brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Litesteer power steering

Go down 
+23
Voyager
Sunshine Daisy
Firebird
jj123vw
Dalesman
Mick
Scooby
neillitesteer
Matt
Footsteps
Dennis
harryhornet
kiteman
Richard
graciebabie
TimV
AbsintheKombi
Carlos
Skytiger
Sunny
dizzylizard
Tallulah
irishman
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 8:24 pm

The issue is with the way Danbury do the RHD convertion and turn the steering box upside down. If you look at Irishmans litesteeer setup. A new bracket for the steering box has been welded to the chassis and the box repositioned and fitted the right way up. That's how they can now retro fit

________________________________________________________________________________
steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 2 Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 8:52 pm

Sorry to p33 on your fireworks kiteman, irishman's Kombi has a reconditioned RHD steering box fitted, not a left hand one rejigged.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 2 Melogo11
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 9:25 pm

In that case i stand corrected. I knew there was something going on with the box. Now I know Wink

steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 2 Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:59 am

I'm booked in with Neil next month and despite Peppa's strident views I'm looking forward to being able to manoeuvre at slow speeds more easily. I'm surprised Neil hasn't added his comments here but he's probably too busy earning a living.

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 9:25 am

I can't see how anyone can consider 'litesteer' as a complete waste of money. Surely this type of innovation only goes to show how adaptable our vehicles can be. I'm certainly going to get it fitted in the next 12 months due to medical reasons. I suffer from joint pain in my shoulders and it will allow me to enjoy driving my Kombi without the pain I currently get when turning the steering wheel.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 9:42 am

Indeed, having driven Kombis with both systems, I would def get the kit if funds allowed.

Unfortunately, the 27 year old boiler in my gaff just breathed its last and that is costing me 3 grand to replace. I'll keep working my triceps for now.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Dennis

Cabin : Exec 033

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 7:15 pm

We call them women in Wales !!!
Back to top Go down
Footsteps

Footsteps

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 4:02 pm

I'm off to meet Neil on Monday to get power steering fitted to our van. Can't wait.
Gotta say. I've had the van for 4 weeks now and visiting this site, you guys are a fountain of knowledge!! Hoping I can get some good facts to help people out once I get motoring.
To date, I'm organising the tyres, curtains, interior seat trims (although that's a good friend of mine), rear sensors, and currently having a centre console made (which I do hope will be a good thing for people, as it looks as though it's going to be a fraction of the cost available elsewhere) And your side door pockets were a revaluation Tim - When they're back in stock I'm getting into that straight away... First outing (much needed) and planned for us in September :0)

e. campers@vdubventures.com
w. www.vdubventures.com

t. 01206 865 741
m. 07767 861 834
Back to top Go down
http://www.vduvventures.com
Footsteps

Footsteps

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 9:54 am

Feedback on the Power Steering. Unbelievable.
Neil's a great bloke, really helpful and the work was excellent. Can't recommend enough.

And.. Above.. I meant revelation not revaluation (should have checked auto spell!!)

e. campers@vdubventures.com
w. www.vdubventures.com

t. 01206 865 741
m. 07767 861 834
Back to top Go down
http://www.vduvventures.com
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 11:42 am

Good news. Enjoy your Kombi even more now then!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 7:46 pm

Driving down to Burwash tomorrow for Neil to fit EPAS on Friday. Can't wait.

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 8:57 pm

Don't want to get into an arguement with anyone regarding the power steering fitted by Niel at Litesteer, all I will say is I have now had it for three months and it has made an incedible difference. As an everday drive our kombi is now much easier to live with. Having spent a great deal of time with Niel I would tust his engineering experience and workmanship above any other VW business I have encountered to date.
Back to top Go down
Matt

Matt

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 9:08 pm

I reckon, just about now, Absinthe is repeatedly driving around a mini roundabout one handed while typing out a report for us with his other hand on his smart phone, with a ridiculus grin on his face

Matt.

steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 2 Img_2014
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 9:29 pm

Matt. How did you guess?

The transformation of Absinthe is unbelievable. Permagrin restored.

The Empi shifter is also great.

Can't wait to drive again tomorrow.

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 9:42 pm

Absinthe wrote:
Matt. How did you guess?

The transformation of Absinthe is unbelievable. Permagrin restored.

The Empi shifter is also great.

Can't wait to drive again tomorrow.

Sounds great. Thrilled for you.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 12:31 pm

I've finally managed to get near a PC to give you an update on the trip to Burwash Common to meet Neil & Gabby from Litesteer.

We stayed in Burwash at the Bear Hotel which was OKish!

steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 2 7808630770_9c2cb5ce76_c

After dropping Absinthe off on Friday morning, Gabby drove us to Stonegate station and we caught the train into Tunbridge Wells. Good advice from the forum pointed us towards The Pantiles where we had breakfast and mooched round the shops for a few hours.

steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 2 7808637400_508fbbd3ea_c

Gabby rang just after 12 to say everything was going to plan and we caught the 2.10pm train back to Stonegate where she picked us up again.

It was a glorious day and we sat in the sunshine with a cup of tea whilst Neil finished off the work and took her out for a test drive.

steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 2 7808676674_993bb13dff_c

steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 2 7808673464_dede44eaa6_c

When I took her out the difference was unbelievable - both from the Litester EPAS and from the Empi shifter. You all know how much fun we've had in the past year from Absinthe but the difference has to be experienced to be believed. I know you're sceptical Peppa but if we ever meet you must have a drive of Absinthe and feel the difference.

steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 2 7808709640_782b8c0ac4_c

steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 2 7808713896_80261fba0e_c

I'll write the blog up when I get a chance but, if you can afford to get Litesteer fitted then I say go for it.

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
neillitesteer

neillitesteer

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 6:49 pm

peppa wrote:
Last year,before Litesteer had any connection with this forum i had a lengthy conversation with Neil (the owner busy earning a living Wink ) about what was involved in fitting his system to the Brazilian kombi either by him or when bought as a kit to be fitted by another company/person.At the time he had just teamed up with VWD as an approved fitting centre and clearly stated to me that the system could only be fitted to RHD converted kombi's that were fitted with a German steering box,as were those that came out of the VWD workshop when converted by Paul Mullinger...The kombi's converted to RHD by Danbury were not suitable for the Litesteer system because of the 'Inferior' quality of the Brazilian steering box used and the conversion process Danbury undertake...

It seems that Neil at Litesteer has now decided that the 'Inferior' quality Brazilian steering box is suitable to be used after all... scratch

This can only be good news for those that have his system fitted,are having it fitted or thinking about having it fitted... pig

Hi Peppa, The discussion we had was correct at the time, when we spoke litesteer had only been fitted to original LHD Brazilian Bays.

The manner of witch the RHD conversion was done may be adequate for manual steering it was not considered "worth the risk" to fit our power steering system to it and end up recalling vans to have the chassis modified.

After obtaining a section of Chassis from VWDU we decided that the lower tube that had been welded to the underside should be boxed in with 2mm steel plate(same as the chassis itself) after we had done that a system was mocked up and tested for rigidity and found to be very strong as it picks up the front cross member.

We still offer German box conversions and still believe that it is a superior component.

Don't think of this a "cashing in" its more like realising the size of the market, adapting the product to enable use of this market and allowing the public to purchace a product that they clearly want!

Simple product development rearly!

Back to top Go down
http://neil@litesteer.com
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 12:43 pm

Latest Blog for anyone who's interested:

C13MPR

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 1:35 pm

FAB Blog Cool

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 2:06 pm

Thanks John - how's yours coming along?

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 2:10 pm

Slow progress - finding time is the main problem at the moment Rolling Eyes

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 4:54 pm

Great blog, good to hear you are pleased with your improvements.

(As a brummie myself, trust me, a lot of our conversations are bizarre, although it could be that I was born in Yorkshire.) Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 4:55 pm

Didn't know you were a Tyke, DL.

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 4:58 pm

Only a teeny bit, left when I was 6 months old.

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional    
Very Happy                           steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 2 Signat11
Back to top Go down
Mick

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 2:21 pm

Could anyone share ball park costs of having Danbury power steering fitted to our bays? The only online ref I have seen quoted £3,500. I know the Lifesteer option is '£1195 plus VAT @20% including fitting'.

Also, is anyone aware of a similar quality PS solution available up north?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Litesteer power steering
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next