sweet but know Tdi will start but shuts down after only couple seconds without immobiliser bypassed same with the 1.4 petrol?
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

PostSubject: Re: All T2c have factory immobiliser?   All T2c have factory immobiliser? EmptySat Sep 30, 2017 8:04 pm

Yep will cut out but is almost impossible to remove immobiliser chip
Back to top Go down
CarolinePH

CarolinePH

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: All T2c have factory immobiliser?   All T2c have factory immobiliser? EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 12:04 pm

Hi. This may be a silly question but I have a 2007 Danbury kombi and am about to renew the insurance. I don’t know if it has an immobiliser! Reading the Forum, the answer seems to be that they all had a factory fitted immobiliser. Is it something I can check or see? I don’t have any paperwork.

Last year I said I didn’t now as was in a rush and needed it insured to use.

I’m insured with Comfort.

As always I would appreciate your advice. Thank you.

Caroline
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

Cabin : Flight 044

PostSubject: Re: All T2c have factory immobiliser?   All T2c have factory immobiliser? EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 12:11 pm

I believe so. It's not a bad idea to have a couple of spare keys cut on a standard blank, ideal for taking to the beach so that you don't risk losing your chipped key. If your van doesn't start with a key cut on a standard blank, then you have an immobiliser.

CarolinePH wrote:
Hi. This may be a silly question but I have a 2007 Danbury kombi and am about to renew the insurance. I don’t know if it has an immobiliser! Reading the Forum, the answer seems to be that they all had a factory fitted immobiliser. Is it something I can check or see? I don’t have any paperwork.

Last year I said I didn’t now as was in a rush and needed it insured to use.

I’m insured with Comfort.

As always I would appreciate your advice. Thank you.

Caroline
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

PostSubject: Re: All T2c have factory immobiliser?   All T2c have factory immobiliser? EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 12:34 pm

Yes get a key cut with no chip as a spare and try and start it if it won’t go and you get an orange key coming up on dash it’s definitely got 1 and it works ( key is same as mk1 golf and early scriocco)
Back to top Go down
CarolinePH

CarolinePH

PostSubject: Re: All T2c have factory immobiliser?   All T2c have factory immobiliser? EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 12:00 pm

Thank you Dazdub and Voyager.

Will get a key cut and try.

One more question. If I try the newly cut key which is in coded and get the orange key on the dash...will I then be able to start my camper without doing anything else just using the coded key. I am on holiday so don’t want to have a problem!

Really appreciate your help. I’m learning as I go.

Caroline
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

PostSubject: Re: All T2c have factory immobiliser?   All T2c have factory immobiliser? EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 12:30 pm

CarolinePH wrote:
Thank you Dazdub and Voyager.

Will get a key cut and try.

One more question. If I try the newly cut key which is in coded and get the orange key on the dash...will I then be able to start my camper without doing anything else just using the coded key. I am on holiday so don’t want to have a problem!

Really appreciate your help. I’m learning as I go.

Caroline
hi yes it will but don’t do it till you get home just in case
Back to top Go down
CarolinePH

CarolinePH

PostSubject: Re: All T2c have factory immobiliser?   All T2c have factory immobiliser? EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 3:18 pm

Brilliant will do that. Thank you so much.
C
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: All T2c have factory immobiliser?   All T2c have factory immobiliser? EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 7:21 pm

You cannot confuse the immobiliser. If it accepts your regular key the yellow symbol of a car with a key will go out. If it doesn’t the symbol will flash. The Kombi will simply start for 1 second and then stop.

If you have an accessory alarm which features an immobilising function that will be in addition to the factory unit.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

All T2c have factory immobiliser? Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Purple

PostSubject: Re: All T2c have factory immobiliser?   All T2c have factory immobiliser? EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 10:18 pm

So should the immobilizer light come on briefly through the ignition keyturn sequence, like the oil and battery lights?

I've assumed my immobilizer has been removed/deactivated as the yellow indicator light has never illuminated since I've owned it.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: All T2c have factory immobiliser?   All T2c have factory immobiliser? EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 11:26 pm

Purple wrote:
So should the immobilizer light come on briefly through the ignition keyturn sequence, like the oil and battery lights?

I've assumed my immobilizer has been removed/deactivated as the yellow indicator light has never illuminated since I've owned it.

Bulb failure?

________________________________________________________________________________
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Purple

PostSubject: Re: All T2c have factory immobiliser?   All T2c have factory immobiliser? EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 6:46 am

TimV wrote:
Purple wrote:

Bulb failure?

Possibly,

I've checked using the second key and it's the same, no light, but I've also noticed that the brake/hand brake light never illuminated either, so both could be lamp failures. As both keys work ok, I'll just assume the immobiliser is working and get it checked if I ever need a new key.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: All T2c have factory immobiliser?   All T2c have factory immobiliser? EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 1:53 pm

You’ll only see the brake light if there’s a problem.

Get a new cheap key cut and try to start the engine with it.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All T2c have factory immobiliser?   All T2c have factory immobiliser? Empty

Back to top Go down

All T2c have factory immobiliser?
Page 1 of 1