brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Putting up awning - having a mare

Go down 
+12
MarcusH
dizzylizard
happycamperhols
Dennis
Skytiger
Scooby
Tallulah
Sunny
AbsintheKombi
kiteman
TimV
EvoFylde
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

Putting up awning - having a mare - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putting up awning - having a mare   Putting up awning - having a mare - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 6:24 pm

happycamperhols wrote:
what do you all recommend as the best awning for use with our Kombis?

We have an Outlaw awning from campershop.co.uk

Outlaw Driveaway Awning

It sleeps 4, is easy to put up/down, can be done by a person on their own (although much easier with 2) and provides lots of space - even when using both sleeping compartments. It also packs down into a small bag weighing just 18kg. Pole & clamp or figure of 8 attachments and the tunnel has its own roof support to aid water runoff so no material sagging puddles.

We have used it ourselves on a number of occasions as well as letting it go out on hire for the last 2 years, and although it is now showing signs of wear, it certainly doesn't owe us anything.

________________________________________________________________________________
www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
happycamperhols

happycamperhols

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Putting up awning - having a mare   Putting up awning - having a mare - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 8:54 am

Oh wow, that sounds good - anything that can be put up by one person is a bonus. I'll have a look at that one! Thanks Tallulah!
Back to top Go down
http://www.happycamperholidays.co.uk
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Putting up awning - having a mare   Putting up awning - having a mare - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 9:15 am

happycamperhols wrote:
Oh wow, that sounds good - anything that can be put up by one person is a bonus. I'll have a look at that one! Thanks Tallulah!

I didn't say it was easy for 1 person, but I have done it. It took me a while the first time but with some care and lateral thinking (temporary pegging) to keep one side still while working the other I got there. Once the poles are attached its plain sailing.

....unless its windy, then its proper sailing!

________________________________________________________________________________
www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Putting up awning - having a mare   Putting up awning - having a mare - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 10:13 am

If it's a 1 person operation then it has to be a Khyam Motordome. Period.

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Putting up awning - having a mare - Page 3 Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

Cabin : Exec 050

PostSubject: Re: Putting up awning - having a mare   Putting up awning - having a mare - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 10:26 am

TimV wrote:
Concur, though would have used the English "full stop" rather than American "period". Wink
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: Putting up awning - having a mare   Putting up awning - having a mare - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 11:43 am

Id' have said 'end of ' which is properer too myself, and is 150% more unique. study Smile
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Putting up awning - having a mare   Putting up awning - having a mare - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 12:45 pm

Maybe you'd have preferred 'nuff said?!'

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Putting up awning - having a mare - Page 3 Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

Cabin : Exec 050

PostSubject: Re: Putting up awning - having a mare   Putting up awning - having a mare - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 12:54 pm

TimV wrote:
Maybe you'd have preferred 'nuff said?!'
Excelsior!

Last edited by Sunny on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MarcusH

MarcusH

Cabin : Exec 031

PostSubject: Re: Putting up awning - having a mare   Putting up awning - having a mare - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 1:12 pm

Le fin

See my french lesson are helping
Back to top Go down
happycamperhols

happycamperhols

PostSubject: Re: Putting up awning - having a mare   Putting up awning - having a mare - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 3:47 pm

you guys!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.happycamperholidays.co.uk
Footsteps

Footsteps

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: Putting up awning - having a mare   Putting up awning - having a mare - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 3:40 pm

I am now absolutely terrified of the 'awning attaching task' after reading this. HAven't even considered the situation with the roof rack. Oh dear... as I embark on our first trip in Stan at Easter. I have bought an Outwell Country Road, with pole and clamp and haven't even thought about how it goes up yet??!! Happy days.

e. campers@vdubventures.com
w. www.vdubventures.com

t. 01206 865 741
m. 07767 861 834
Back to top Go down
http://www.vduvventures.com
EvoFylde

EvoFylde

PostSubject: Re: Putting up awning - having a mare   Putting up awning - having a mare - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 3:43 pm

Find a field and practice!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Footsteps

Footsteps

PostSubject: Re: Putting up awning - having a mare   Putting up awning - having a mare - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 3:54 pm

That's what I plan to do on good friday with my wife and 21 month old son.. (Quiver). Funny thing is. Added to that, the freinds that are borrowing the other van have another awning I haven't even looked at yet as it came unused with the van when we bought it.

Do you do site visits after all your training :0)

w. www.vdubventures.com

t. 01206 865 741
m. 07767 861 834
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Putting up awning - having a mare   Putting up awning - having a mare - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 4:15 pm

We have one of these and it's rather easy to put up, have a look on their website as there is an instruction video which shows you how to do it
Back to top Go down
Footsteps

Footsteps

PostSubject: Re: Putting up awning - having a mare   Putting up awning - having a mare - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 4:21 pm

Quote :
We have one of these and it's rather easy to put up, have a look on their website as there is an instruction video which shows you how to do it

That's good to hear. I was just worried about the length of the pole, etc. after the posts. with the roof rack. See you have roofrack though, so all ok then. Thanks

w. www.vdubventures.com

t. 01206 865 741
m. 07767 861 834
Back to top Go down
jj123vw

jj123vw

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: Putting up awning - having a mare   Putting up awning - having a mare - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 5:26 pm

TimV wrote:

Or the Vango blow up awning with the Danbury / club discount (and no poles to work out!) cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com
belgiumbay

belgiumbay

PostSubject: Re: Putting up awning - having a mare   Putting up awning - having a mare - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 11:11 pm

I have not seen the vango awnings - but as a Walk Group Leader and International Mountain Leader - when time permits

It is no coincidence that vango are a licensed supplier for the Duke of Ed and Internaioal Awards

There are always better made and spec'd tents but vango stuff is excellent for price generally and obviously force ten is still the original classic exped tent

Wonder if they will make a force ten awning - now that would be something
Back to top Go down
Footsteps

Footsteps

PostSubject: Re: Putting up awning - having a mare   Putting up awning - having a mare - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 1:48 pm

now that we've established all is well with my first choice of awning (Outell) We've also got a Royal Traveller Annex for our other van. Is the pole on that one ok (with roofrack) can anyone confirm? Thanks.

w. www.vdubventures.com

t. 01206 865 741
m. 07767 861 834
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Putting up awning - having a mare   Putting up awning - having a mare - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Putting up awning - having a mare
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3