brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Newton Commercial carpets

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
olive

olive

Cabin : Club

Newton Commercial carpets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newton Commercial carpets   Newton Commercial carpets EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 8:48 pm

I have recently fiitted them to Olive. NC give a pictorial CD to use but once you see the carpet pieces it is straight forward. The front footwell is all prepared and all you have to do is position the carpet. What it does come with is a piece of underlay which offers more comfort and surprisingly reduces travel noise this is for the cab and walk through carpet. The tricky part is the carpet which fits under the seats and covers the bulkhead at the back of the seat and comes all the way around to the front. You have to take the seats off the runners which is very easy then I worked from the rear bulkhead and worked forward using a hair dryer to warm up the carpet to make it more plyable and spray carpet adhesive. Thera is a little cutting to do but its not difficult. If I can do it I am sure you can.

Once it is all in it does make it quieter when travelling and because there is no bare metal showing it feels visually warmer.

One thing I did do was not glue the carpet under the seat to enable me to check underneath for water ingress from time to time however, they do stay in place as they fit onto the metal strip which runs along the wheel arch.

If you have any doubts call Duncan he is a great guy.
Back to top Go down
Duncan

Duncan

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: Newton Commercial carpets   Newton Commercial carpets EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 8:03 am

mhami wrote:
Hi there

Is anyone able to post photos (video!?) and a description of how they fitted their NC full front carpet set!? I need help!

Matt

Hi Matt
we can go through it next week..fear not !!
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Newton Commercial carpets   Newton Commercial carpets EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 3:38 pm

Duncan wrote:
mhami wrote:
Hi there

Is anyone able to post photos (video!?) and a description of how they fitted their NC full front carpet set!? I need help!

Matt

Hi Matt
we can go through it next week..fear not !!

Hey Matt, does this mean you are getting some goodies cheers
Back to top Go down
max

max

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: Newton Commercial carpets   Newton Commercial carpets EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 9:36 pm

olive wrote:
it feels visually warmer.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

That's all we get for our vans with no heating!

________________________________________________________________________________
Like a Star @ heaven Rennsemmel Like a Star @ heaven ('Racing Roll')
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newton Commercial carpets   Newton Commercial carpets Empty

Back to top Go down

Newton Commercial carpets
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: KOMBI Katalogue :: Bay Related Products-
Jump to: