brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

hello from a new member

Go down 
+9
Wafa55
Scooby
dazdub
jj123vw
Matt
olive
kiteman
TimV
tiggy23
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tiggy23

tiggy23

Cabin : Club

hello from a new member Empty
PostSubject: hello from a new member   hello from a new member EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 12:20 am

Hi everyone,

What a great surprise when today, looking for some tech info on the web I came across this amazing forum!

Like probably most of brazilian-kombi T2 owners, you kind of feel a bit left in the corner from the T2 world, snobbed by the 'cool' owners (and sometimes public) of the gorgeous splitties or pre-brazilian bays. The whole ridiculous idea of the original vs fakes (ours), which makes us nonsense for wasting our money buying the only fake out there so much more expensive of the cheap and cool original... Topics like this are allover the T2 communities and forums, to the point that in my surfing 'peace and love' philosophy, I've decided to stay aside from it and enjoy my beautiful and reliable Danbury 2008 on my kite and surfing journeys across the UK, Ireland and Europe, while they go to the local meetings spending the days looking at the slickest tackiest splitty Wink

All I can say is that they might have an original VW (just like ours) but they don't quite get the original free spirit which used to be with it, or in it. Get a life!

Oh yes, we are even snobbed by Mr Haynes and his lovely biblical manuals, now covering from baby nappies to food and diet, but still haven't released a kombi issue, argh!!! Shocked

Anyway my dearest friends, here I am, based in Brighton and surfing the roads with my great VW Kombi, hope to see you on the road!

Well done with this website and forum, fantastic idea.

Best wishes to all.

PEACE & LOVE!

sunny
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: hello from a new member   hello from a new member EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 7:26 am

Hi Tiggy - great to have you join us.

A lot of what you say fuelled me to start this site. There has been a shift in attitude though and with prices of 'mint' Classic Bays now hitting the mid 20k mark, a BraziBay is looking like a better option for many.

Enjoy your time here - you're not far from some of us so maybe see you and your Kombi soon. Coming to the Volksworld Show?

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

hello from a new member Melogo11
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: hello from a new member   hello from a new member EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 9:49 am

Welcome Tiggy,
Good to hear from you. May have bumped into you out on the water sometime. Surf a lot at Bracklesham and East Wittering. Used to kite all the time at Hayling, not so much now though.

Agree with the free spirit thing, not really that free if you have to keep relying on the AA.

I have to say though, out and about I've haven't met anyone who's disliked my bus bacause it's "not original". Does seem a bit weird that the spirit of the VW is lost with some of the purists, They're the ones without the VW spirit.

________________________________________________________________________________
hello from a new member Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
tiggy23

tiggy23

PostSubject: Re: hello from a new member   hello from a new member EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 10:19 am

Max: Hi Max, would love to go to Volksworld do you reckon is a good show?

Peppa: I'm trying to think, it sounds like we were chatting with you then? We are the only one with that spare wheel, surf roof rack on top of pop top... Were abouts was it? Did you have yours or were you going to get one???
I think I remember something.. god my memory is getting soo bad!

Ginger: Aloha! So you kite as well? Wonder if we have met out there.. My local spot is Shoreham-Lancing-Brighton, been along the coast but never in Bracklesham yet, except from a trip to the BBR shop recently... Would love to meet up.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: hello from a new member   hello from a new member EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 10:42 am

Max is my bus Tiggy - I'm Tim Smile

The Volksworld Show is stunning and even better this year because we have a club stand. Cool Essentially it's an Old Skool Volkswagen Motor Show.

Do come along if you can.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: hello from a new member   hello from a new member EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 11:10 am

Hi Tiggy.. another free spirit. Good to have you join. There are no VW snobs here we are all just mad about campervans and the places we take them. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: hello from a new member   hello from a new member EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 11:19 am

We are Brazilian Nuts Wink

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

PostSubject: Re: hello from a new member   hello from a new member EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 11:32 am

I do apologise for Tims bad puns Rolling Eyes

Again, Ginger is the name of my Bus, I'm Kiteman (Steve in the real world) Smile

Don't really kite that much now, starting to loose interest in it. Been doing it for the past 13 or so years, been to some pretty good places around the world. Hayling Island doesn't really cut it any more.

Really getting into my surfing now though, spend most of my time looking at Magicseaweed for the surf report, do a lot of trips to Saunton Sands, awasome place.

Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: hello from a new member   hello from a new member EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 11:46 am

TimV wrote:
We are Brazilian Nuts Wink

Is Kiteman Ginger Nuts? lol!
Back to top Go down
Matt

Matt

PostSubject: Re: hello from a new member   hello from a new member EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 2:10 pm

hello tiggy and welcome to the forum

Matt.

hello from a new member Img_2014
Back to top Go down
jj123vw

jj123vw

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: hello from a new member   hello from a new member EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 2:39 pm

Hi Tiggy and welcome to the forum! Youll find lots of advise here and I love your take on the VW Peace and Love scene...It comes from the heart - Not just what year the car your driving is....or where its made . If only some of the 'old VW' scene saw that life would be better for everyone and by buying the newer models we are all keeping the scene alive with more and more people joining in for future shows, rallies etc to survive and be there. Hope to see you at the Volksworld show ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: hello from a new member   hello from a new member EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 4:25 pm

Hi and welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: hello from a new member   hello from a new member EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 5:04 pm

Hi Tiggy and welcome Cool

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Wafa55

Wafa55

PostSubject: Re: hello from a new member   hello from a new member EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 7:17 pm

Hello Tiggy. Warmest of welcomes to you.
Back to top Go down
max

max

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: hello from a new member   hello from a new member EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 7:59 pm

Hi Tiggy – love the colour of your van – is that 'old skool' blue?

WELCOME!!! cheers

Like a Star @ heaven Rennsemmel Like a Star @ heaven ('Racing Roll')
Back to top Go down
stoneyuk

stoneyuk

PostSubject: Re: hello from a new member   hello from a new member EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 8:49 pm

Hello to Tiggy from deepest Aldershot.
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: hello from a new member   hello from a new member EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 9:30 pm

Welcome Tiggy, I do like a bit of kiting myself hence the forum name.

Love to buggy, fell off the front of a mountain board once so don't do a lot of that anymore.
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

PostSubject: Re: hello from a new member   hello from a new member EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 9:46 pm

Blimey didn't know that's where your name came from Skytiger, got a 40 and a 22 at home, Used to buggy years ago before I got into kitesurfing.

Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: hello from a new member   hello from a new member EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 9:58 pm

I did a lot of competitive canoe slalom when I was younger so had enough of smelly wetsuits plus the wife isn't a water lover and it's a hobby we can do together on land Very Happy

I got a 40 and 26 aswell
Back to top Go down
tiggy23

tiggy23

PostSubject: Re: hello from a new member   hello from a new member EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 12:04 am

wOw! that is what I call a VERY WARM welcome!!!! Very Happy

And that says a lot about the people in this forum and... all of us!!!

Tim + Kiteman sorry about the names.. I messed up in the rush Wink

I will definitely try to be at the Volksworld, probably on the Saturday, would love to meet up with all of ya.

I haven't been very active on this forum as I was spending more time on my other topic, the technical one on fog lights wiring.

RE: Kiting and Surfing..
I've been only kiting for a couple of years, been in several tropical and European spots and I love it to death! But I enjoy more the surfing side of it, hence I do waves and surfboard, strapless mainly. When I travel I try to aim for windy surfing spots, so I can have the choice of kiting or surfing, and I'm mainly into SUP these days...

Check pics of our first international trip: the Irish west coast last summer, gear on board and Tiggy v.1.0 fully loaded!
hello from a new member Irelan10
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

PostSubject: Re: hello from a new member   hello from a new member EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 9:06 am

Had a SUP a couple of years ago when I first got into surfing, great to learn on but soon outgrew it on the tiny waves we get on the south coast.
just got a couple of longboards now.

Did you fit the roof bars yourself or were they already on there?

Back to top Go down
tiggy23

tiggy23

PostSubject: Re: hello from a new member   hello from a new member EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 9:52 am

Sup: been suping for about 3 years I find it fun on anything, the 11'2 starts planning on nearly flat water and when I travel is a great way to explore even lakes and rivers.. So for is the best back up toy really while waiting for the wind. On waves then is just amazing, u catch them all and work with all of your body achieving massive speed on the walls, turning is a different story though and now I'm planning to go smaller..
Re:roofbars
I asked Dambury to fit them when bought it, they are the same as the ones inside (pop up top) not too strong as quite thin but enough for a board..
Back to top Go down
Baydreamer

Baydreamer

PostSubject: Re: hello from a new member   hello from a new member EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 10:59 am

Hi Tiggy

Welcome to the site.

I understand your view about some of the forums. In my experience 'on the ground' most people are very interested in the new bus scene and the unique nature of a brazzie. Most are friendly but i have also experienced a situation in a petrol garage coming back from brighton breeze where this guy saw me get out of my bus (he was also getting petrol) and as i passed i said a compliment about his bus and he looked right through me after looking at my van. There are some sad people out there!!!
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

PostSubject: Re: hello from a new member   hello from a new member EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 12:22 pm

Started with the Naish 11'6, that was a huge beast, super stable though but impossible to turn. Then went down to the Gong Electric 9'11, much better for turning but really wobbly in choppy conditions standing around waiting for a wave. Fell off more times waiting for the wave than riding it Laughing

Back to top Go down
tiggy23

tiggy23

PostSubject: Re: hello from a new member   hello from a new member EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:52 pm

2007 t2 lhd wrote:
Hi Tiggy

Welcome to the site.

I understand your view about some of the forums. In my experience 'on the ground' most people are very interested in the new bus scene and the unique nature of a brazzie. Most are friendly but i have also experienced a situation in a petrol garage coming back from brighton breeze where this guy saw me get out of my bus (he was also getting petrol) and as i passed i said a compliment about his bus and he looked right through me after looking at my van. There are some sad people out there!!!

yeah they are called 'mental' Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hello from a new member   hello from a new member Empty

Back to top Go down

hello from a new member
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next