brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover

Go down 
+12
Dennis
Tallulah
Skytiger
olive
JLS 62
dazdub
Sunny
Scooby
AbsintheKombi
osg
MarcusH
TimV
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

kombi - Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   kombi - Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:32 pm

There will be stops, mainly for fuel though so will take a bit longer.
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   kombi - Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover - Page 2 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 9:11 am

Looking forward to meeting you Skytiger and 'pawing' over your Kombi, but drive carefully.
I'm sure we shall all be awaiting your safe arrival on the Saturday.
Rooby Roo
flower

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   kombi - Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover - Page 2 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 10:19 am

Skytiger

We will be coming down the M6 - here is a section of the route from J19 onwards.
http://www.transportdirect.info/Web2/JourneyPlanning/JourneyDetails.aspx?cacheparam=10
Previously on here there was discussion about high charges on the M6 Toll - never resolved whether the camper runs at basic car rate or at next higher rate.
The route above is only 5 minutes longer than using the M6 Toll.

osg
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   kombi - Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover - Page 2 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 10:38 am

We've used the Toll and paid the same as a car.

See you on the M6 South as well!

________________________________________________________________________________
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   kombi - Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover - Page 2 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 10:51 am

That's interesting, the details on the M6 toll site are quite specific, the vehicle class and therefore the cost is based on the height above the front axle and the number of axles.

A Kombi is clearly higher than 1.3m at the front axle and is therefore a class 4 vehicle, therefore £8.60 if between 6am and 11pm at the weekend.

At peak times the M6 toll might make a difference, but in my experience there's not much in it the rest of the time - although I don't travel that way much anymore, so it might be different now.

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   kombi - Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover - Page 2 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 11:20 am

Maybe we just got away with it - bonus!

I really like the Toll - after the stop/start of the M6 from J28 to Brum it's nice to be able to cruise easily (and stop for a coffee at the services)

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
Sunny

Sunny

Cabin : Exec 050

PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   kombi - Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover - Page 2 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 2:51 pm

I'll be bringing my new Cobb Cooker (ordered it last night). Might even have learnt how to use it by then Smile
Back to top Go down
Dennis

Cabin : Exec 033

PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   kombi - Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover - Page 2 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 8:48 am

Have a look on JK forum there is a thread about lighting them and different type of cobb stones. Tim
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   kombi - Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover - Page 2 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 7:19 pm

Tallulah wrote:
That's interesting, the details on the M6 toll site are quite specific, the vehicle class and therefore the cost is based on the height above the front axle and the number of axles.

A Kombi is clearly higher than 1.3m at the front axle and is therefore a class 4 vehicle, therefore £8.60 if between 6am and 11pm at the weekend.

I was looking at the site for cost aswell and your lucky if you can get through as a car. I think I might put a measuring tape to it just out of interest.
Back to top Go down
EJ

EJ

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   kombi - Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 9:47 pm

Hello! I missed this thread before. Yes please! I'd like to come along to the workshops!

Great idea!

Thank you! :-)

Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   kombi - Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 7:39 am

if anybody want I have a obd2 code reader I can bring it will check engine fault codes and delete if needed Smile
Back to top Go down
pastymaster

pastymaster

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   kombi - Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 7:38 pm

Walmsleys wrote:
Maybe we just got away with it - bonus!

I really like the Toll - after the stop/start of the M6 from J28 to Brum it's nice to be able to cruise easily (and stop for a coffee at the services)

We love the Toll road but got charged the commercial rate every time we've been down (I think).

It's so much quieter and stress free down the Toll.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pastymaster
andhoops

andhoops

PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   kombi - Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 8:54 pm

it maight have been suggested already but i would like to know more about applying waxoil or an alternative and also anything anyone knows about the workings of the webasto
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   kombi - Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 9:02 pm

andhoops wrote:
it maight have been suggested already but i would like to know more about applying waxoil or an alternative and also anything anyone knows about the workings of the webasto

Sure thing - Waxoyling was already on the To Do List. Will add the Webasto.

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

kombi - Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover - Page 2 Melogo11
Back to top Go down
andhoops

andhoops

PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   kombi - Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 9:06 pm

brilliant thanks i have purchased waxoil but not been brave enough to open it yet
Back to top Go down
Lulu

Lulu

PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   kombi - Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 4:30 pm

Really looking forward to these sessions... Waxoil & panel insulation get my vote!
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   kombi - Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 4:40 pm

andhoops wrote:
brilliant thanks i have purchased waxoil but not been brave enough to open it yet

Tbh the ambient temperature is too low at the moment for it to work effectively! Rolling Eyes

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Lulu

Lulu

PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   kombi - Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 9:34 pm

Oh Tim, yea have little faith!... Just wait, 80-degree temperatures are beckoning.

(Maybe)
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   kombi - Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 9:40 pm

Bring it on Lulu!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   kombi - Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 12:38 am

We'll get you shiny again maz!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover   kombi - Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Live Kombi Kreative @ The Sleepover
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: Maintenance/Technical :: Kombi Kreative-
Jump to: