brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Travels with my campervan - Provence

Go down 
+9
Bloke_Off_The_Internet
Richard
kiteman
jj123vw
Tallulah
Scooby
Baydreamer
TimV
stoneyuk
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
stoneyuk

stoneyuk

Cabin : Club

Travels with my campervan - Provence Empty
PostSubject: Travels with my campervan - Provence   Travels with my campervan - Provence EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 12:36 pm

Well, our little trip to Provence is only 6 days away now. Eva has been serviced and is behaving herself. The batteries are being charged and the essential and perhaps, not so essential spares have been gathered and stored in various cupboards. Apart from Eva's new log book - which has not arrived yet from the DVLA - all necessary paperwork/forms have been put into a nice new folder for instant access. Eva's insurance has been renewed and breakdown cover sorted. Camp sites along the way have been identified; the first one being at Arras, second at Trois and the third at Lyon. Our destination camp site is at Beaumes-du-venice in the Vaucluse region of Provence. Along with some friends, we have a trail race to do at nearby Gigondas and then we move into a Gite for a week before running in another local race in Vacqueyras. Then it's the great journey back home, maybe by a different route and different channel crossing. Depending on wifi access, I will endeavour to keep the forum posted about our adventures and progress.

May the Spirits of all good things be with me on this journey into the unknown!
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Travels with my campervan - Provence   Travels with my campervan - Provence EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 12:41 pm

You'll have a fantastic time stoney! Have fun, enjoy the ride and we look forward to the stories and photos.

Basketball

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Travels with my campervan - Provence Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Baydreamer

Baydreamer

PostSubject: Re: Travels with my campervan - Provence   Travels with my campervan - Provence EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 12:42 pm

cant wait to see the pictures. Arras is great for the history and your hoilday looks like one big adventure!!!! Hope you both enjoy yourselves.
Paul
ps there are lots of wheel covers on ebay at the moment!!!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Travels with my campervan - Provence   Travels with my campervan - Provence EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 1:01 pm

Enjoy the trip and take lots of photos
You can always post them when you get back - with the odd descriptive words as well Cool

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Travels with my campervan - Provence   Travels with my campervan - Provence EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 1:05 pm

Sounds great, have fun!

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
jj123vw

jj123vw

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: Travels with my campervan - Provence   Travels with my campervan - Provence EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 4:27 pm

Have a great time Stoney! I love that area and Im sure youll have a fab experience Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Travels with my campervan - Provence   Travels with my campervan - Provence EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 5:16 pm

Jill might even let you buy something for Eva whilst your away as well.

Have a good trip, your love it.

Travels with my campervan - Provence Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
stoneyuk

stoneyuk

PostSubject: Re: Travels with my campervan - Provence   Travels with my campervan - Provence EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 6:03 pm

Bonjour from La Paille Haut, our first stopover point - the sun is shining but tempered by a blustery wind.

[url=http://www.la-paille-haute.com/]http://www.la-paille-haut

Our early Sunday morning start gave us empty roads all the way to Folkestone and the channel tunnel terminal - empty roads continued to the the theme on the French side of the channel too and thus we arrived at today's destination in the early afternoon, where we have been relaxing ever since. The train through the tunnel was interesting for me as a first timer, the toilets though were another matter. Checked out one or two Aires on the way down and was quite impressed with them. This campsite is in the village of Boiry Notre Dame and is rather nice, even though the Dutch seem to have a large presence here. Eva behaved herself perfectly but when the time came to fix on those complicated stick on beam deflectors, I found that one of the headlights was not working - not her fault shough, as it was me who had inadvertently knocked the connector off the back of the lamp housing when refitting recently. As for those deflector thingy's, well I'm still not sure if I have fitted them in the right place but right now... 'am I bovered'. Photo's later by the way, as can't up/download from here.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Travels with my campervan - Provence   Travels with my campervan - Provence EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 8:55 pm

It's this kind of situation that it would have been handy to have the original factory headlamps - as they'd be for driving on the right. Easy to swap over.

I wonder if the T2s delivered to Danbury already have rhd headlamps installed? Jason if you're reading this .....

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Richard

Richard

PostSubject: Re: Travels with my campervan - Provence   Travels with my campervan - Provence EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 9:19 am

Mine are set for right hand drive so have to put tape over the lamps in the UK.
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Travels with my campervan - Provence   Travels with my campervan - Provence EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 1:30 pm

StoneyUK - sounds like you are having a good time - looking forward to the pics Cool

Back to top Go down
Bloke_Off_The_Internet

Bloke_Off_The_Internet

PostSubject: Re: Travels with my campervan - Provence   Travels with my campervan - Provence EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 2:11 pm

Here's an item on JK forum with a picture of the bit to mask on your headlights:

http://www.justkampers.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=160393&start=0

Back to top Go down
stoneyuk

stoneyuk

PostSubject: Re: Travels with my campervan - Provence   Travels with my campervan - Provence EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 7:21 pm

Yo! Reached our destination of Beaumes de Venise, Provence yesterday afternoon after driving into 'violent head winds' for a few hours after leaving Lyon. Our two other stopovers at Troyes and Lyon turned out to be fine - Troyes came with midges and Lyon had a 5 hour thunderstorm. No issues with Eva, she has behaved very well and is now just resting. Got the sun awning up and the bbq out. More later.
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Travels with my campervan - Provence   Travels with my campervan - Provence EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 7:23 pm

Sounds like Eva's done you proud. Crack open a beer and enjoy the sun sunny

Travels with my campervan - Provence Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
Baydreamer

Baydreamer

PostSubject: Re: Travels with my campervan - Provence   Travels with my campervan - Provence EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 7:42 pm

take a chill pill after all that driving!!! enjoy and relax!
Back to top Go down
pastymaster

pastymaster

PostSubject: Re: Travels with my campervan - Provence   Travels with my campervan - Provence EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 7:54 pm

sunny

Have a great time Very Happy

pastymaster

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pastymaster
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Travels with my campervan - Provence   Travels with my campervan - Provence EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 1:59 am

[quote="stoneyuk"]Yo! Reached our destination of Beaumes de Venise[quote]

Don't they make some rather super dessert wine there stoney?! drunken

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Travels with my campervan - Provence   Travels with my campervan - Provence EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 9:37 am

Enjoy the rest and have a great time in the sun sunny

Back to top Go down
stoneyuk

stoneyuk

PostSubject: Re: Travels with my campervan - Provence   Travels with my campervan - Provence EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 11:38 am

Bonjour from Provence - the sun is still shining and has been so strong that the glue holding the rear number plate onto the backing plate melted, which of course meant that the number plate fell off! Thanks be to duck tape, the number plate is now secure once more. Eva has been enjoying herself driving along the vine bordered lanes and byways of Provence and has been attracting quite a bit of attention along the way. Had some frantic arm waving from a French T25 and 2 old Beetles but no sign of any other T2's. We leave Beaumes de Venise this coming Saturday, the start of our long journey back home and expect to cross the channel Wednesday sometime. Will put up photos ASAP after return. Eva is looking decidedly dusty and has a scratch down one side left by a passing branch, so much cleaning and polishing will commence once home.
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Travels with my campervan - Provence   Travels with my campervan - Provence EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 3:59 pm

Sounds like you are enjoying yourself - looking forward to pics Smile

Back to top Go down
stoneyuk

stoneyuk

PostSubject: Re: Travels with my campervan - Provence   Travels with my campervan - Provence EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 10:25 am

Oh yes, one little potential hickup on the way down - got low on fuel at one point and refuelled at a services that only had SP95-E10 available. Had no problems so far and have refuelled with SP95 many times since. I assume E10 refers to 10% ethanol?
Back to top Go down
Bloke_Off_The_Internet

Bloke_Off_The_Internet

PostSubject: Re: Travels with my campervan - Provence   Travels with my campervan - Provence EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 10:54 am

stoneyuk wrote:
Oh yes, one little potential hickup on the way down - got low on fuel at one point and refuelled at a services that only had SP95-E10 available. Had no problems so far and have refuelled with SP95 many times since. I assume E10 refers to 10% ethanol?

Apparently so.

http://www.the-anglo-french-forum.co.uk/index.php?topic=2355.0
Back to top Go down
Kev

Kev

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: Travels with my campervan - Provence   Travels with my campervan - Provence EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 5:54 pm

great update Stoney, sounds fantastic...Agree with Tim a nice veeery chilled glass of Beaumes de venise and a large slice of something from the local patisserie!!! Very Happy

2006 Air-Cooled Duby
Back to top Go down
stoneyuk

stoneyuk

PostSubject: Re: Travels with my campervan - Provence   Travels with my campervan - Provence EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 9:06 pm

Better late than never!

Well, after travelling nearly 1,800 trouble free miles Eva is now back home and resting - and what a splendid adventure we all had. Starting our journey on a Sunday turned out to be a good idea, as was using Le Shuttle to cross the channel - single file parking meant no bashes or scratches from opening doors or people plus bags squeezing by. I was going to write a definitive account of our travels to Provence from here on in but as I have now lost my work twice, I ain't going to bother. Here are some pictures instead. Even getting these photos from my Apple desktop to the forum has been a right pain - I just don't understand how iPhoto works!

On Le Shuttle
Travels with my campervan - Provence Dsc00611

Stopped for a rest - note the use of the umbrella
Travels with my campervan - Provence Dsc00510

Le Paille Haute campsite - Arras
Travels with my campervan - Provence Dsc00612

Seen from the road south of Lyon
Travels with my campervan - Provence Dsc00511

In the distance - Mount Ventoux
Travels with my campervan - Provence Dsc00512

Beaumes de Venice campsite
Travels with my campervan - Provence Dsc00513

Vacqueyras town centre - parked up for a meal
Travels with my campervan - Provence Dsc00514

Typical fortified village - known as the village of God, apparently
Travels with my campervan - Provence Dsc00613

Citroen H van seen at Troyes - I want one!
Travels with my campervan - Provence Dsc00614

A splitty seen on way home - the first one seen for the whole holiday
Travels with my campervan - Provence Dsc00615

Just one of the views - Mount Ventoux in the background
Travels with my campervan - Provence Dsc00515

Picnicking with friends - a 10 mile walk lunch stop
Travels with my campervan - Provence Dsc00516

Music in the town square
Travels with my campervan - Provence Dsc00517

Off shopping
Travels with my campervan - Provence Dsc00518

Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: Travels with my campervan - Provence   Travels with my campervan - Provence EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 10:50 pm

What a good series of photos. Make you feel as if you are enjoying being part of the trip. Pleased to hear that Eva ran along so well.
osg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Travels with my campervan - Provence   Travels with my campervan - Provence Empty

Back to top Go down

Travels with my campervan - Provence
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next