brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
11 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

'vanning in Scandinavia

Go down 
+3
Tallulah
Voyager
Hemlock
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Hemlock

Hemlock

Cabin : Exec 055

'vanning in Scandinavia Empty
PostSubject: 'vanning in Scandinavia   'vanning in Scandinavia EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 8:13 pm

We are planning our "big trip" in Mabel for the summer and are thinking about taking the ferry to Rotterdam, driving to Copenhagen and ferrying up to Oslo for driving around the fjords and such. If anyone can give us any tips on any part of the trip it would be much appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

Cabin : Flight 044

PostSubject: Re: 'vanning in Scandinavia   'vanning in Scandinavia EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 8:35 pm

Sounds great, but a long drive from Rotterdam to Copenhagen. Have you considered Harwich to Esbjerg?
Back to top Go down
Hemlock

Hemlock

PostSubject: Re: 'vanning in Scandinavia   'vanning in Scandinavia EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 8:38 pm

That route is now cancelled unfortunately, as is the Stavanger ferry - the furthest north you can get is Hook/Rotterdam or Amsterdam. Copenhagen is one hard day or two moderate day's drive, as long as we have bacon, croissants and plonk we will be fine!
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: 'vanning in Scandinavia   'vanning in Scandinavia EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 1:22 pm

Sounds great!

________________________________________________________________________________
www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
RayC

RayC

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: 'vanning in Scandinavia   'vanning in Scandinavia EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 1:56 pm

I think you can go Newcastle to Bergen in Denmark http://www.aferry.co.uk/newcastle-bergen-ferry.htm

not sure if its helpful to you!

I was looking at driving to Ivalo in finland in a few weeks time, its actually faster to use Eurotunnel and head up that way according to autoroute planner but we were in T5 not T2 but changed my mind will fly its a bit too far for a road trip and then work the other side!
Back to top Go down
http://treadltd@gmail.com
Voyager

Voyager

PostSubject: Re: 'vanning in Scandinavia   'vanning in Scandinavia EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 3:28 pm

The Newcastle to Bergen route has now finished, but Norwegian Seaways are attempting to re-start it, probably won't happen this year though. Kombi Kaper 2016?
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: 'vanning in Scandinavia   'vanning in Scandinavia EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 3:34 pm

Ooh, yes please. That's a trip I'd love to do.

________________________________________________________________________________
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
Voyager

Voyager

PostSubject: Re: 'vanning in Scandinavia   'vanning in Scandinavia EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 3:57 pm

Regina Line are also supposed to be starting a new service from Harwich to Esbjerg from Easter. It looks to me as if that is still subject to confirmation.
Back to top Go down
Hemlock

Hemlock

PostSubject: Re: 'vanning in Scandinavia   'vanning in Scandinavia EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 6:29 pm

Top tip thank you alderley!
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: 'vanning in Scandinavia   'vanning in Scandinavia EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 6:55 pm

@AbsintheKombi wrote:
Ooh, yes please. That's a trip I'd love to do.

Scandinavia is beautiful, the thought of driving through it in Tallulah is VERY appealing.

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Hemlock

Hemlock

PostSubject: Re: 'vanning in Scandinavia   'vanning in Scandinavia EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 7:10 pm

I have looked at Regina Line (reginaline.dk) and their webpage at the moment says to email them if you like the route so that their investors know! There is no booking facility, although prices they are quoting look reasonable. As Alderley said, it appears that they may operate in future, but it doesnt seem very certain at the moment! The upside is that going the long way round I will get to spend more time driving Mabel Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rebeldog

PostSubject: Re: 'vanning in Scandinavia   'vanning in Scandinavia EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 8:02 pm

We were in Norway in September, and always had that niggle that it would be a great place to drive the camper, rather than the organised trip we were on. Friends took a big motorhome there and found the roads a struggle, but the VW feels ideal. A long way from Bridgend; would need a few weeks I guess. Our view of Norway was: a lovely place to visit with amazing scenery, friendly people, some strange foods and as most people say, on the expensive side.
Really does sound like the trip of a lifetime. I was going to ask if anyone had taken their van to Norway.
Back to top Go down
Hemlock

Hemlock

PostSubject: Re: 'vanning in Scandinavia   'vanning in Scandinavia EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 8:32 pm

We hired a camper in Iceland last summer en route to New York and Canada. A fantastic experience (happy campers rentals, just fab!) and gave us a real taste of Nordic 'vanning. All holidays from here on in will I suspect feature glaciers, 24 hour sunlight and herring in all its forms! We will report back on our journey when (if!) we get back!
Back to top Go down
Rebeldog

PostSubject: Re: 'vanning in Scandinavia   'vanning in Scandinavia EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 8:15 pm

Did someone say herring! Also sheeps rolled in cabbage with coffee was recommended by a guide. (In Norway the plural of sheep seems to be sheeps).
Back to top Go down
gordonmac

gordonmac

Cabin : Exec 029

PostSubject: Re: 'vanning in Scandinavia   'vanning in Scandinavia EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 8:12 am

Its now saying on Reginaline website that Harwick to Eskberg starts sailing in the summer. I wish there was something to Norway though!
Back to top Go down
Hemlock

Hemlock

PostSubject: Re: 'vanning in Scandinavia   'vanning in Scandinavia EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 8:53 am

I looked at that but there doesn't seem to be any way to book, and I gather they have promised this service before and it has come to nothing. Hope they do actually launch it though!
Back to top Go down

'vanning in Scandinavia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: Out and About in your Brazilian Bus :: Great Bay Trips-
Jump to: