brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Clear side repeaters the hard way but glad I did

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

Side - Clear side repeaters the hard way but glad I did Empty
PostSubject: Clear side repeaters the hard way but glad I did   Side - Clear side repeaters the hard way but glad I did EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 5:26 pm

Got side repeaters off Irishman thanks bud and started to fit them and had the shock of my life at the rust. when they were fitted and the holes were drilled no paint or primer was used and this is a big water trap see pics Side - Clear side repeaters the hard way but glad I did 936a2c8e Side - Clear side repeaters the hard way but glad I did Ac8fa285 Side - Clear side repeaters the hard way but glad I did 7d5a9798 after a good clean Side - Clear side repeaters the hard way but glad I did Fcb2033d a blast with shot blaster and a dose of rust eater primer and paint and waxoil Side - Clear side repeaters the hard way but glad I did 24e56d84 Side - Clear side repeaters the hard way but glad I did 2bf43d84 Side - Clear side repeaters the hard way but glad I did 7ec2cb25
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Clear side repeaters the hard way but glad I did   Side - Clear side repeaters the hard way but glad I did EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 6:16 pm

Blimey, thats very shoddy work, was this done at the factory or here by the supplier, I would have thought the paint job would have been done after the lights being put on. I will need to check mine out.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Clear side repeaters the hard way but glad I did   Side - Clear side repeaters the hard way but glad I did EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 7:23 pm

Sorted this on Max when he first arrived .....

Side - Clear side repeaters the hard way but glad I did Phonep11

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Side - Clear side repeaters the hard way but glad I did Melogo11
Back to top Go down
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

PostSubject: Re: Clear side repeaters the hard way but glad I did   Side - Clear side repeaters the hard way but glad I did EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 7:39 pm

Blimey what a nightmare, at least you have it sorted. Better take a closer look at mine!
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

PostSubject: Re: Clear side repeaters the hard way but glad I did   Side - Clear side repeaters the hard way but glad I did EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 9:20 pm

olive wrote:
Blimey, thats very shoddy work, was this done at the factory or here by the supplier, I would have thought the paint job would have been done after the lights being put on. I will need to check mine out.
not factory Danbury and the last owner payed £900 for lower respray and £400 for anti corrosion protection all worked well not my van is dec 05 and only done 47k
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Clear side repeaters the hard way but glad I did   Side - Clear side repeaters the hard way but glad I did EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 9:24 pm

The side repeaters and fogs are fitted as part of the UK conversion.

________________________________________________________________________________
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Clear side repeaters the hard way but glad I did   Side - Clear side repeaters the hard way but glad I did EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 5:04 pm

just had my nearside light area repainted too , exactly same . ,also sliding door cill area , and bit to nearside on panel welds at bottom. 2007 model
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Clear side repeaters the hard way but glad I did   Side - Clear side repeaters the hard way but glad I did EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 6:05 pm

I suspect the holes for the repeaters are drilled after the lower half respray and that's when the bare metal gets exposed. Drill hole - then paint, should be the procedure. Maybe that technique is already being used now ...

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

PostSubject: Re: Clear side repeaters the hard way but glad I did   Side - Clear side repeaters the hard way but glad I did EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 6:25 pm

I have now checked all Danbury made holes and none have any paint Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Clear side repeaters the hard way but glad I did   Side - Clear side repeaters the hard way but glad I did EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 10:32 pm

Considering the Bays history of rust problems you would like to think any drilling of holes in the bodywork that are carried out would be protected before completion. Looking at this, 3 out of 4 (75%) so far have not. Best we all have a closer look. It reminds me of earlier posts ,one of the floor pan of a rhd conversion and the hole left bare with a heated front screen. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Clear side repeaters the hard way but glad I did   Side - Clear side repeaters the hard way but glad I did EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 1:35 pm

Scooby has spent all is life out in the open - free range if you will
There are some "R" issues which will include what we have seen here
But its good to know others have solved such problems Cool

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clear side repeaters the hard way but glad I did   Side - Clear side repeaters the hard way but glad I did Empty

Back to top Go down

Clear side repeaters the hard way but glad I did
Page 1 of 1