brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

My first summer in my Bay

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

My first summer in my Bay Empty
PostSubject: My first summer in my Bay   My first summer in my Bay EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 4:49 pm

I did quite a bit of travelling in Max this summer. We did the Lakes, Worcestershire, Weymouth and Bude.

In Keswick I stayed at Castlerigg Hall which is just up the hill from Keswick town and overlooks Derwentwater. The site is fabulous - very clean, nice new shower block, spread out over a good amount of space and the best bit was the on-site Bistro which served great pub-style food. Definitely going back in the future.

In Weymouth I went back to West Fleet Farm for a 4 day break. I had stayed there for a few nights when I rented a Brazilian Bay before purchasing. It's a lovely farm based site just to the west of Weymouth. Caters very well for families, has a great new shower block and during peak months sells bar type food in the barn. There's some lovely countryside to cruise along too to the west of the place. Will go back as it's not far from home for a short break.

In Bude I was wanting to be near Widemouth Bay to do some surfing so I stopped for 3 nights at Widemouth Fields which is only a year old. Huge site - essentially a field turned into a campsite - with brilliant pitches, 2 chalet style shower blocks, a comprehensively stocked shop and a cafe that serves cooked breakfasts. Just 1 mile from the beach - it was perfect for my short break. People I spoke to there had been there for their summer holiday and rated it highly. Looking forward to returning in the future.
Back to top Go down
pipestrangler

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: My first summer in my Bay   My first summer in my Bay EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 8:25 pm

Tim
Hi hope that I find you fit well & in good form.
I like the sound of the lake distrct site you mentioned.
As I have been to the Lake District many times & love walking round lake derwent.
Can you recall if the site had 240 hook up ???
Just wondered
Best regards.
Nick
Back to top Go down
http://nick.sewell@live.co.uk
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: My first summer in my Bay   My first summer in my Bay EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 8:43 pm

Hey Nick

Yes plenty of 240v hook ups and a superb location. I'll be going back someday soon.

Think the link is castlerigg.co.uk

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

My first summer in my Bay Melogo11
Back to top Go down
belgiumbay

belgiumbay

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: My first summer in my Bay   My first summer in my Bay EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 9:26 pm

Castlerigg also used to take CCI card which gave a discount out of holidays season - though I haven't been for about a decade
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first summer in my Bay   My first summer in my Bay Empty

Back to top Go down

My first summer in my Bay
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: Out and About in your Brazilian Bus :: Brazilian Bay friendly Campsites and Camping Clubs-
Jump to: