brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Travelling safely with dogs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Alfiebass

Alfiebass

Cabin : Exec 028

Travelling safely with dogs Empty
PostSubject: Travelling safely with dogs   Travelling safely with dogs EmptySat Mar 23, 2019 12:23 pm

We're moving back to the UK shortly, with the dogs. We plan for the pooches to be coming with us in van on a regular basis and my wife has been reading up on the rules for securing pooches in cars, she has a little more rigid approach to my plan which was to pop them into their dog beds. Grateful if you guys could let me know what you do so that I can offer alternative solutions.

I'm hoping you'll see these pooches at an event this year. Cheers!

Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: Travelling safely with dogs   Travelling safely with dogs EmptySat Mar 23, 2019 2:17 pm

I suppose it depends on the size of the dog/s.
We have 2 cavaliers and they travel in a crate each. The crates can sit side by side in the boot section and then are stored on the shelf when the pop top is raised or in a wee pop up tent outside the bus or the awning for longer trips.

Travelling safely with dogs 20160710

They both have their own water bowl and bed in their crate.

An alternative to a crate would be a seatbelt attachment, which are best used with harnesses rather than collars.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
PeteH

Cabin : Exec 079

PostSubject: Re: Travelling safely with dogs   Travelling safely with dogs EmptySun Mar 24, 2019 8:27 pm

Hmm, looking back I think we were a bit casual when we had Hadley (also a Cavalier). He wore a harness and we secured him to the lower front seat belt anchor point in the gap between the front seats, with him lying down on his bed. The length of the harness strap needed to be quite short to make sure he was restrained, if I had to brake quickly. I think the crates are probably safer for the dog Travelling safely with dogs Img_5110
if you can anchor them.

________________________________________________________________________________
Pete and Sue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Travelling safely with dogs   Travelling safely with dogs Empty

Back to top Go down

Travelling safely with dogs
Page 1 of 1