brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Have a Very Brazi 2021!!
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
11 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

First camp site in France

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bob

Bob

Cabin : Club

First camp site in France Empty
PostSubject: First camp site in France   First camp site in France EmptyTue May 04, 2010 9:42 pm

Taking off to France first week of July for first time. Going through the tunnel and dont want to travel more than 50-100m on the other side before setting up for first night. Probably more coastline. Anybody recommend any sites ?
Back to top Go down
pipestrangler

PostSubject: Re: First camp site in France   First camp site in France EmptySun May 23, 2010 9:49 pm

Hi
I went last year I recon a great stop off would be Etratat ( coastal area )
Honfluor was also great brill area to visit.
Im going on the 11th of June fore 2 weeks hope you have a great time.
Best regards
Pipestrangler
Back to top Go down
http://nick.sewell@live.co.uk
belgiumbay

belgiumbay

PostSubject: Re: First camp site in France   First camp site in France EmptyMon May 24, 2010 6:45 am

There is a great sites in St Omer that are used to brits coming of the ferry or la Manche and just staying the one night - Also good sites to stop over before heading back
Back to top Go down
Kev

Kev

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: First camp site in France   First camp site in France EmptyMon May 24, 2010 8:26 am

Hi, dop you have the name or pointer to the camp site it St Omer? Cheers
Back to top Go down
belgiumbay

belgiumbay

PostSubject: Re: First camp site in France   First camp site in France EmptyMon May 24, 2010 11:41 am

Campsite La Chaumière at N 50°48'6"  E 2°20'21" is good

and

Pommiers des Trois Pays which is between Calais and St Omer

both can be found on the acsi eurocamping web site

http://www.eurocampings.co.uk/en/europe/france/nord-pas-de-calais/

anyone heading to france though really could do worse than getting a copy of the acsi camping guide available in english in waterstones etc and if you want to travel france with out paying to camp and can live self contained - which actually for a few days is possible in a VW if you swim at municipal baths and use their shower facilities probably the best buy is a copy of "all the aires" you can get it in english from vicarious press http://www.all-the-aires.com/index.htm or better still head into the first carrefour or auchan you see in france and buy the french version http://atlas-routier.com/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=54&osCsid=4ulmc6rkc2bj8kdrq88ikvlmt1 even with very basic french it is easy to use

Also essentail in France is a copy of the Michelin foldable atlas again the french edition (not the spiral bound but the fold back) it contains good maps a good best route map and for the autoroutes a really useful guide for where each service station is and what is on each service station, lots of town plans as well
http://www.michelin-boutique.com/guides-cartes/cartes-plans-atlas/france/atlas/atlas-france-2010-tous-services-utiles-p-873.html?osCsid=50f811cb4923d99dda33725f6c4b6424
Back to top Go down
Kev

Kev

PostSubject: Re: First camp site in France   First camp site in France EmptyMon May 24, 2010 5:15 pm

BelgiumBay, Thankyou for the post, very very helpful indeed.

All, Just for info, many of the site reviews are often not in English, usually Dutch, if so, just copy and paste into Babel fish translator at http://babelfish.yahoo.com/...Not perfect but you get the drift!
Back to top Go down
belgiumbay

belgiumbay

PostSubject: Re: First camp site in France   First camp site in France EmptyMon May 24, 2010 6:43 pm

I kev

If the there is a nederlands review you can almost bet that the review is good - sort of a racial stereo type but it is true - the dutch or even worse the Flemish (belgium north of brussels) - only ever see a point in giving a good review not a bad one - it is because they like waring brown - but as I an leaving Vlaanderen I can al least say that

Smile
Back to top Go down
ianclarke1970

ianclarke1970

PostSubject: Re: First camp site in France   First camp site in France EmptyWed May 07, 2014 3:20 pm

Im lo0oking at going to France /Belgium for a week in Aug. 3 days getting down to dover then 8 nights over there and then 3 nights on the way back. Any ideas anyone. Looking for a place with a pool and allows Dogs
Back to top Go down
Kaz

Kaz

Cabin : Exec 057

PostSubject: Re: First camp site in France   First camp site in France EmptyWed May 07, 2014 4:05 pm

May I suggest a website - ukcampsite.co.uk - which we found useful for our recent trip to Brittany. I assume you know all about the pet passport scheme. We also downloaded the Alan Rogers campsites for France, and took the book just in case. Most were fine with dogs under control and on a leash. August will be busy with French holidaymakers, so best to book ahead early. We had a great time in April out of season when the campsites were empty, and only booked as a precaution the day before. Hoping to return in September. There are many campsites with pools catering for families, and many quieter rural sites with fewer amenities. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
ianclarke1970

ianclarke1970

PostSubject: Re: First camp site in France   First camp site in France EmptyWed May 07, 2014 4:06 pm

Thanks Kaz Will check out them sites!
Back to top Go down
greenjc90

greenjc90

Cabin : Exec 039

PostSubject: Re: First camp site in France   First camp site in France EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 10:19 pm

Ian - if you are going down as far as Reims / champagne country (c. 200 k from from Calais) - I can recommend a quiet, well equipped site at Guignicourt - literally 5 minutes off the A26 - Camping au bord de l'Aisne. It has a brand new heated pool and has a gate (for campsite users only) at the far end of the site that takes you out on to the river bank and a large grassy area, ideal for pooches. Guignicourt is not particularly exciting but there are some lovely towns in the vicinity - Laon and Soisson. There are also some interesting historical sites, war graves, Chemin des Dames, etc. If you would like some pics let me know.
Back to top Go down
ianclarke1970

ianclarke1970

PostSubject: Re: First camp site in France   First camp site in France EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 2:16 pm

yes I have just checked out this site and think we may go there for four nights

so looking at 3 nights in Belgium
4 nights here

then maybe 3 night back up near to the ferry at Calais (any suggestions?)
Back to top Go down
greenjc90

greenjc90

PostSubject: Re: First camp site in France   First camp site in France EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 7:31 pm

Just south of Calais (10 miles) we stayed our first night at Camping La Bien Assise in Guines - booked it via the Caravan Club but I'm going back for a girly trip at the end of the month and I just rang them to book a pitch.  Again - excellent facilities (even heating in the shower block) and very friendly.  They loved the van Very Happy.  The guys next to us had a dog - so that worked too.  Didn't use the pool but it looks nice.  I was looking for something close to a beach - but the sites all looked quite basic.  Have fun…...
Back to top Go down
ianclarke1970

ianclarke1970

PostSubject: Re: First camp site in France   First camp site in France EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 2:39 pm

Had such a Fab time last year in France. We are going to do it all over again (12 nights in total). this time we are thinking of Driving to Chamonix staying two days there then though the mont blanc tunlle t oItally and on to the south of france for about 5 days then driving back up though france.

any recomendations or ideas?

Ps Greenjc90 was that you on the ferry last year?
Back to top Go down
greenjc90

greenjc90

PostSubject: Re: First camp site in France   First camp site in France EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 10:01 pm

Yes ianclarke1070 Very Happy  - that was us on the ferry bouncebounce   We are off again next month for another "shopping" trip.  Been trying to find a campsite not too far from Calais with hardstanding and open in Feb.  Camping Hotel Bal appears an option - anyone know it?
Back to top Go down

First camp site in France
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: Out and About in your Brazilian Bus :: Brazilian Bay friendly Campsites and Camping Clubs-
Jump to: