brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks

Go down 
+11
Voyager
Sunny
belgiumbay
Batman
NorthPoles
jj123vw
JLS 62
Bileos
TimV
Tallulah
t24fun
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
t24fun

Cabin : Club

Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks Empty
PostSubject: Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks   Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 5:51 pm

Can anyone please advise us where to go for the following items?

We are seeking competively priced items.

Curtain hooks, as used by Danbury;

Fiamma Bike Rack to suit the Brazi Bay, Please include model number reference;

Heater Fan Control Knob as fitted to the Aqua's.

Thank you in advance.

David and Lyn
T2 4 Fun
Back to top Go down
http://www.t24fun.co.uk
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks   Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 6:05 pm

Pretty sure you can get the curtain hooks and def the Fiamma bike rack (as modelled by Tallulah and Max at Volksworld) from JustKampers.com

JK have an open day on 10th June with 10% off everything bought on the day, might be worth a day out...

Not sure about the fan control knob though this type of thing can normally be sourced from Maplins and other such outlets.

________________________________________________________________________________
www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
t24fun

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks   Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 6:17 pm

Hi

Thank you, we will give them another try, I guess we need to speak to someone who knows there stock?

Hope all is well with you?

David and Lyn
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks   Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 6:38 pm

All good thanks.

________________________________________________________________________________
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks   Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 10:33 pm

Yes both the curtain hooks and bike rack are definitely available from Just Kampers - remember to ask for our club discount. The heater control knob is a bit trickier but have a look at this:

Heater fan knob

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Bileos

Bileos

Cabin : Exec 005

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks   Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 6:02 pm

Hi T24fun, the curtain rings supplied by Just Kampers are not the same size...I ordered some recently but the little thingy that slides onto the rail is too big and not the same as the one on our Danbury curtain rail! I have checked the JK site and it only looks like one size available. We only need one so haven't bothered to search anywhere else as yet, not sure if anyone else knows where you can get them?
Back to top Go down
t24fun

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks   Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 6:18 pm

Thanks Bileos!

I guess I will have to check with Danbury.
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks   Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 9:02 am

I had the same problem, the ones from JK are bigger sliders, if your rails are the metal ones. I got round the problem by buying silent gliss sliders from a local camping shop, and basterdising the JK ones by using just the curtain clips off them,and attaching them to the silent gliss sliders, if this makes sense. I took one of the sliders to the shop to make sure I got the right size. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JLS 62

JLS 62

Location : Leicester - the centre of the world - sorry England

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks   Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 10:15 am

We have had the same problem getting the sliders to fit - even the VW curtain camper company didn't have the same ones that Danbury supply when we asked them at last years Stanford Hall. Danbury must be able to supply replacements - please - at a very small price.
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks   Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 11:47 am

Hope this helps.
Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks Curtai11

Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks Imgp0910

A   Curtain hook from JK (Fits their particular rail)
B   Slider and hook separated
C   Slider from Silent Gliss and JK hook
D   Silent Gliss slider and JK hook joined to produce Danbury type hook.

Silent Gliss slider came from a camping shop, but are packed by Grove Products, Broadway, Hyde , Cheshire SK14 4QF tel 0161 367 7303, cost £3.50 for 25. (part number 105072) Laughing  Laughing

Last edited by dizzylizard on Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks   Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 11:49 am

nice one.

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
jj123vw

jj123vw

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks   Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 11:51 am

Yes Danbury can supply curtain hooks, bike racks and even heater knobs cheers Just PM me with what anyone needs..........
Back to top Go down
http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com
jj123vw

jj123vw

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks   Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 2:12 pm

FYI: Curtain hooks are £4.50 a pack for gliders (they go into the rail) and the same for the packets of hooks (these clip onto the gliders) collected or plus £3.00 postage if required. All prices are plus VAT. If you want to order just PM me with a contact tel number for payment (debit card) and Ill arrange it all for you . Thank you
Back to top Go down
NorthPoles

NorthPoles

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks   Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 3:33 pm

Most useful stuff - thank you everybody as I was about to ask the same question regarding curtains - nice job, Dizzy.

Now - how about those tapes on the curtains - is that a standard thing? Where do you get those? We are planning to fit Rudi with new curtains with a help of one of my talented friends but we need to supply her with all the bits and pieces first.
Back to top Go down
http://www.retro-holidays-camper-hire.co.uk
t24fun

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks   Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 3:55 pm

Coo! I did not realise what a can of worms I was opening when I raised this issue.

Thank you to all who have responded and or contributed.

Jason at Danbury has been most helpful and can supply either the sliders and the hooks. He can also supply the Heater Knob.

Regards to all.

David
Back to top Go down
jj123vw

jj123vw

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks   Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 6:00 pm

No problem David. Glad to help and Ill arrange for the items to be sent out tomorrow. All the best. Jason
Back to top Go down
Bileos

Bileos

Cabin : Exec 005

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks   Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 11:56 am

Thanks for the quick response Jason, although we only needed a couple it will be good to have some spares!
Back to top Go down
jj123vw

jj123vw

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks   Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 11:59 am

No problem Bill ! Nice to speak with you and glad I could help Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Batman

Batman

Cabin : Exec 072

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks   Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 9:22 pm

Hey Jay
What do you guys charge for a Fiamma Bike rack mate - I'm getting sick of trawling ebay for one!
Cheers - Batty
Back to top Go down
jj123vw

jj123vw

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks   Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 10:09 pm

Hi Batty - Ive sent you a PM of current best price with a good club discount Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks   Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 10:51 pm

Batman wrote:
Hey Jay
What do you guys charge for a Fiamma Bike rack mate - I'm getting sick of trawling ebay for one!
Cheers - Batty

£158.50 from Just Kampers minus our club discount and in stock.

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks Melogo11
Back to top Go down
belgiumbay

belgiumbay

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks   Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 10:45 am

If anyone is using silent gliss you can get the sliders and hooks from just-fabrics.co.uk

the genuine silent gliss ones are lighter than the ones on the JK sliders and available in both wire or plastic i think

If your rail takes the small silent gliss then any G-1 size slider will work - in Belgium we bought ones made by swish that had a built in hook and slide as a fixed unit

Yes it is sad knowing this sort of info about curtains but in belgium curtains are taken very seriously our last two pairs before we moved from belgium cost us just over 2000 euro and most Belgians buy new curtains every two years
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

Cabin : Exec 050

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks   Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 11:35 am

belgiumbay wrote:
our last two pairs before we moved from belgium cost us just over 2000 euro and most Belgians buy new curtains every two years

Shocked

I can think of plenty of things I'd rather spend 100quid a month on. Sheesh. Glad I don't live in Belgium, where curtains take priority. Wink
Back to top Go down
belgiumbay

belgiumbay

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks   Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 12:42 pm

Yes in 5 years their our neighbours had two kitchens, their garden re-designed and I mean a 20m by 5m garden a new bathroom and had started on one bedroom when we left and over a ten year cycle will start the whole process again

But then house prices are relatively cheap compared to the UK for equivalent sort of postcodes areas - ours was a 2 floor 3 bedroom over a full length garage as was only 160 thousand euro so whats that 115 thousand pound in a post code area that would be similar to london suburbs - so more is spent on the building fabric than on the house itself
Back to top Go down
NorthPoles

NorthPoles

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks   Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:26 pm

jj123vw wrote:
Hi Batty - Ive sent you a PM of current best price with a good club discount Very Happy

Hi, Jason

Not quite sure why the quote for the rack is such a secret that it needs to be sent as PM Wink - but can we have a quote for one as well ? We've just started shopping for a bike rack, too.

Regards

Connie
Back to top Go down
http://www.retro-holidays-camper-hire.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks   Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks Empty

Back to top Go down

Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next