brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

A bit of light reading for these damp dark evenings.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

light - A bit of light reading for these damp dark evenings. Empty
PostSubject: A bit of light reading for these damp dark evenings.   light - A bit of light reading for these damp dark evenings. EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 8:50 pm

With a recent post reference tips on winter driving, I have been having a look round the web, and found a site that has a load of good tips on safe driving. It is also full of info on vehicle dynamics and how they behave under different conditions.

I have spoken with the site owner, who is a retired advanced police driver who runs advanced driving courses, and he is more than happy for Brazibay members to access these papers for there own use, but asks that they respect his policy of not publishing the articles openly on the forum, hence the link below.

http://www.ridedrive.co.uk/driving-tips-menu.htm

The articles basically cover the system of car control and vehicle understanding taught to advanced police drivers, so I hope it is of some interest.

If you look at nothing else, have a read of the section on bend assessment and the use of hedge limit/vanishing point, if you haven't come across it before.

When I was first shown it, it was a eureka moment, it really works, I'm sure Irishman would agree.

Happy reading
Back to top Go down
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

light - A bit of light reading for these damp dark evenings. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bit of light reading for these damp dark evenings.   light - A bit of light reading for these damp dark evenings. EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 4:29 pm

Oh yes Dizzy remember it all very well, "the system of car control is a system or drill, each feature of which is considered in sequence, by the driver on the approach to any hazard, " and so on and so on. Still have my class 1 advanced driving certificate from Hendon hanging on the wall!
Back to top Go down

A bit of light reading for these damp dark evenings.
Page 1 of 1