brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Where do you keep the table-leg

Go down 
+5
ianclarke1970
TimV
Tallulah
osg
docmark
9 posters
AuthorMessage
docmark

docmark

Cabin : Exec 022

Where do you keep the table-leg Empty
PostSubject: Where do you keep the table-leg   Where do you keep the table-leg EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 7:12 am

Does anyone else have a problem with keeping the table-leg under the rear seat?
We have a diamond conversion and storage-space is at a premium
I find this frustrating - both to get the leg out when needed - and also that I have little enough storage under there as I have a rear heater that consumes space - that I want!
If I remove the leg it does roll around unless wedged in with the rest of our gear - and the clips can stick into stuff that we put under the seat.
I want to re-site the clips and put the leg elsewhere - but there are only a few places that don't get in the way
Has anyone come up with a solution?
Mark
Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep the table-leg   Where do you keep the table-leg EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 8:43 am

Agree, we often forget that the leg is hidden away when we need the table.
Have considered moving the clips to the outside of the same panel. So wouldn't need to raise the seat/bed to access it.
osg
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep the table-leg   Where do you keep the table-leg EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 9:10 am

Ours is attached to the underside of the rear seat so while it still takes up some space, it is always easily accessible, as is everything else stored under there - outdoor camper stuff such as levelling ramps and chocks, EHU cable, jump leads and a picnic blanket, BBQ fuel etc.

________________________________________________________________________________
www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep the table-leg   Where do you keep the table-leg EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 9:46 am

Have a look at where Danbury decided to locate the table leg for the Celebration model:

Where do you keep the table-leg Danbur10

Photo courtesy Danbury.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Where do you keep the table-leg Melogo11
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep the table-leg   Where do you keep the table-leg EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 10:00 am

If you have the Diamond layout, is it not possible to stick the leg on the lhs of the unit?

Where do you keep the table-leg Docmar10

Ok, so it'll eat into the legroom of the passenger sat far left, but if you judge it right, it would go in-between their feet ... ish. Depends how irritating you find it keeping the pole under the seat I suppose. Personally, I prefer a clean look to the interior - if I can find somewhere to secrete something, so much the better.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep the table-leg   Where do you keep the table-leg EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 10:03 am

Have moved this into Kombi Kreative, as it's kinda to do with re-working bits on your BraziBay, and I don't want it to get lost in General Discussion. Basketball

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
ianclarke1970

ianclarke1970

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep the table-leg   Where do you keep the table-leg EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:34 am

Okay while taking about table legs on a monday morning can you give me some feed back to how stable is the table? with just one leg? I am still looking at a VW and this was one of my questions
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep the table-leg   Where do you keep the table-leg EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 12:12 pm

I find the table very stable. Mine was road tested this weekend with one of the Mother 'n' Law's special fruit cakes. It wobbled slightly but remained steady.
Back to top Go down
ianclarke1970

ianclarke1970

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep the table-leg   Where do you keep the table-leg EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 12:14 pm

Thanks harryhornet more importantly how was the fruit cake?
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep the table-leg   Where do you keep the table-leg EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 12:43 pm

TimV wrote:
If you have the Diamond layout, is it not possible to stick the leg on the lhs of the unit?

Where do you keep the table-leg Docmar10

Ok, so it'll eat into the legroom of the passenger sat far left, but if you judge it right, it would go in-between their feet ... ish. Depends how irritating you find it keeping the pole under the seat I suppose. Personally, I prefer a clean look to the interior - if I can find somewhere to secrete something, so much the better.

Wouldn't the leg also be in the way when in 'bed' mode?

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep the table-leg   Where do you keep the table-leg EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 1:02 pm

harryhornet wrote:
I find the table very stable. Mine was road tested this weekend with one of the Mother 'n' Law's special fruit cakes. It wobbled slightly but remained steady.

Did somebody say cake, fruit cake, yummy Rolling Eyes
We need to know how good these "special fruit cakes" were Laughing
Will there be any at the Sleepover? Wink

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep the table-leg   Where do you keep the table-leg EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 1:05 pm

No Still recovering No
No No No No No No No
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep the table-leg   Where do you keep the table-leg EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 1:06 pm

OK then - doo not worry about bringing any to the Sleepover Laughing

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
osg

osg

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep the table-leg   Where do you keep the table-leg EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 1:18 pm

To answer some of the points above.
There is no extra clearance between the bed and the kitchen unit, so don't mount the leg on end of the unit.
The table is very stable with it's one leg. And with care it can be swivelled to different positions even when set out for a meal.
osg
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep the table-leg   Where do you keep the table-leg EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 2:08 pm

Surely if you're lifting the squab to convert it into a bed that would be the opportune moment to move the leg underneath it? Just thinking about the OP's initial query...

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
osg

osg

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep the table-leg   Where do you keep the table-leg EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 4:19 pm

TimV said
Quote :
Surely if you're lifting the squab to convert it into a bed that would be the opportune moment to move the leg underneath it? Just thinking about the OP's initial query
If fitting the leg to clasps on the side of the kitchen unit then even when the leg was removed the clasps themselves could be an obstruction to lowering/raising the bed.
Might be possible but would need to think carefully about where to site the clasps.
We have extra worktop through a shelf that folds up from the side of the kitchen unit. Even this makes it hard to move the bed back to seating position since the squab will not lift until the seat back is raised from horizontal - quite a stretch.
Also we do use the table even when the bed is down - that's the most frustrating time to extract the forgotten leg.
I do agree with Tim that the usual position of the leg beneath the seat gives the most tidy set-up.
osg
Back to top Go down
Dennis

Cabin : Exec 033

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep the table-leg   Where do you keep the table-leg EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 8:52 pm

I store things inside my table leg, even the wheel brace when clipped under the seat. Tim
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

Cabin : Exec 050

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep the table-leg   Where do you keep the table-leg EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 10:11 pm

I have two table legs, of differing length for the tripod stand, stored with clasps under the seat. Don't really keep much else under there because of the heater.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep the table-leg   Where do you keep the table-leg Empty

Back to top Go down

Where do you keep the table-leg
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: Maintenance/Technical :: Kombi Kreative-
Jump to: