brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

general awning question

Go down 
+5
TimV
kiteman
absquatulation
Tallulah
stephenjedward
9 posters
AuthorMessage
stephenjedward

stephenjedward

Cabin : Economy

general awning question Empty
PostSubject: general awning question   general awning question EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 4:41 pm

I had a look at a few awnings today at a large camping superstore...I like the look of the Kyham Motordome Sleeper (although its pricey)

anyhow I noted that the the driveway awning don't have a built in groundsheet. The shop assistant started to explain about caravan sites regulations/breathable groundsheets, not be allowed certain types of ground sheet etc.

Are there any rules of thumb regards caravan sites / camping sites and awning size/groundsheets etc, or do all sites have their own regulations??

Cheers

Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: general awning question   general awning question EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 7:31 pm

Our awning doesn't have a built in ground sheet, but it does have a separate groundsheet that is the correct size and shape that 'clips' along the edges using hooks.

This means we can choose to use the groundsheet or not depending on weather conditions or site rules.

Its a goid size and not a bad price either.

Link

________________________________________________________________________________
www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
absquatulation

absquatulation

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: general awning question   general awning question EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 8:25 pm

We have a tent / awning with a fitted groundsheet. We tend to put a breathable sheet under it so that it doesn't get all muddy.

I've never had any problems with campsites.

________________________________________________________________________________
I thought the van was blue, but now I'm told its Lilac
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: general awning question   general awning question EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 8:46 pm

Never bothered with a ground sheet. Normaly just lay down a couple of straw matts.

Don't think there are any specific regulations, it's down to the campsite.

general awning question Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: general awning question   general awning question EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 8:57 pm

It is down to the rules of the specific site.

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

general awning question Melogo11
Back to top Go down
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

PostSubject: Re: general awning question   general awning question EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 1:11 pm

Some sites now will only accept breathable groundsheets, stops the grass dying as quickly underneath, most say so when your booking or on thier web sites.
Back to top Go down
JLS 62

JLS 62

Cabin : Club
Location : Leicester - the centre of the world - sorry England

PostSubject: Re: general awning question   general awning question EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 9:51 pm

We have a Khyam Motordome Sleeper and we just use a generic groundhsheet. As stated above - it is down to individual sites. I think those that you must use a breathable groundsheet are in the minority, as we've never had to use a breathable one.
As an aside - the sleeper is really good. We sleep 2 in the van and 2 in the sleeper when staying anywhere more than a couple of nights.
Back to top Go down
eddy

eddy

Cabin : Exec 014

PostSubject: Re: general awning question   general awning question EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 9:58 pm

steve,

think that i mentioned it at our meet up, we use the khyam motordome sleeper with a breathable groundsheet covering the main section (bedroom section has groundsheet built in). I recall one of the sites i went to required breathable groundsheets only. I prefer the breathable over normal as does lift up with less mud and dampness plus looks nicer and feels better on the feet. Purchased mine from "towsure".

best regards,

eddy
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: general awning question   general awning question EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 3:29 pm

We have the Sleeper too - very comfy for two - will sleep four
Do not need to use a ground sheet depending upon type of ground
We have the Kyham one that goes with the Sleeper - see pics elsewhere on Forum
Scooby thinks Kyham is Kool Cool

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: general awning question   general awning question Empty

Back to top Go down

general awning question
Page 1 of 1