www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
Next club meet: KOMBI Kaper 2017!
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!
Become a site supporter - join the Executive Club!

Share | 

Clear Side Repeaters The Easy Way (Danbury T2s Only)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Clear Side Repeaters The Easy Way (Danbury T2s Only)   Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:37 pm

I've started a new thread for this so that future new members who want clear side indicators do not have to wade through the now rather irrelevant tales of woe in the other thread.

The Vauxhall Astra Mk2 (1985-1993) and some other Vauxhalls of the same era had little round side repeaters, and clear lenses are readily available online from various shops and eBay sellers and they fit Danbury-converted Brazilian T2s!!, eg:

via Amazon
Larkspeed online shop
via eBay

but there are many others if you google "astra mk2 side repeaters"

Just twist and remove the orange lenses and white bulb and replace with an orange bulb and clear lens - most of the suppliers of clear lenses I've seen also include the orange bulb. 30 second job!
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters The Easy Way (Danbury T2s Only)   Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:44 pm

Yeh!

Top bit of research there Tilly - you've bought a pair and fitted them yes?

Got mine ordered via the ebay link.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportzKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
http://www.brazilianvwbay.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters The Easy Way (Danbury T2s Only)   Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:00 am

I meant to add that, having seen how the indicators are mounted in an enclosed cavity in the wing, I am considering sealing them better. In the wheel arch (surely the wettest area of a T2) the wires go through a small hole into the cavity, and on Tilly at least the hole was not very well sealed. And on the outside, the lens presses against a rubber ring seal which presses against the bodywork; however the assembly as a whole does not seem very tight and I'm sure water could run down the bodywork behind the rubber ring and into the enclosed cavity.

So I was considering sealant in the wheel arch hole and between the rubber ring and the bodywork. Or maybe it would be better to leave as it is so there is a tiny bit of ventilation to the cavity? Any comments by rust experts?

Back to top Go down
osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters The Easy Way (Danbury T2s Only)   Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:04 am

First thought - buy an aerosol of Dinitrol 3125 cavity wax and use the existing holes to treat the cavity. Better to use the holes before filling them up.
osg
Back to top Go down
kiteman

Cabin : Flight 002

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters The Easy Way (Danbury T2s Only)   Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:32 am

Top find Tilly.
More things to buy now. When will it end Rolling Eyes

________________________________________________________________________________

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters The Easy Way (Danbury T2s Only)   Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:13 pm

I obviously got different one's from everyone else.The one's i ordered had removeable lenses and peppa's danbury fitted one's have come out easy.
Sorry to hear of all your problems.At least there seems to be another option.
Back to top Go down
irishman

Cabin : Flight 003

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters The Easy Way (Danbury T2s Only)   Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:15 pm

Well done Tilly didn't think I fancied all that work, so sold originals to dazdub who I'm sure will have no problem fitting them ( if he can do the roof these should be a breeze).

Just ordered a set from the e bay link, whilst I sit and watch 'herself', complete the new curtains!....... can life get anymore exciting Sleep
Back to top Go down
kiteman

Cabin : Flight 002

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters The Easy Way (Danbury T2s Only)   Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:34 pm

@irishman wrote:

Just ordered a set from the e bay link, whilst I sit and watch 'herself', complete the new curtains!....... can life get anymore exciting Sleep

You take it easy Irishman, pace yourself. What if the curtains get done the same time the lenses turn up affraid

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
max

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters The Easy Way (Danbury T2s Only)   Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:10 pm

Top find, Tilly!

Three cheers and hurrays cheers cheers cheers

One question: so did Danbury fit their own indicators, ie. did they come without indicators over from Brazil? Mine was imported by Danbury, but not converted. I cannot imagine that they would mess with the side indicators? Thanks for clearing that up...

Like a Star @ heaven Rennsemmel Like a Star @ heaven ('Racing Roll')
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters The Easy Way (Danbury T2s Only)   Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:28 pm

No side repeaters or rear fogs from the factory.

They MUST be installed for use in the UK.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
eddy

Cabin : Exec 014

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters The Easy Way (Danbury T2s Only)   Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:15 pm

believe they are both a requirement of the sva
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters The Easy Way (Danbury T2s Only)   Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:04 pm

So here they are:

You are now officially 'Top Find Tilly!!'

A great enhancement at a very low cost - superb.

WARNING: When you come to pull out the original clear bulb there is the possibility that it is firmly stuck in the holder. Under no circumstances force it out with pliers etc as you will break it and then be up the proverbial creek.

Take my advice and use a small piece of duck tape - gently stick it over the bulb and ease the bulb out of place effectively using the tape as a sucker. Insert the new orange bulb with equal care and fit the new lense. Simples!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Barry

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters The Easy Way (Danbury T2s Only)   Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:41 pm

Thanks, Tilly. A pair ordered here, too!
Back to top Go down
irishman

Cabin : Flight 003

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters The Easy Way (Danbury T2s Only)   Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:36 pm

Sitting by the front door waiting for mine, hurry up postman pat!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters The Easy Way (Danbury T2s Only)   Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:22 am

Looking good Tim - just in time for Volksworld (which I sadly won't be able to attend).

You know how one job can lead to another...well, dare I mention...the forum banner is now out of date!! Razz Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters The Easy Way (Danbury T2s Only)   Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:56 am

Ssssshhhhhhhhh ;0)

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Kev

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters The Easy Way (Danbury T2s Only)   Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:11 pm

Thankyou tilly, just fitted mine & look great!

Tim, many thanks for the tape/bulb tip, they really are tricky to extract from the holder,
they are seated much deeper in the holder than I expected.

the guy selling these on eBay must be wondering whats going on!!

2006 Air-Cooled Duby
Back to top Go down
pastymaster

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters The Easy Way (Danbury T2s Only)   Thu May 26, 2011 9:08 pm

Thanks for the write up Tilly and to Kiteman for pointing me over here.

I've just ordered them from that eBay link Smile

pastymaster

Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/pastymaster
michel_bonn

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters The Easy Way (Danbury T2s Only)   Wed May 02, 2012 5:52 pm

i buyed just know 2 clear indicators. it coasts 15Euro inclusive sending to germany.

http://www.t2-c.de
Back to top Go down
http://www.t2-c.de
Billpampers

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters The Easy Way (Danbury T2s Only)   Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:23 am

Thanks for the replies I knew there would be someone out there more knowledgable than me.
Just ordered a pair at nowhere near the cost JK and Danbury quoted.
Cheers
Back to top Go down

Clear Side Repeaters The Easy Way (Danbury T2s Only)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: KOMBI Katalogue :: Bay Related Products-
Jump to: