brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

What's on your roof rack?

Go down 
+7
dizzylizard
Gina Tonic
Scooby
dazdub
MarcusH
JLS 62
EJ
11 posters
AuthorMessage
EJ

EJ

Cabin : Economy

rack - What's on your roof rack? Empty
PostSubject: What's on your roof rack?   rack - What's on your roof rack? EmptyMon May 27, 2013 7:55 pm

Hi there!

Just been thinking about roof racks - I have one, but have never used it! Do people actually use them, or is it all about pose value?!

I was just wondering what kind of things people find it good to put up there? There was a thread a while back that talked about weighing down the van up top if you put the awning up there, so that's perhaps not the best (or easiest) thing to put up there.

So, just to give me ideas for my big trip in the summer what do you use your roof rack for, how do you get things up there and pack them?

Thank you in advance folks! All top tips welcome!

EJ
Back to top Go down
JLS 62

JLS 62

Cabin : Club
Location : Leicester - the centre of the world - sorry England

PostSubject: Re: What's on your roof rack?   rack - What's on your roof rack? EmptyMon May 27, 2013 8:36 pm

If it's a long journey, one of the children - no need for straps as they hang on for dear life - also stops any arguing. Hope that helps.

Back to top Go down
MarcusH

MarcusH

Cabin : Exec 031

PostSubject: Re: What's on your roof rack?   rack - What's on your roof rack? EmptyMon May 27, 2013 9:32 pm

Is this the new detention at your school Julian
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: What's on your roof rack?   rack - What's on your roof rack? EmptyTue May 28, 2013 6:37 am

We put folding table and seats on roof rack and strap them down and in Spain we put solar shower on top to rack - What's on your roof rack? 3d053650 and surf gear rack - What's on your roof rack? C347ead9. And a hen house rack - What's on your roof rack? C4c37deb
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: What's on your roof rack?   rack - What's on your roof rack? EmptyTue May 28, 2013 9:12 am

We put our awning up on the roof rack for our trip to Cheddar
Provides more room inside for people!
Roo b Roo
flower

Link: Cheddar

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Gina Tonic

Gina Tonic

Cabin : Exec 020

PostSubject: Re: What's on your roof rack?   rack - What's on your roof rack? EmptyTue May 28, 2013 9:44 am

We have a wheelie bag that fits in there perfectly. Handy on longer trips when space is at a premium.

Loving Dazdub's photos!

Tracey
Back to top Go down
EJ

EJ

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: What's on your roof rack?   rack - What's on your roof rack? EmptyTue May 28, 2013 10:46 am

Loving your photos Dazdub! You are certainly working that roof rack!

I guess, so long as it's strapped down anything can actually go up top on the rack - I'll just give it a go!

Thanks guys :-)
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: What's on your roof rack?   rack - What's on your roof rack? EmptyTue May 28, 2013 12:23 pm

EJ wrote:
I guess, so long as it's strapped down anything can actually go up top on the rack - I'll just give it a go! Thanks guys :-)

Just make sure the roof rack is attached to the vehicle. Very Happy

I found a brand new bath once on the hard shoulder at spaghetti junction, beautifully attached to a roof rack, unfortunately there was no sign of the vehicle. Very Happy Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
docmark

docmark

Cabin : Exec 022

PostSubject: Re: What's on your roof rack?   rack - What's on your roof rack? EmptyWed May 29, 2013 8:57 pm

rack - What's on your roof rack? _mg_6010

Our very soggy awning goes up there. Adds to the flying brick aerodynamics - but we can still get going down a motorway if needed.
Mark
Back to top Go down
EvoFylde

EvoFylde

PostSubject: Re: What's on your roof rack?   rack - What's on your roof rack? EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 9:27 pm

We fit all of our awning and 3 folding chairs on the roof rack. Perfect fit. Saves loads of space inside.
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: What's on your roof rack?   rack - What's on your roof rack? EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 9:15 am

My GoPro was up there for the trip down to the Vendee!

________________________________________________________________________________
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
JLS 62

JLS 62

PostSubject: Re: What's on your roof rack?   rack - What's on your roof rack? EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 9:55 am

On the way back from the Vendee we had the Khyam motordome sleeper tent, two folding chairs and also two children's scooters - all firmly held in pace with wratchet straps (just for you Tim as I remember your comment about bungee straps). Which put lots of weight on the front end and countered the mass of weight we had in the back !!
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

Cabin : Exec 050

PostSubject: Re: What's on your roof rack?   rack - What's on your roof rack? EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 7:04 pm

Why struggle putting stuff up on a roof rack when you can easily put loads of stuff in one of these -

Untitled

In mine, Motordome awning, three self inflating mattresses, four chairs, sleeping bag, table, screen, wheel chocks, flags, two scooters and a kite. Oh, and a bucket and spade (and I had room to spare).
Back to top Go down
JLS 62

JLS 62

PostSubject: Re: What's on your roof rack?   rack - What's on your roof rack? EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 9:22 pm

Possibly breaches health and safety regulations without a bungee or wratchet strap !!

rack - What's on your roof rack? Img_4012
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's on your roof rack?   rack - What's on your roof rack? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's on your roof rack?
Page 1 of 1