brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

How are we BraziBay owners going to be affected by Brexit?

Go down 
+4
Tallulah
Voyager
dizzylizard
TimV
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

How are we BraziBay owners going to be affected by Brexit? Empty
PostSubject: How are we BraziBay owners going to be affected by Brexit?   How are we BraziBay owners going to be affected by Brexit? EmptyWed Dec 19, 2018 11:16 am

First off, I don't want to start a debate/row over the vote. That's been done to the 100th degree and continues daily in plenty of other places.

What I'd like to discuss here is HOW, if at all this coming change is going to affect us and our lives with our campers.

I saw a tv chat show that highlighted the need for British drivers to have an International Driving Licence post March, should they wish to drive in Europe. How else do you think we may be affected? scratch

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

How are we BraziBay owners going to be affected by Brexit? Melogo11
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

Cabin : Flight 019

PostSubject: Re: How are we BraziBay owners going to be affected by Brexit?   How are we BraziBay owners going to be affected by Brexit? EmptyWed Dec 19, 2018 12:07 pm

I think there is a lot of guidance on such issues being released in the public domain on Friday.

I've been involved in a lot of HMRC steering groups within my business area of expertise. Unfortunately I have no information appertaining to everyday life so guess we all have to watch this space...

________________________________________________________________________________
Steve,  Jo  TigerLily and Carra the Child lovin' Golden Cocker  sunny
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: How are we BraziBay owners going to be affected by Brexit?   How are we BraziBay owners going to be affected by Brexit? EmptyWed Dec 19, 2018 12:25 pm

beakyboy wrote:
I think there is a lot of guidance on such issues being released in the public domain on Friday.

Just in time for everyone to enthuse about over Christmas Dinner!! lol!

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

How are we BraziBay owners going to be affected by Brexit? Melogo11
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: How are we BraziBay owners going to be affected by Brexit?   How are we BraziBay owners going to be affected by Brexit? EmptyWed Dec 19, 2018 3:33 pm

I didn't see the program, and my knowledge of traffic law is probably outdated, but as far as I'm aware all countries in the Geneva Convention have to recognise domestic driving licences, and International Driving permits, which are basically translations of the licence, are only advisory for travel at the moment. If the EU are going to make them mandatory, then presumably the EU countries are going to need them to drive in the UK. Which begs the question are the residents of the 27 countries going to be happy (or are they going to start throwing petrol bombs about whilst we in the UK patiently queue at the Post Office to get ours as is our wont (joke)).

Also I'm not too well up on import/export matters, but as VW Germany have made it difficult to get Brazilian spares, would it be easier to get the correct spares at a reasonable price if we get a trade deal with Brazil. Perhaps one day we will find out either way. Smile
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

Cabin : Flight 044

PostSubject: Re: How are we BraziBay owners going to be affected by Brexit?   How are we BraziBay owners going to be affected by Brexit? EmptyThu Dec 20, 2018 12:21 pm

The EU has been in negotiation of a free trade agreement with the Mercosur countries (Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay) since 2010. Both sides claim to be close to agreement, but Brexit or no-Brexit, don't hold your breath. The good news is that the attitude of Trump towards international trade makes it more important to both sides.
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

PostSubject: Re: How are we BraziBay owners going to be affected by Brexit?   How are we BraziBay owners going to be affected by Brexit? EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 2:09 pm

So Brexit continues to dictate my life , including a couple of TV appearances on CH4 News and last nights BBC News at Ten.

Whilst I still don't think it will happen I am becoming increasingly concerned about the implications of a No Deal Brexit.

I speak with only my industry hat on , UK borders from a freight moving across the channel perspective will be a smugglers or criminals paradise. We have no infrastructure in place to stop anything coming in to check it has been declared to Customs and the head of UK Customs has already warned it would take Dover alone up to 5 years to be ready. I am past Leave or Remain but a No Deal Brexit is not taking back control of our borders.

Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: How are we BraziBay owners going to be affected by Brexit?   How are we BraziBay owners going to be affected by Brexit? EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 6:43 pm

beakyyboy said
UK borders from a freight moving across the channel perspective will be a smugglers or criminals paradise

What is it that would change from our present situation?

Sorry to have missed you on TV
osg
Back to top Go down
Ianvwk

Ianvwk

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: How are we BraziBay owners going to be affected by Brexit?   How are we BraziBay owners going to be affected by Brexit? EmptyFri Jan 18, 2019 9:37 am

Its uncertain times for sure, the only postive i can see at the moment is people will stay in the UK and holiday more in there camper vans...

My other company VWT is being very affected as all our seats and conversion parts are manufacted and shipped from Europe so unsure what will happen there!

November and December were not great months in terms of sales but this year my customers seam to be postive and sales are picking up! Very Happy

www.vwkampers.co.uk
Back to top Go down
http://Www.braziliankampers.co.uk
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: How are we BraziBay owners going to be affected by Brexit?   How are we BraziBay owners going to be affected by Brexit? EmptyFri Jan 18, 2019 10:45 am

Ianvwk wrote:
Its uncertain times for sure, the only postive i can see at the moment is people will stay in the UK and holiday more in there camper vans...

My other company VWT is being very affected as all our seats and conversion parts are manufacted and shipped from Europe so unsure what will happen there!

November and December were not great months in terms of sales but this year my customers seam to be postive and sales are picking up! Very Happy

More people staying in the UK for holidays in their camper vans is great news for UK campsite owners Wink

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Ianvwk

Ianvwk

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: How are we BraziBay owners going to be affected by Brexit?   How are we BraziBay owners going to be affected by Brexit? EmptyFri Jan 18, 2019 11:00 am

cheers cheers cheers

www.vwkampers.co.uk
Back to top Go down
http://Www.braziliankampers.co.uk
beakyboy

beakyboy

PostSubject: Re: How are we BraziBay owners going to be affected by Brexit?   How are we BraziBay owners going to be affected by Brexit? EmptySat Jan 19, 2019 8:52 am

osg wrote:
beakyyboy said
UK borders from a freight moving across the channel perspective will be a smugglers or criminals paradise

What is it that would change from our present situation?

Sorry to have missed you on TV
osg

I think that due to no clear guidelines you'll have consignments turning up with some paperwork , some with none and some with the correct paperwork. Queues will form , drivers will antagonise the authorities , authorities won't have enough staff to meet the demand , there is no electronic system in place stopping the boarding of ferries or trains for vehicles that are not Customs cleared so what will happen is they will open the doors and let everything in unchecked. Brexit was sold to the UK Public by taking back control of our borders - from what I see and hear I have to beg to differ.

Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: How are we BraziBay owners going to be affected by Brexit?   How are we BraziBay owners going to be affected by Brexit? EmptySat Jan 19, 2019 2:22 pm

Certainly. I think 'taking back control of our borders' was about people rather than goods.
I have seen film of USA border posts doing X-ray examination of the whole vehicle
osg
Back to top Go down
Purple

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: How are we BraziBay owners going to be affected by Brexit?   How are we BraziBay owners going to be affected by Brexit? EmptySun Jan 20, 2019 9:47 pm

osg wrote:
Certainly. I think 'taking back control of our borders' was about people rather than goods.
I have seen film of USA border posts doing X-ray examination of the whole vehicle
osg

Vehicle  x-ray has been available here for quite a while, but its done on a suspicion/random basis in special areas. The idea of doing it more regularly would require a huge investment in equipment and resources.

It's difficult to avoid politics in all this, but Teresa  May was responsible for scaling back the Border  Forces when she was Home Secretary......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How are we BraziBay owners going to be affected by Brexit?   How are we BraziBay owners going to be affected by Brexit? Empty

Back to top Go down

How are we BraziBay owners going to be affected by Brexit?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: