brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Please Meet Uncle Vanya

Go down 
+3
Scooby
harryhornet
beakyboy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kit.L

Kit.L

Cabin : Club

Please Meet Uncle Vanya Empty
PostSubject: Please Meet Uncle Vanya   Please Meet Uncle Vanya EmptyThu Apr 04, 2019 2:34 pm

Hi guys

Me and the misses took the plunge and bought this beautiful air cooled 05 Danbury Diamond.

She's been maintained well, and though she has 128k Km on her, she's still working soundly.

There are a few things I want to do to it:

1. Powersteering - It's like steering a barge currently
2. WaxOyl - gotta stop that rust
3. Fit an inverter and power control unit so we can use the plug sockets from the leisure battery
4. Fit a new headliner for the cab - the currant one is a bit ratty
6. Fit one of those cool laminate wood steering wheels a lot of people on here seem to have
7. Adjust the steering column (The wheel feels like it's connected to the steering with a piece of wet spaghetti!)

Question: I need an MOT doing for her before the 27th of April, but I'm sad to learn that VW Kampers no longer services air cooled engines  Crying or Very sad
Can any of you advise me a good garage that can service and MOT the van, we are based in London but can travel for 1-2 hours if needs be.

Great to meet you all by the way!
Please Meet Uncle Vanya Img_2010
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

Cabin : Flight 019

PostSubject: Re: Please Meet Uncle Vanya   Please Meet Uncle Vanya EmptyThu Apr 04, 2019 2:53 pm

Hi and Welcome to the forum , you have a lovely look van there and we look forward to seeing you out and about. We have some club events coming up that you might want to check out.

Many London based van owners use Brand Auto's for their servicing requirements , Paul is based in Bordon in Hampshire and is very knowledgeable about Brazibays and always does a fantastic job. I've attached a link to his website Brand Autos

We used Paul for many years but being based between Canterbury and Dover , travelling back and forth become a little too much so we have found a company in Canterbury called Oakwood Automotive who also look after BraziBays but not sure where in London you are based so this might be outside of your commuting area.

You've certainly found the right place for everything BraziBay related. Enjoy Very Happy

________________________________________________________________________________
Steve,  Jo  TigerLily and Carra the Child lovin' Golden Cocker  sunny
Back to top Go down
Kit.L

Kit.L

PostSubject: Re: Please Meet Uncle Vanya   Please Meet Uncle Vanya EmptyThu Apr 04, 2019 3:03 pm

Thank's Beakyboy!

I have just called Paul and booked in for an MOT at Brand Autos. Really appreciate the tip.

I'll take a look at the events - sounds like fun. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Please Meet Uncle Vanya   Please Meet Uncle Vanya EmptyThu Apr 04, 2019 5:16 pm

Paul will certainly look after you.
You’ll want to get your tappets set which means leaving it with him overnight. Luckily he has a loan car you can use.
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Please Meet Uncle Vanya   Please Meet Uncle Vanya EmptyFri Apr 05, 2019 8:39 am

Hi and Welcome to THE Forum for Brazi Bays.
We use Paul Brand also and we think you have made the right decision in going to him.
Hope to see you out and about during the season.
Doo look at the events section for shows through out the year.
Roo b Roo
jocolor

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Please Meet Uncle Vanya   Please Meet Uncle Vanya EmptyFri Apr 05, 2019 12:53 pm

Hi and welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Please Meet Uncle Vanya   Please Meet Uncle Vanya EmptySat Apr 06, 2019 1:49 pm

Hi and well done on taking over ownership - I know this Braz - before you head down the power steering route, get the steering box serviced. It can be adjusted and refilled with new oil. That may make a considerable difference to the feel for not a lot of money. Paul Brand can do this.

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Please Meet Uncle Vanya Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Kit.L

Kit.L

PostSubject: Re: Please Meet Uncle Vanya   Please Meet Uncle Vanya EmptySat Apr 06, 2019 7:36 pm

TimV wrote:
Hi and well done on taking over ownership - I know this Braz - before you head down the power steering route, get the steering box serviced. It can be adjusted and refilled with new oil.  That may make a considerable difference to the feel for not a lot of money.  Paul Brand can do this.

Top tip! Thank you. Currently it's like steering a barge so any improvement is gratefully received.

Great to meet you!
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

Cabin : Exec 049

PostSubject: Re: Please Meet Uncle Vanya   Please Meet Uncle Vanya EmptyFri Apr 12, 2019 11:18 am

Kit.L wrote:
Hi guys

Me and the misses took the plunge and bought this beautiful air cooled 05 Danbury Diamond.

She's been maintained well, and though she has 128k Km on her, she's still working soundly.

There are a few things I want to do to it:

1. Powersteering - It's like steering a barge currently
2. WaxOyl - gotta stop that rust
3. Fit an inverter and power control unit so we can use the plug sockets from the leisure battery
4. Fit a new headliner for the cab - the currant one is a bit ratty
6. Fit one of those cool laminate wood steering wheels a lot of people on here seem to have
7. Adjust the steering column (The wheel feels like it's connected to the steering with a piece of wet spaghetti!)

Question: I need an MOT doing for her before the 27th of April, but I'm sad to learn that VW Kampers no longer services air cooled engines  Crying or Very sad
Can any of you advise me a good garage that can service and MOT the van, we are based in London but can travel for 1-2 hours if needs be.

Great to meet you all by the way!

Hi Kit,

good to see this camper has gone to a family that's now part of our Brazibay family! cheers

1. Powersteering - I would recommend Litesteer, both for ease of steering and ease of turning/parking; especially if your other half isn't built with Popeye muscles (and you don't want to put her off driving Uncle Vanya).
2. Waxoyl - yes, Paul Brand has done this for us.
3. Inverter and power control unit - I fitted this a year ago, as part of our solar power set up (see link below). Remember that you'll need to ensure that you don't run down the leisure battery when away, especially if you also have a fridge running of it!

https://www.photonicuniverse.com/en/catalog/full/257-300W-12V-pure-sine-wave-power-inverter-230V-AC-output-UK-socket-with-powerful-USB-charging-port.html

We bought our complete solar power set-up from Photonic Universe (as did SurfwagenStan) and fitted it ourselves.

Hope to see you around soon! cheers

P.
Back to top Go down
Kit.L

Kit.L

PostSubject: Re: Please Meet Uncle Vanya   Please Meet Uncle Vanya EmptyFri Jun 07, 2019 11:29 am

TimV wrote:
Hi and well done on taking over ownership - I know this Braz - before you head down the power steering route, get the steering box serviced. It can be adjusted and refilled with new oil.  That may make a considerable difference to the feel for not a lot of money.  Paul Brand can do this.

You were 100% right Tim.

With the steering box serviced and the tire pressures correct it was like driving a completely different van! Glad we took it to Paul Brand. He did a superb job. I'm going to take it back there and get it WaxOyled and prepped for winter in a few months.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Please Meet Uncle Vanya   Please Meet Uncle Vanya EmptyFri Jun 07, 2019 12:11 pm

Kit.L wrote:
TimV wrote:

You were 100% right Tim.

With the steering box serviced and the tire pressures correct it was like driving a completely different van! Glad we took it to Paul Brand. He did a superb job. I'm going to take it back there and get it WaxOyled and prepped for winter in a few months.

You’re welcome.

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Please Meet Uncle Vanya Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Kit.L

Kit.L

PostSubject: Re: Please Meet Uncle Vanya   Please Meet Uncle Vanya EmptyFri Jun 07, 2019 12:19 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please Meet Uncle Vanya   Please Meet Uncle Vanya Empty

Back to top Go down

Please Meet Uncle Vanya
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: NewBays-
Jump to: