brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Hi All - From Danbury Motorcaravans . com

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jj123vw

jj123vw

Cabin : Business

Hi All - From Danbury Motorcaravans . com Empty
PostSubject: Hi All - From Danbury Motorcaravans . com   Hi All - From Danbury Motorcaravans . com EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 11:17 am

Hi all ! Great web site and please let us know if we can help anyone ( I'll try and monitor it once a week if I can but were always very busy so bear with us!) . Maybe we could also organise a 'Danbury family' weekend meet up? All the best - Jason. www.danburymotorcaravans.com or e mail : beetlesukltd@yahoo.co.uk lol!

Interesting history of VW T2 for you all that I've copied from a recent article on Danbury:

Timelines
The first prototype van is built using the Beetle's chassis. This was not up to the job, and a unitary body was developed instead, leaving just the engine to come from the Beetle.

Production begins of the Van, Kombi and Bus. All have split front screens and 1131cc/25bhp Beetle engine. Pick-up version follows in 1952.

Engine has grown over the years to 1192cc and 30bhp. This year it is also joined by the 1500 (1493cc), which managed 40bhp initially.

Redesign sees the split windscreen and sculpted nose replaced with a single bay window and smooth front panel. Same wheelbase, but longer front and rear overhangs. Revised rear axle allows a lower floor. Engine is 1.6-litre, 47bhp unit from the Type 3.

1.7-litre engine from the VW 411 is offered as an option, giving 66bhp and better packaging thanks to relocated cooling fan. For the 1974 model year, this is replaced by the 68bhp 1.8-litre unit.

1.8 engine grows to 2-litres (1970cc) and 70bhp. Available with automatic gearbox option.

Production of the T2 ends in Germany, to be replaced by the angular T25. It continues at the VW factory in Mexico with the 1.6 air-cooled engine.

Mexican Type 2s finally ditch the air-cooled engine, but continue for a further five years using an adaptation of the Golf's 1.4 water-cooled powerplant.

Production ends in Mexico, but carries on at the VW factory n Brazil producing both air-cooled variants for domestic consumption, and water-cooled ones for export to Mexico.

Brazil finally gives up on the air-cooled motor, and all T2s built from December onwards are powered by the new improved water cooled unit. This delivers 78bhp on petrol and 80bhp when run on ethanol.

New model (here already at Danbury Motorcaravans in Bristol). New style front grille, new speedo layout, new gearbox speed sensor etc, high level rear brake light.
Back to top Go down
http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Hi All - From Danbury Motorcaravans . com   Hi All - From Danbury Motorcaravans . com EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 10:55 pm

Hi Jason - welcome to you and everyone at Danbury.

Many thanks for the snapshot history - interesting that it reckons the 1.4 engine was originally from the Golf - which it may well have been as the 1.4 (as far as I can remember) didn't appear in the Polo until the Mk3 appeared mid '90s. The Golf had a 1.4 from late 1991 when the Mk3 of that appeared on the scene.

So - don't know about anyone else - but I'm keen to see the new bits on the 2010 T2 model. Have you got any pics you could share with us? I see that VW Brazil have photoshopped a high level rear brake light onto one of their Kombi gallery shots but everything else looks the same. Be great if you got a chance to upload some photos whether here or on your own website.

Yes - a Danbury family weekend would be great - when you've decided when you want to set it up - pop it in the Bay Meet Ups forum.
Back to top Go down
jj123vw

jj123vw

PostSubject: Re: Hi All - From Danbury Motorcaravans . com   Hi All - From Danbury Motorcaravans . com EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 10:01 am

Hi - Many thanks for the warm welcome. I'll do my best to get some pics on the web of the new 2010 model (we may be able to add it to our Facebook page (Search on Facebook for: Danbury Motorcaravans ). If anyone has suggestions on a 'Danbury Family' meet up then please let me know via beetlesukltd@yahoo.co.uk . We'd love to help out and get involved ! Jason. Danbury - 'Home is where you park it!' Laughing
Back to top Go down
jj123vw

jj123vw

PostSubject: Re: Hi All - From Danbury Motorcaravans . com   Hi All - From Danbury Motorcaravans . com EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 9:32 am

Hi Tim - Just been on your web site and it looks very nice! Nice to see 'Flo' is making people happy! Look forawrd to seeing you soon at a meet. All the best and hope your well - Jason www.danburymotorcaravans.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi All - From Danbury Motorcaravans . com   Hi All - From Danbury Motorcaravans . com Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi All - From Danbury Motorcaravans . com
Page 1 of 1