brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Tuscany and back...pt 1

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bileos

Bileos

Cabin : Exec 005

Tuscany and back...pt 1 Empty
PostSubject: Tuscany and back...pt 1   Tuscany and back...pt 1 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 9:26 am

Hi, I would like to thank the forum for the advice and tips that I gleaned before embarking on our first proper camping trip in 'Olive' since buying her back in October. So we took the plunge and embarked on a 3 week trip to Tuscany. I should not have been so anxious as Olive performed really well and we never had a hiccup having completed 4000kms (2500miles) with 10 stopovers.
I would recommend that anyone thinking about camping in Europe gets hold of the ACSI campsite guide which was very useful and also gave a discount - the most we paid was 16 euros but mostly 14 euros for a night which I thought was very reasonable and some included heated swimming pools..
Having driven a car through central France to the Midi Pyrenees some years ago I wanted to use a different route and also stay off the payage to see a lot more of the French countryside - well worth it and we decided to use the East side via Dijon, Macon, Lyon and Aix en Provence via Cote D'Azur into Italy and I gave myself about 4-5 hours driving between stopovers.
Here are some piccies of the sites we stayed on at various stages of a fantastic tour

On board Le Shuttle - er indoors doesn't like ferries
Tuscany and back...pt 1 Dsc00831
Geraudot - our first stopover near Troyes the campsite was opposite the Seine Reservoir
Tuscany and back...pt 1 Dsc00832
Vonnas - this campsite was only 200metres from this pretty village yet still secluded
Tuscany and back...pt 1 Dsc00833
St Thome - near Montelimar by the side of a small river
Tuscany and back...pt 1 Dsc_0413

More to come...
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Tuscany and back...pt 1   Tuscany and back...pt 1 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 9:30 am

Sounds a great trip - will await further reports & pics - thanks for sharing Cool

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Tuscany and back...pt 1   Tuscany and back...pt 1 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 9:35 am

Looks great - we plan to do a grand tour sometime so looking forward to more pics and any tips you picked up on your way.

________________________________________________________________________________
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tuscany and back...pt 1   Tuscany and back...pt 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tuscany and back...pt 1
Page 1 of 1