brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Awning or tent on its own - debate?

Go down 
+4
Skytiger
Dennis
TimV
EvoFylde
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

Awning or tent on its own - debate? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awning or tent on its own - debate?   Awning or tent on its own - debate? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 10:03 pm

absquatulation wrote:

Another thing to think about is parking up the camper to the awning needs pin point accuracy to get the damn thing in the right

Once the awning is up and attached to the van I put two tent pegs in the ground next to the side of the wheels on the awning side. That way when I come back to the site at the end of the day all I need to do is park up right next to the two pegs again. Never had a problem re-attaching the tunnel

________________________________________________________________________________
Awning or tent on its own - debate? - Page 2 Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

Cabin : Exec 050

PostSubject: Re: Awning or tent on its own - debate?   Awning or tent on its own - debate? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 10:11 pm

kiteman wrote:

Once the awning is up and attached to the van I put two tent pegs in the ground next to the side of the wheels on the awning side. That way when I come back to the site at the end of the day all I need to do is park up right next to the two pegs again. Never had a problem re-attaching the tunnel
I like that tip. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Awning or tent on its own - debate?   Awning or tent on its own - debate? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 10:56 pm

Dennis wrote:
The issue can be when you look out all you see is a hedge !!!!

Brazi Bays generally have side and rear windows as well as a front screen.... Wink

________________________________________________________________________________
www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: Awning or tent on its own - debate?   Awning or tent on its own - debate? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 11:00 pm

kiteman wrote:
absquatulation wrote:

Another thing to think about is parking up the camper to the awning needs pin point accuracy to get the damn thing in the right

Us too. Part of our awning tunnel wraps round the front and rear wheels and is held in place by a peg just behind/in front. These pegs have to be removed as part of the detaching process, so I push them back in next to the wheels as makers, I even leave them in the tunnel loops so that stays put too.

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
Dennis

Cabin : Exec 033

PostSubject: Re: Awning or tent on its own - debate?   Awning or tent on its own - debate? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 2:42 pm

Yes we have windows but how do I sit there looking through the back window I do not have eyes in the back of my head !!!!!
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Awning or tent on its own - debate?   Awning or tent on its own - debate? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 2:45 pm

Dennis wrote:
Yes we have windows but how do I sit there looking through the back window I do not have eyes in the back of my head !!!!!

Rear view mirror?! Wink

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Awning or tent on its own - debate? - Page 2 Melogo11
Back to top Go down
EvoFylde

EvoFylde

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Awning or tent on its own - debate?   Awning or tent on its own - debate? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 5:46 pm

Our awning (Outlaw from campershop.co.uk) has a telescopic 't' bar pole that supports the roof of the tunnel connection and helps any water to run straight off.

Which awning do you have from Outlaw?
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: Awning or tent on its own - debate?   Awning or tent on its own - debate? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 6:27 pm

It's one of these:

Campershop Outlaw Driveaway Awning

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Awning or tent on its own - debate?   Awning or tent on its own - debate? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Awning or tent on its own - debate?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2