brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Login issue affecting some members with BT IP addresses

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

Login issue affecting some members with BT IP addresses Empty
PostSubject: Login issue affecting some members with BT IP addresses   Login issue affecting some members with BT IP addresses EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 9:41 pm

I'm aware that a couple of members have been unable to login recently. As they attempt to do so, a 'suspicious activity' window opens and despite filling in the necessary fields, that's about as far as they can get.

I've investigated and the common factor is BT. An explanation as to why this is happening can be found in the following text I've copied from the Forumotion Admin site:

 Why This is occurring:
once or twice a year we get an update of a black list and some Email addresses, Ip addresses common usernames are on that list. when added to our systems it will then ban them names ip's or Emails
We also have a Ip addresses blocker on our system that will pick up any member that has a lot of IP addresses and if it changes lots of times in a day / week / month it then Flags up on our servers and will keep a eye on that account and if it keeps going on it will ban the IP address.
This is called a Blacklist we then go in and remove you / your members from that list.

We apologize for the any delay and the inconvenience caused to you and your members.

I have asked that the 2 members who have told me of this issue, be removed from this blacklist asap.

If anyone else is having problems please contact me via tim@brazilianvwbay.com - thanks.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Login issue affecting some members with BT IP addresses Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Login issue affecting some members with BT IP addresses   Login issue affecting some members with BT IP addresses EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 10:25 am

Email sent Tim

Hope you can help to resolve the problem

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Login issue affecting some members with BT IP addresses   Login issue affecting some members with BT IP addresses EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 11:13 am

There's a BT blacklist and I'm not on it? Phew....

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Login issue affecting some members with BT IP addresses   Login issue affecting some members with BT IP addresses EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 1:31 pm

Hope it gets fixed soon.
Not being able to post pics is soooooo frustrating.

Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Login issue affecting some members with BT IP addresses   Login issue affecting some members with BT IP addresses EmptyThu Aug 18, 2016 11:25 am

Thanks TimV for what ever has been done
Scooby can now post pics cheers

Login issue affecting some members with BT IP addresses Scooby36

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Login issue affecting some members with BT IP addresses   Login issue affecting some members with BT IP addresses EmptyThu Aug 18, 2016 2:02 pm

Good news. Anyone else still having login issues? Please email me tim@brazilianvwbay.com Very Happy

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Login issue affecting some members with BT IP addresses Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Dennis

Cabin : Exec 033

PostSubject: Re: Login issue affecting some members with BT IP addresses   Login issue affecting some members with BT IP addresses EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 9:31 pm

Hi Tim all working fine. Thanks Tim
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Login issue affecting some members with BT IP addresses   Login issue affecting some members with BT IP addresses Empty

Back to top Go down

Login issue affecting some members with BT IP addresses
Page 1 of 1