brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
12 years of BraziBay fun!!
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Shoddy Service from VW Heritage?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
chairboy_paul

chairboy_paul

Cabin : Economy

Shoddy Service from VW Heritage? Empty
PostSubject: Shoddy Service from VW Heritage?   Shoddy Service from VW Heritage? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 8:16 pm

anyone else had shoddy service from VW Heritage??
I've had a couple of problems in the last couple of weeks with wrong parts sent through to me.
Alberts conversion window rubbers bizarrely had the wrong size inserts and then the deluxe rubbers for my new chrome Europa Bumpers were delivered wrong, 2 fronts instead of a pair. all sorted now but the promise of the rubbers being delivered the next day never materialized menaing i missed my slot with the fitter putting my project back. I always hear that heritage are the best but feeling a bit like a captive audience at the moment!
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Shoddy Service from VW Heritage?   Shoddy Service from VW Heritage? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 8:42 pm

Mmm I've not had issues with them before - I have had one incorrect part (fuel filter) and that was sent back at no cost to me.

More importantly I like the sound of the Europa Bumpers - I've been thinking of fitting a pair of those to Max. Tell me, how are you getting around the front bumper fitting what with vertical fixings on the deformation panel instead of horizontal?

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Shoddy Service from VW Heritage? Melogo11
Back to top Go down
chairboy_paul

chairboy_paul

PostSubject: Re: Shoddy Service from VW Heritage?   Shoddy Service from VW Heritage? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 10:57 pm

if you take the front bumper off you can see that the deformation panel has both horizontal and vertical holes. The only problem is that the horizontal dont have a nut welded to the back so I will have to use cavity fixing bolts to hold it tight, my local coachworks company are gonna provide some suitable ones for me.

The rear requires a set of late bay bumper ironsor some serious fabrication, they apparently fit the same bolt holes at the back (yet to try it so hopefully wont require too much swearing when the time comes)

Chrome Europas are about 70 quid each and a set of deluxe rubbers about 70quid as well so its a fairly cheap way of chroming up the van! cheaper than a set of stainless or chrome blades from Danbury anyway !

I am not overly sure of the quality mind.. fortunately Albert will be living in the garage so hopefully will keep the rust at bay!
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Shoddy Service from VW Heritage?   Shoddy Service from VW Heritage? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 11:16 pm

Wax the bumpers big-time with a quality wax as it locks down the surface and will hopefully slow down any corrosion. I'm guessing you've bought what's called sunny climate chrome at that price?

Mmm I need to whip Max's front bumper off for a look ..... Idea

________________________________________________________________________________
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
chairboy_paul

chairboy_paul

PostSubject: Re: Shoddy Service from VW Heritage?   Shoddy Service from VW Heritage? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 11:22 pm

I'm sure your deformation panel will be the same, the bumpers are sunny chrome, will se how they go, Alberts not a daily drive so should be fine with a good polish as you say.

you sound as anal as I am with the wax and polish!! in a good way of course, got to keep that rust at bay.......
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Shoddy Service from VW Heritage?   Shoddy Service from VW Heritage? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 11:40 pm

Hehe - you'll never guess what I just bought??!! A professional polishing machine Very Happy

Have wanted one for years and am waiting for the bodyshop I use to give me an old panel to practise on before I head towards Max's paintwork. Needless to say I'll be buffing his paint for Vanfest Cool

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Matt

Matt

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Shoddy Service from VW Heritage?   Shoddy Service from VW Heritage? EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 4:53 pm

Mind how you go with it tim, i have had 2 people in the car buisness tell me that if your not careful you can strip the paint off.

Matt.

Shoddy Service from VW Heritage? Img_2014
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Shoddy Service from VW Heritage?   Shoddy Service from VW Heritage? EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 5:05 pm

Thanks Matt - I promise to be careful. Yikes.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down

Shoddy Service from VW Heritage?
Page 1 of 1