www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Share | 

What do you store under your back seat?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dee James

Cabin : Exec 086

PostSubject: What do you store under your back seat?    Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:30 am

With the new season on it's way - the first for some, us included we're starting to do odd little jobs and thinking about what to pack and where to put it. With that in mind, how do you make the best use of space under the back seat what do you store under there? Any other packing tips you've found along the way?
Back to top Go down
T2D2

Cabin : Exec 085

PostSubject: Re: What do you store under your back seat?    Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:03 am

We pack our hook up cables and waste water container in ours, when we get to site we use it as general storage Smile

________________________________________________________________________________
bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Dee James

PostSubject: Re: What do you store under your back seat?    Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:32 am

@T2D2 wrote:
We pack our hook up cables and waste water container in ours, when we get to site we use it as general storage Smile

You've just reminded me I must get a waste container . . .
Back to top Go down
osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: What do you store under your back seat?    Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:04 am

Fan heater, electric kettle, picnic mat, small pan
Jack, spanner for gas bottle, tools, engine oil, spare bulbs, hook-up cable, foot-pump
Spares specific to Brazibay: wiper blades, clutch cable, fan belt, fuses

On the campsite we use the roof-bed as a shelf. Clothes travel in two canvas boxes (40x40x30cm)which are easy to lift onto and off the shelf.
osg
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Cabin : Exec 049

PostSubject: Re: What do you store under your back seat?    Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:10 am

Too much!

P.
Back to top Go down
Dee James

PostSubject: Re: What do you store under your back seat?    Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:31 pm

@Bumble wrote:
Too much!

P.

care to elaborate Bumble? Smile
Back to top Go down
Dennis

Cabin : Exec 033

PostSubject: Re: What do you store under your back seat?    Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:30 pm

Hi vis waist coats stuck to under seat, dog lead skewer inside table leg, propex heating, wheel chocks, steamer, 240v heater, cobblets, first aid kit, small packaway rucksack, two beach towels, clutch cable, and fanbelt. Then battery side I have hook up lead, jack,wheel brace various assorted tools a cheap meter, cables ties and last of all gaffa tape. Tim
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: What do you store under your back seat?    Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:06 pm

Spare parts. Tool kit. Wheelbrace. Hi-viz jackets. Table leg and standalone tripod. Jump leads. Wheel chocks. Bag of tie-straps. When onboard sun-canopy. Basketball

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer and Tango - the Fizzy Kombi Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
http://www.vwbusforhire.co.uk
irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

PostSubject: Re: What do you store under your back seat?    Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:03 pm

Spares, toolkit, jack, high viz jkts, table leg, tripod, torches, AXE, fire lighting kit, para cord, spare tent pegs, oh yeah and it appears some dust an old polo sweet, and some smarties. Time to clean up me thinks.
Back to top Go down
osg

PostSubject: Re: What do you store under your back seat?    Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:37 pm

Along with the Jack and wheel-brace check that you have a 'puller' for removing the hubcaps
osg
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: What do you store under your back seat?    Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:07 pm

@irishman wrote:
Spares, toolkit, jack, high viz jkts, table leg, tripod, torches, AXE, fire lighting kit, para cord, spare tent pegs, oh yeah and it appears some dust an old polo sweet, and some smarties. Time to clean up me thinks.

Probably a pallet or two as well ..... Razz

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer and Tango - the Fizzy Kombi Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
http://www.vwbusforhire.co.uk
Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: What do you store under your back seat?    Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:48 am

A lot of what has already been said including BBQ Tools and Flip Flops! sunny

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Dee James

PostSubject: Re: What do you store under your back seat?    Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:34 am

@osg wrote:
Along with the Jack and wheel-brace check that you have a 'puller' for removing the hubcaps
osg

a good point OSG, I bought one but you've just reminded me I need to move it from garage to camper
Back to top Go down
Dee James

PostSubject: Re: What do you store under your back seat?    Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:37 am

thanks all, some good use of space and a few bits added to my shopping list, quite impressed Tim manages to get a sun canopy in there as well
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: What do you store under your back seat?    Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:57 pm

Wheel brace, jack, warning triangle, jump leads, chocks and blocks, leg and stand for table, picnic blanket, slip mats (if wet/muddy) and short (10m) EHU lead plus splitters.

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com                                                      www.vdubcamperhire.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove                                                      Twitter: @tallulah_vw
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Facebook: facebook.com/vdubcamperhire
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

PostSubject: Re: What do you store under your back seat?    Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:01 pm

I'll add to my list, just found it whilst cleaning, a block of wood (no pallets Tim), to put under the scissor jack when changing the rear wheels. Mine is lowered and without the wood the scissor jack has to go way too high for my liking before I can remove the wheels.
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: What do you store under your back seat?    Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:09 pm

All the above plus a bamboo cane to prop up the seat whilst I put things in.
Back to top Go down
osg

PostSubject: Re: What do you store under your back seat?    Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:46 pm

Tow-rope.

Best to use to pull the camper if you have a towing eye added to the front chasis.
Use the Search function to find 'Towing point' and have a read through the posts there

osg

Last edited by osg on Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JLS 62

Cabin : Club
Location : Leicester - the centre of the world - sorry England

PostSubject: Re: What do you store under your back seat?    Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:09 pm

A child if they're arguing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: What do you store under your back seat?    Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:11 pm

@JLS 62 wrote:
A child if they're arguing.   Very Happy

What else are you to doo with those pesky kids! Laughing

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
sundialsoft

Cabin : Exec 074

PostSubject: Re: What do you store under your back seat?    Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:25 pm

toolbox inc spare fuses, bulbs etc, two power cables (short & long), foot pump, torque wrench, jack, various other bits n bobs.

what is best in life ?
Back to top Go down
gordonmac

Cabin : Exec 029

PostSubject: Re: What do you store under your back seat?    Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:09 pm

Jumper cables and my fancy new jumpstarter - and a TV.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you store under your back seat?    

Back to top Go down

What do you store under your back seat?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: