brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover

Go down 
+12
Dennis
Tallulah
Skytiger
olive
JLS 62
dazdub
Sunny
Scooby
AbsintheKombi
osg
MarcusH
TimV
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover Empty
PostSubject: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 1:03 pm

Kiteman and I want you to get to know your BraziBay intimately.

At The Kombi Sleepover we'll be running an advice workshop on the Saturday afternoon where between us we hope to help you gain confidence in performing some basic maintenance. We won't be doing oil changes, but if it's help with changing bulbs, wiper blades, correctly raising/lowering the poptop, corrosion proofing, oil/water checks, etc we want to talk you through it. Further, if you're contemplating new door panels from Newton Commercial I'd be happy to show you how to go about it. The idea is to help you do more on your Kombi, so you can enjoy keeping it in tiptop shape.

So we plan to start around 2pm - please reply below with anything you'd like us to cover for you.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover Melogo11
Back to top Go down
MarcusH

MarcusH

Cabin : Exec 031

PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 1:28 pm

Good idea - having the confidence is half the battle
Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 1:47 pm

Yes please Tim, here's a few:

How to check and then keep an eye out for deterioration of the fuel filler pipe?

Reading a tyre's age and it's performance rating from the tyre itself?

Battery maintenence and re-charging - what, how and when?

How to find any particular relay?

Looking forward to your advice

osg
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 1:57 pm

Ok - thanks osg - good topics.

________________________________________________________________________________
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 2:30 pm

Oil / water checks are a good idea - Alison & I will attend at 2pm - she's the practical one so useful if she's there.

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 4:19 pm

Walmsleys wrote:
Oil / water checks are a good idea - Alison & I will attend at 2pm - she's the practical one so useful if she's there.

Will do Very Happy

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 5:14 pm

Great idea Tim
Scooby will be attending
Will think of some specific items before then
Rooby Roo

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

Cabin : Exec 050

PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 6:03 pm

Some hot tips for the new owner, perhaps?
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 6:11 pm

I have the tools in my van to pull the engine out of an air cooed bay if I need to and have in the past (the dark days of driving a splitscreen camper) but not now I have a Brazilian bay I just get in and drive Smile
Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 7:01 pm

What range of ecommended lubricants?: Hinges, locks, wipers, sliding door, sliding windows, gas-struts, pedals etc.

Levels and Topping up: Oil, Water, Anti-freeze, Screenwash, Brake fluid, Drinking water, Battery(s), Tyres, Gas cylinder.

osg
Back to top Go down
JLS 62

JLS 62

Cabin : Club
Location : Leicester - the centre of the world - sorry England

PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 7:24 pm

I know you mentioned wiper blades - how about fitting those new type of blades - not sure what they are called - but they look better than the 'normal' ones in terms of efficiency.

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 9:06 pm

osg I can see you'll be taking a seat right up front! Good stuff to discuss though, thank you for your suggestions.

JLS - sure I fancy a set of those Aero wipers so I'll order some up. I'm sure they're easy to fit.

@brazilianvwbay

Last edited by TimV on Thu May 10, 2012 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:09 pm

Live Kombi Kreative is a great idea, as well as doing techie bits for the van, which is invaluable, can you consider Live Kombi Kooking Kitchen. We have a few good simple Kooking Kreations which we don't mind demonstrating and sharing with everyone to try out ( nothing to difficult mind you) and if there are any others prepared to demonstrate and share their ideas then all the better.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover EmptyTue May 01, 2012 8:53 pm

I think you just volunteered to run that show olive. What time do you want to start that? Can I suggest around 4pm so it's mid way between Kombi Kreative and the hirers get-together at 6pm Chez Tallulah for Kombi Konnect?

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover EmptyTue May 01, 2012 9:43 pm

Great, 4pm sounds good to me. I will now go away and come up with something Kreative and simple to do.
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover EmptyTue May 01, 2012 10:33 pm

I am right in saying were going for the weekend not the month, I'm going to need a week off to recover Wink
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover EmptyTue May 01, 2012 11:12 pm

Skytiger wrote:

I am right in saying were going for the weekend not the month, I'm going to need a week off to recover Wink

In think your right on that one Skytiger, especially with your long drive, when will you be setting off?
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover EmptyTue May 01, 2012 11:33 pm

TimV wrote:
osg I can see you'll be taking a seat right up front! Good stuff to discuss though, thank you for your suggestions.

JLS - sure I fancy a set of those Aero wipers so I'll order some up. I'm sure they're easy to fit.

Let me know which ones and code that you get as I will order them too, specially after the deluge we've had recently
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover EmptyTue May 01, 2012 11:50 pm

Ok olive. Will post when I've successfully fitted them.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover EmptyWed May 02, 2012 9:03 am

Hey Olive, on the Kooking Kreations front, Scooby is always willing to help out with the tasting Laughing

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover EmptyWed May 02, 2012 6:22 pm

Scooby wrote:
Hey Olive, on the Kooking Kreations front, Scooby is always willing to help out with the tasting Laughing

Thought you might like a Scooby Snack before tea, hope there will be enough for most to taste!
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover EmptyWed May 02, 2012 9:53 pm

olive wrote:
I think your right on that one Skytiger, especially with your long drive, when will you be setting off?

Some time in the early hours on Saturday I suspect, will pack Phileas on the Friday after I finish work get some sleep and then try to wake up and drive.

That's the plan anyway Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover EmptyWed May 02, 2012 10:24 pm

My previous experience on timings in a standard car @ 75 mph average is, Glasgow to London approx 6 hours, I am sure you have multi mapped it but just take it easy.
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover EmptyWed May 02, 2012 10:50 pm

Well the route I'm thinking of is M74,A74(M),M6,M6Toll,M42,M40,A422,A423.

Should be around 5Hrs 45mins but thats without any stops and no tail wind Very Happy

I'll start the sweep stake on how many bugs will be on my front panel by the time I get there Wink
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:00 pm

If you leave in the wee early hours it will be dark and cold, so in theory there are not many bugs out at that time so you may be lucky, all the way with no stops, I take my hat off to you, there will be a cold beer waiting for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover Empty

Back to top Go down

Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next