brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Aero Wiper Blades

Go down 
+21
dizzylizard
dazdub
Tony880
Feliz
Tallulah
Bob
docmark
Scooby
stoneyuk
harryhornet
AbsintheKombi
kiteman
olive
Lady J
Richard
nellyhipkiss
yabbit
stephenjedward
pastymaster
Andy
Skytiger
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

Aero Wiper Blades - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aero Wiper Blades   Aero Wiper Blades - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 10:05 am

Fitted a pair of these wipers to Scooby at the weekend Cool
Only took 5 mins following Tim's guide lines
They look good and seem to clear the water well
Rooby Roo
flower

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
stoneyuk

stoneyuk

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Aero Wiper Blades   Aero Wiper Blades - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 10:40 am

Mine are on but the plastic adapter is different to that shown in Tim's photos. One was a good fit, the other was quite loose, so have ordered a couple of spares from ebay supplier.
Back to top Go down
docmark

docmark

Cabin : Exec 022

PostSubject: Re: Aero Wiper Blades   Aero Wiper Blades - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 8:10 pm

Mine arrived last week - I fitted them and all went well (very straightforward) However the right-hand-side (drivers) blade not only misses the right side of the screen - as expected with the curvature, but also there is a miss-area on the left hand of the sweep of the same blade - between 9 and 10 o'clock
Tried swapping blades from the other side and get the same thing happening - the originals stayed in contact over this area - so not sure whether the windscreen is slightly bowed in at this point and the shallow depth of the blade can't cope - whilst the slightly deeper original blade can?
Has anyone else had this problem?
There is nothing like a challenge!
By the way - sound deadening progressing!
Mark (owner of the actual Friday afternoon model!!)
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Aero Wiper Blades   Aero Wiper Blades - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 10:40 pm

docmark - try swapping the wiper arms themselves over to see if it's something to do with their individual tension. Just an idea...

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Aero Wiper Blades - Page 3 Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Bob

Bob

PostSubject: Re: Aero Wiper Blades   Aero Wiper Blades - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 6:09 pm

Having got aero wiperblades for my Mazda I was well impressed and decided to get them for my van. Contacted Wiperblades.co.uk by telephone and they supplied some in double quick time for about £13 ( They fitted connection converters prior to despatch)
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Aero Wiper Blades   Aero Wiper Blades - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 6:39 pm

Bob wrote:
Having got aero wiperblades for my Mazda I was well impressed and decided to get them for my van. Contacted Wiperblades.co.uk by telephone and they supplied some in double quick time for about £13 ( They fitted connection converters prior to despatch)

Nice one.

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Aero Wiper Blades   Aero Wiper Blades - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 7:27 pm

Bob wrote:
Contacted Wiperblades.co.uk

When I ordered via them, the aero blades they supplied with a bayonet fitting were too loose, so I sent them back. Are the ones they've supplied you ok then? Fit snugly?

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Bob

Bob

PostSubject: Re: Aero Wiper Blades   Aero Wiper Blades - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 3:33 pm

Hi Tim, sorry for delay, the ones I have fitted are very secure.
I've just cleaned mine having now defrosted and rechecked security after several weeks operation.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Aero Wiper Blades   Aero Wiper Blades - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 10:49 pm

Ok Bob thanks. That leads me to suspect wiperblades.co.uk have changed something in the bayonet fitting. Good news anyway.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

Cabin : Flight 044

PostSubject: Re: Aero Wiper Blades   Aero Wiper Blades - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 8:10 pm

Does anyone have current recommendations for brands of these blades? I have seen reference on this thread to Trupart, Wiperblades and Goodyear. Presumably I need bayonet fit. I am particularly interested in whether they are flexible enough to remain on the screen at the extreme off side.
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

PostSubject: Re: Aero Wiper Blades   Aero Wiper Blades - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 9:21 am

Any recommendations for Aero Wiper Blades anybody? All of the ebay links previously supplied on this thread have now expired.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Aero Wiper Blades   Aero Wiper Blades - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 9:27 am

Suggest you give Wiperblades a call alderley - you just need flat blades with a bayonet fitting. I much prefer the look and sweep of the flat blade in comparison to a standard blade. The last inch on the far offside sits off the glass when parked but not when wiping.

Let us know how you get on please.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Feliz

Feliz

Cabin : Exec 026

PostSubject: Re: Aero Wiper Blades   Aero Wiper Blades - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 10:16 pm

any idea's .... ordered some bayonet type aerowipers from wiper blade.co this week . but they do not appear fit (code wbtr-4-16).
They have a bayonet but it is a rectangular post type bayonet . In the original post at the start of this thread the one shown by tim is clearly the one I need but it is not on wiper blades site under bayonet....or from what I can see . Any one bought these from wiper blades .co.uk recently and if so what code did you order
Back to top Go down
Feliz

Feliz

PostSubject: Re: Aero Wiper Blades   Aero Wiper Blades - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 10:09 pm

more on aero wipers . called wiperblades .co .uk today. Told me that they no longer do the bayonet style we have on our brazibays Sad
so went to Halfords bought some refill blades and replaced the rubbers for now until we find an alternative . At least it will get us through the MOT in a couple weeks
Back to top Go down
Tony880

Tony880

PostSubject: Re: Aero Wiper Blades   Aero Wiper Blades - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 1:23 pm

Whats the specification for the Halfords refill blades please?
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

PostSubject: Re: Aero Wiper Blades   Aero Wiper Blades - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 3:00 pm

Would these be the right spec?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Bayonet-Aero-VU-Window-Windscreen-Wiper-Blades-Select-Sizes-/390811757099?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item5afe322a2b
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Aero Wiper Blades   Aero Wiper Blades - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 3:06 pm

16" blades both sides. Should be alderley....... want to be the guinea pig?

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

PostSubject: Re: Aero Wiper Blades   Aero Wiper Blades - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 3:12 pm

I think I can risk £9.49! I'll give it a go.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Aero Wiper Blades   Aero Wiper Blades - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 3:41 pm

alderley wrote:
I think I can risk £9.49! I'll give it a go.

Good man!!!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Aero Wiper Blades   Aero Wiper Blades - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 7:26 pm

I doubt you'll need them, Alderley, it rarely rains up here in the North West!

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
Voyager

Voyager

PostSubject: Re: Aero Wiper Blades   Aero Wiper Blades - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 4:17 am

AbsintheKombi wrote:

Wink Where we live, if you can see the Pennines it's a sign that it's going to rain. If you can't see them, it's already raining!
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Aero Wiper Blades   Aero Wiper Blades - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 8:01 am

AbsintheKombi wrote:
we have same prob in Wales it never rains Smile
Back to top Go down
Feliz

Feliz

PostSubject: Re: Aero Wiper Blades   Aero Wiper Blades - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:43 pm

Tony880 wrote:
Whats the specification for the Halfords refill blades please?
they only have one choice of 16" refills there are 2 wiper rubbers with a choice of 2 widths of rubber blade carriers . We had to remove the rubber and re thread it into our existing wiper arm blade support.
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

PostSubject: Re: Aero Wiper Blades   Aero Wiper Blades - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 4:40 pm

alderley wrote:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Bayonet-Aero-VU-Window-Windscreen-Wiper-Blades-Select-Sizes-/390811757099?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item5afe322a2b

These don't fit unfortunately. Evidently there are 3 different widths for bayonet arms, 9mm, 8mm and 7.2mm. These are 9mm, as used by Renault. The arms on my van are 7.2mm. I've raised a question to the vendor of the following:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Aero-Flat-Windscreen-Wiper-Blades-Fit-Hook-Bayonet-Pin-Wiper-Arms-/270991332350?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item3f185793fe
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Aero Wiper Blades   Aero Wiper Blades - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 5:50 pm

alderley wrote:
alderley wrote:

These don't fit unfortunately. Evidently there are 3 different widths for bayonet arms, 9mm, 8mm and 7.2mm. These are 9mm, as used by Renault. The arms on my van are 7.2mm. I've raised a question to the vendor of the following:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Aero-Flat-Windscreen-Wiper-Blades-Fit-Hook-Bayonet-Pin-Wiper-Arms-/270991332350?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item3f185793fe

Frustrating. Tell them if they can supply the right width, then we could look at a bulk order.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aero Wiper Blades   Aero Wiper Blades - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Aero Wiper Blades
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next