www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Please complete your profile details?!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
Next club meet: KOMBI Kaper 2017!
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!
Become a site supporter - join the Executive Club!

Share | 

hello from a new member

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
tiggy23

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: hello from a new member   Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:52 pm

2007 t2 lhd wrote:
Hi Tiggy

Welcome to the site.

I understand your view about some of the forums. In my experience 'on the ground' most people are very interested in the new bus scene and the unique nature of a brazzie. Most are friendly but i have also experienced a situation in a petrol garage coming back from brighton breeze where this guy saw me get out of my bus (he was also getting petrol) and as i passed i said a compliment about his bus and he looked right through me after looking at my van. There are some sad people out there!!!

yeah they are called 'mental' Wink
Back to top Go down
tiggy23

PostSubject: Re: hello from a new member   Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:01 pm

@kiteman wrote:
Started with the Naish 11'6, that was a huge beast, super stable though but impossible to turn. Then went down to the Gong Electric 9'11, much better for turning but really wobbly in choppy conditions standing around waiting for a wave. Fell off more times waiting for the wave than riding it Laughing

That is it! Too long=no turn, too short=unstable in our conditions, of course in glassy waves that wouldn't be a problem.. but is not the south coast Wink
Size wise in fact I'm planning to get a 10'5 o 10'6, tried one in Brazil recently and loved it! Actually I got some great shots of Kombis in their natural environment that I'd love to post here but not sure if they are relevant to the 'Great Bay Trips' as I didn't drive to Brazil! Shocked
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: hello from a new member   Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:13 pm

@tiggy23 wrote:
Actually I got some great shots of Kombis in their natural environment that I'd love to post here but not sure if they are relevant to the 'Great Bay Trips' as I didn't drive to Brazil! Shocked

Just stick them in the Gallery Tiggy. But please 'host' them rather than attaching them as we have limited space for attachments. Have a read through the 'how to post images guide' - if you get stuck, just ask.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportzKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
http://www.brazilianvwbay.forumotion.com
tiggy23

PostSubject: Re: hello from a new member   Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:23 pm

@TimV wrote:
@tiggy23 wrote:
Actually I got some great shots of Kombis in their natural environment that I'd love to post here but not sure if they are relevant to the 'Great Bay Trips' as I didn't drive to Brazil! Shocked

Just stick them in the Gallery Tiggy. But please 'host' them rather than attaching them as we have limited space for attachments. Have a read through the 'how to post images guide' - if you get stuck, just ask.

Will do thanks!
Back to top Go down
olive

PostSubject: Re: hello from a new member   Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:54 pm

Great pic of your bus............but think you would need chocs to balance out if you intended to sleep there Laughing
Back to top Go down
tiggy23

PostSubject: Re: hello from a new member   Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:52 pm

@olive wrote:
Great pic of your bus............but think you would need chocs to balance out if you intended to sleep there Laughing

That is quite true Olive... the photo angle makes it even worse in fact. Good to have a roof bunk bed option though, top floor sleeping out in the terrace roof, how cool is that?! Cool ...Maybe in Brazil! Wink
Back to top Go down

hello from a new member
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: NewBays-
Jump to: