brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

New source for wiper blades

Go down 
+3
TimV
Bumble
Dennis
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bumble

Bumble

Cabin : Exec 049

Wiper - New source for wiper blades Empty
PostSubject: New source for wiper blades   Wiper - New source for wiper blades EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 11:14 am

Hi all,

I have found a new, cheap and readily available source for windcreen wiper blades, Wilko/Wilkinsons.

I bought two of them yesterday to test that they were suitable and fitted; they do!  They come with the plastic clip that connects them onto the wiper arm, so if you have lost or broken the clip from your existing wiper, no problem.

At £2.50 each they are considerably cheaper than Lucas originals.

P.

Wiper - New source for wiper blades 20190817

Wiper - New source for wiper blades 20190818

Wiper - New source for wiper blades 20190819

Wiper - New source for wiper blades 20190820

Wiper - New source for wiper blades 20190821
Back to top Go down
Dennis

Cabin : Exec 033

PostSubject: Re: New source for wiper blades   Wiper - New source for wiper blades EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 3:29 pm

I have tried these and found the clip not very strong be
gentle broke the first one trying to get arm on to clip. Tim
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: New source for wiper blades   Wiper - New source for wiper blades EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 8:50 pm

Buy cheap buy twice.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Wiper - New source for wiper blades Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Dennis

Cabin : Exec 033

PostSubject: Re: New source for wiper blades   Wiper - New source for wiper blades EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 9:03 pm

Thats why i now got two pairs of Tim.
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

PostSubject: Re: New source for wiper blades   Wiper - New source for wiper blades EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 11:24 am

TimV wrote:
Buy cheap buy twice.

Not necessarily, Tim, we live in a consumer age where value is often equated with price wheras we all know that isn't necessarily the case.

The clip seems fine to me and if you're careful (like me!), you can keep the clip from the existing wiper and reuse it, if required.

What annoys me is that to replace a small sliver of rubber (which degrades over time), you need to purchase a whole wiper assembly; all the metal construction and assembly is meant to be replaced - sheer madness and such a waste of resources!

If anyone comes across a source of wiper blades (the rubber bit with the metal surround only), I'd be interested to try them out.

P.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: New source for wiper blades   Wiper - New source for wiper blades EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 12:37 pm

This week’s episode of Konsumer Kombi was brought to you by the Bumble team! ☺

________________________________________________________________________________
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: New source for wiper blades   Wiper - New source for wiper blades EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 2:04 pm

You can get replacement rubber inserts, I have used them before but they are a bit fiddly. Amazon and eBay do them if you want to give it a go.
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

PostSubject: Re: New source for wiper blades   Wiper - New source for wiper blades EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 10:50 pm

dizzylizard wrote:
You can get replacement rubber inserts, I have used them before but they are a bit fiddly. Amazon and eBay do them if you want to give it a go.

Yes, I've seen that and bookmarked one in my Amazon account for the next time I need wiper blades.

P.
Back to top Go down
absquatulation

absquatulation

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: New source for wiper blades   Wiper - New source for wiper blades EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 4:45 pm

Either i've lost something in this conversation or I'm going mad. Why not buy the standard ones from Halfrauds? That's is what I've done, and if you mess around with all the options of attachments that comes with the blades then there is one to suit the Brazi bay.

I thought the van was blue, but now I'm told its Lilac
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

PostSubject: Re: New source for wiper blades   Wiper - New source for wiper blades EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 10:13 pm

absquatulation wrote:
Either i've lost something in this conversation or I'm going mad. Why not buy the standard ones from Halfrauds? That's is what I've done, and if you mess around with all the options of attachments that comes with the blades then there is one to suit the Brazi bay.

What, £18 for a pair of standard wiper blades from Halfords, or £5 for a pair from Wilko?! scratch

It's also the fact that most of the wiper blade assembly is expected to be thrown away, just for a couple of strips of rubber; so wasteful. Many years ago, I used to buy standard wiper blades and cut them to size and it's something I'm going to do next time. Here's an example:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SET-CAR-WIPER-BLADE-REFILLS/dp/B00PBAE668

P.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: New source for wiper blades   Wiper - New source for wiper blades EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 10:29 pm

Agreed for many things, Halfords is expensive these days.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
CarolinePH

CarolinePH

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: New source for wiper blades   Wiper - New source for wiper blades EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 5:12 pm

I needed new blades a couple of months ago and found a link by Tim V. on the Forum for Advanced Factors. Very pleased with them. Fit perfectly sliding it onto the wiper arm, and blade curves nice and tight against the windscreen.  The clips are metal.

https://www.advancedfactors.co.uk/lwsb16-16-400mm-lucas-wiper-blade-904447-p.asp

£3.73 each plus postage

Very helpful and fast service, I phoned them and had delivered to a campsite.
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: New source for wiper blades   Wiper - New source for wiper blades EmptyThu Aug 22, 2019 6:15 pm

TimV wrote:
Agreed for many things, Halfords is expensive these days.

Currently got 30% off Meguiars though. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New source for wiper blades   Wiper - New source for wiper blades Empty

Back to top Go down

New source for wiper blades
Page 1 of 1