brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

New import year

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sub180

Cabin : Economy

New import year Empty
PostSubject: New import year   New import year EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 8:33 pm

Please can anyone help I am trying to proove the year of manufacture of new import chassis number BH286065
trying to proove to the DVLA to get new number plates.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

New import year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New import year   New import year EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 10:18 pm

When you say new import chassis - do you mean simply that - the chassis - or is this an entire van? Where has it come from?

If this is a relatively new build, and you have the fulll chassis number you should be able to get the manufacture date by quoting it at your local VW dealer parts department. They then will have a date on their system that it was produced.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

New import year Melogo11
Back to top Go down
sub180

New import year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New import year   New import year EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 7:20 pm

Tim
Sorry I have imported a split screen kombi With chassis number BH286065 the DVLA need me to prove it is built in 1972, Ivan from Volks world mag has sent me an email confirming the build was 1972, I am awaiting birth certificate from germany but can any work out there workout VIN numbers and convince the DVLA.

Many thanks
Marcus
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

New import year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New import year   New import year EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 11:23 pm

Mmm that's a tricky one for us really as we're really about the current Kombi ie. Bay Window. However, if we can help we will. Have you tried contacting the factory in Brazil?

________________________________________________________________________________
@brazilianvwbay

New import year Melogo11
Back to top Go down
sub180

New import year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New import year   New import year EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 12:46 pm

Tim
I have contacted germany awaiting reply, cannot find email address for vw in brazil has anyone got a contact, I have been told I need to write in Portragese ,would love to contact them.
Marcus
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

New import year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New import year   New import year EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 1:59 pm

I'm happy to be proved wrong but I'd be surprised if VW Europe would be able to help because of the independent way they and Brazil categorised their respective products in the 'early' years.

However, why not use a web based translator such as Alta Vista and join a VW forum in Brazil and see if they can help? Tackle the problem in the home market!

Here's a link to Volkswagen do Brasil's recognised clubs:

http://www.volkswagen.com/br/pt/planeta_volkswagen/Clubes-E-Associacoes.html

Let us know how you get on please?

Also, how hard/easy was it to get your Split over here and how long did it take?

@brazilianvwbay

New import year Melogo11
Back to top Go down
sub180

New import year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New import year   New import year EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 2:20 pm

I found it on Gumtree the person selling it had done all the hard work apart from the missing log he got into money problems and had to sell it, the shipping cost with the VAT totaled £3500 and took 1 month from San palo to Tilbury and 2 weeks though customs who estimate the VAT on the value of the BUS!! if you are luckey.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New import year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New import year   New import year Empty

Back to top Go down

New import year
Page 1 of 1