brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Cool awning

Go down 
+6
docmark
irishman
max
Scooby
Skytiger
T2SLO
10 posters
AuthorMessage
T2SLO

Cabin : Club

awning - Cool awning Empty
PostSubject: Cool awning   awning - Cool awning EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 9:57 pm

Hi,

First post on the site...Picking up our Danbury SE on Feb 16th and counting the days. Have been looking at awnings for a while now. Kyham sleeper looks great and I see you all highly recommend Kyham models.

What are your thoughts on Quest Dome?? Costs a bit but we are loving the look of it!

http://www.driveaway-awnings.co.uk/products/Quest-Dome.html

Sarah
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: Cool awning   awning - Cool awning EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 11:14 pm

Hi welcome, i like the look aswell check the footprint size, just a word of warning might restrict where you can camp.

But would be ideal for the kombi sleepover Laughing
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Cool awning   awning - Cool awning EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:04 am

Looks Cool Cool
But as Skytiger says check the size
Rooby Roo

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
max

max

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: Cool awning   awning - Cool awning EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 5:48 pm

Welcome!

Do you want to park your camper inside?? That looks awfully big Very Happy

I'd probably go camping first and see how much outside space you need before buying one. But that's just how I'd do it, and I still don't have an awning!

Good luck!

________________________________________________________________________________
Like a Star @ heaven Rennsemmel Like a Star @ heaven ('Racing Roll')
Back to top Go down
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

PostSubject: Re: Cool awning   awning - Cool awning EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 5:32 pm

Hi and welcome to the site, as said, looks rather large, the awning that is. As Max has said worth camping first and see what you need, we don't have an awning but use a tent.
Could wait and see all the awnings at the sleepover in June?
Back to top Go down
T2SLO

PostSubject: Re: Cool awning   awning - Cool awning EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:21 pm

Thanks for the tips. We will go and have a look at the Dome and Kyhams options at drive-away awnings as they down the road from us in Cardiff.

No point in rushing into it.

Sleepover over sounds good...probably need the van before we book though!

Sarah and lyn
Back to top Go down
docmark

docmark

Cabin : Exec 022

PostSubject: Re: Cool awning   awning - Cool awning EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:48 pm

The awning is 3X3m footprint - much same size as many others - some other makes are 3X5m!! There is a separate sleeping cell that extends to one side that can be zipped on.
The connection to the van is also a zip-off the rear wall and zip-in the tunnel - I found the connecting tunnel needs a both of careful adjusting to avoid too many wrinkles - but that may be me!
It is a great space! and very interesting to look at
It is very light grey/with black highlights - not white like the pics in the ad.
Very easy to put up - 6 poles are colour-coded and then simply zip in the sides you want.
Alternative and cheaper would be the coleman shelter with additional side walls and a make-do connection to the van - that is 4X4m footprint and huge.
One caution - the advert states the awning is lightweight at 8.5kg. - It is not - it weighs 32kg and is in a pretty large bag.
I like mine!
awning - Cool awning Dome110
awning - Cool awning Dome210
awning - Cool awning Dome310
awning - Cool awning Dome410
awning - Cool awning Dome510
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Cool awning   awning - Cool awning EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 9:53 pm

docmark wrote:

When I could ever work out how to load a picture I will send one - but I have no idea how to get photos up on this site (help!!)

Seen the guide in the gallery section?

How to post photos/images

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

awning - Cool awning Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

PostSubject: Re: Cool awning   awning - Cool awning EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 11:33 pm

docmark wrote:
The awning is 3X3m footprint

I have to say it looked 4x4m in the picture to me. My khyam motordome tourer ends up being 3m away from bus by 2.5m wide. Which is fine for our needs.

Back to top Go down
T2SLO

PostSubject: Re: Cool awning   awning - Cool awning EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 7:44 am

Thanks Docmark, very helpful to hear from someone who has one and likes it.

Dome still our favourite as size seems to be about right for our family of 4.

Sarah and Lyn
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Cool awning   awning - Cool awning EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 9:12 am

We would like to make a "pitch" for the Khyam Sleeper Cool
Very happy with ours - sleeps up to 4 Very Happy
Posted some pics of the trial erection in the garden Rolling Eyes
Look in Past Events under CamperJam Smile
Rooby Roo
flower

Last edited by Scooby on Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
stoneyuk

stoneyuk

PostSubject: Re: Cool awning   awning - Cool awning EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 12:50 pm

We have the Bandit Awning from the campershop, I think. Our view is that it is a bit too tall, especially as the top cover can blow off in a high wind, which ours has done, and which we have now had modified - once it is off you can't reach high enough to put back on. We have also had extra peg points fitted to the awning, as there were not enough fitted originally. Having said all that, the awning is okay now that the mods have been done. You can see our awning connected to Eva in the photos attached to my post 'On the winter roads'.

Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Cool awning   awning - Cool awning EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 1:05 pm

We have a Campershop Outlaw awning which has plenty of space and sleeps 4 easily in 2x2 detachable sleeping sections. It has approx the same footprint as a Kombi and we used it several times through the summer with excellent results.

Campershop Outlaw

We also have a very old (original 1970s) Royal Traveller that we use occasionally, this provides extra space but we tend not to have anyone sleep in it. Lots of door/window options too.

Royal Traveller - an up to date version!

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Cool awning   awning - Cool awning EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 5:56 pm

Tilly wrote:
Another vote for the more traditional Royal Traveller here. All these new-fangled space agey dome ones seem more suited to a T5 to me!

Just wait 'til the new Microbus gets here .... then there'll be a whole new set of toys to play with. From what I read, it'll be here sooner rather than later too!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Cool awning   awning - Cool awning EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 11:54 pm

Lovely shade of yellow you've got there on your Kombi docmark and it looks like yellow is your fleet colour judging by the Fox pictured.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

PostSubject: Re: Cool awning   awning - Cool awning EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 12:48 am

docmark that does look really cool that awning, real change from the norm.
Back to top Go down
T2SLO

PostSubject: Re: Cool awning   awning - Cool awning EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:52 am

Thanks Docmark, Its great to see the size next to the van.

Very Helpful and Dome still our favourite at the moment.

Sarah and Lyn
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Cool awning   awning - Cool awning EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 4:01 pm

Cool pics docmark Cool
Been out in the wind with this awning?

Back to top Go down
docmark

docmark

Cabin : Exec 022

PostSubject: Re: Cool awning   awning - Cool awning EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 9:48 pm

Thanks Tim
Just matching engines - Fox/Combi - colour in the same end of the spectrum!
So far wind ok - plenty of guy lines (not shown)
Back to top Go down
JLS 62

JLS 62

Location : Leicester - the centre of the world - sorry England

PostSubject: Re: Cool awning   awning - Cool awning EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 10:53 pm

Just to add my thoughts - we have a khyam motordome and the reason we got it was the time to put it up - not something mentioned here - although I haven't read every message. We have 2 under age 6 children and wanted something that could be put up quickly - no matching coloured poles etc. The motordome can be put up in about 5 minutes - although pegging takes much longer.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Cool awning   awning - Cool awning EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 11:24 pm

I concur with what JLS 62 says here. I often need to raise our awning by myself and the quick set-up afforded by the Khyam is invaluable.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

PostSubject: Re: Cool awning   awning - Cool awning EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 11:29 pm

If only I could adapt this Paslode Nailer to fire pegs instead of nails Khyams would take only an additional 1 minute for pegging rather than an hour. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cool awning   awning - Cool awning Empty

Back to top Go down

Cool awning
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: KOMBI Katalogue :: Bay Related Products :: Awnings/Sun Canopies-
Jump to: