brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

New South african Brasilia/fleetline on the drive

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
leeophonic

leeophonic

Cabin : Club

New South african Brasilia/fleetline on the drive Empty
PostSubject: New South african Brasilia/fleetline on the drive   New South african Brasilia/fleetline on the drive EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 11:26 pm

I am new to the forum and returning to VW,s after a 30 year Hiatus, my 1st car was a GP Buggy & everything associated with that scene in the late 70,s early 80,s.

So in May I spontaneously locate a VW after visiting a VW show (Dubs in the park), I always like to shop local and decide upon an unusual Type 2 in south Africa!!! I had seen earlier at the Dubs VW show a rust free example of a RHD drive import from South Africa so decide in for a penny etc. Unfortunately it has taken four months from initial Gumtree locating to actually having the desired item arrive, a stressful saga to say the least but it has all come good in the end, as I am now the proud owner of a T2c/Brasilia/Fleetline, mine is a 76 but with the early split rear end (corner windows, small square windows, a double door and the interesting rear doors. A bit of a mish mash, I forgot to mention the bay front, so just really letting you know that there is another van starting to take over someones life ( I am already mulling over where to go with it, interior etc...) And have spent today dropping the oil, replacing the plugs, rear light lens & rubbers and scratching of the head wondering what have I got into now.
Looking ahead I will need to replace the battery tray & the metal shelf over the engine has suffered over the years and could do with replacing also, a genuine low mileage mostly rust free van to keep me busy over the coming months.
By the way I am in Camberley Surrey if there are good contacts to be had, I have been to just Kampers today & as I suspected the van would challenge any stockist with at least one part they did not have (petrol cap!!!)
When I work out how to upload some photos I will let the saga begin...
Lee
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: New South african Brasilia/fleetline on the drive   New South african Brasilia/fleetline on the drive EmptyThu Sep 22, 2016 3:17 am

Good to have you with us Lee. Welcome to the funhouse!!

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

New South african Brasilia/fleetline on the drive Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: New South african Brasilia/fleetline on the drive   New South african Brasilia/fleetline on the drive EmptyThu Sep 22, 2016 3:15 pm

Looking forward to the photos already Smile

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
leeophonic

leeophonic

PostSubject: Re: New South african Brasilia/fleetline on the drive   New South african Brasilia/fleetline on the drive EmptyMon Aug 26, 2019 6:48 pm

I am still working on the bus as time money and energy persists, I will organise some images soon, I recently drove a bay for my Nephews wedding and it has reignited the fire, it was supposed to be mobile this year, realistically next year. Lee

New South african Brasilia/fleetline on the drive P1050921
New South african Brasilia/fleetline on the drive P1050922
Back to top Go down
leeophonic

leeophonic

PostSubject: Re: New South african Brasilia/fleetline on the drive   New South african Brasilia/fleetline on the drive EmptyWed Jul 08, 2020 2:15 pm

Has anyone clocked/worked on a speedo??? my Fleetline has one in KM's and I have sourced a replacement in miles, I would like to convert the milage to reflect what it has actually done in KM's once I do the calculation, is it easy or leave well alone???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New South african Brasilia/fleetline on the drive   New South african Brasilia/fleetline on the drive Empty

Back to top Go down

New South african Brasilia/fleetline on the drive
Page 1 of 1