www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
10 years of BraziBay fun!!
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

New South african Brasilia/fleetline on the drive

Go down 
AuthorMessage
leeophonic

leeophonic

Cabin : Economy

New South african Brasilia/fleetline on the drive Empty
PostSubject: New South african Brasilia/fleetline on the drive   New South african Brasilia/fleetline on the drive EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 11:26 pm

I am new to the forum and returning to VW,s after a 30 year Hiatus, my 1st car was a GP Buggy & everything associated with that scene in the late 70,s early 80,s.

So in May I spontaneously locate a VW after visiting a VW show (Dubs in the park), I always like to shop local and decide upon an unusual Type 2 in south Africa!!! I had seen earlier at the Dubs VW show a rust free example of a RHD drive import from South Africa so decide in for a penny etc. Unfortunately it has taken four months from initial Gumtree locating to actually having the desired item arrive, a stressful saga to say the least but it has all come good in the end, as I am now the proud owner of a T2c/Brasilia/Fleetline, mine is a 76 but with the early split rear end (corner windows, small square windows, a double door and the interesting rear doors. A bit of a mish mash, I forgot to mention the bay front, so just really letting you know that there is another van starting to take over someones life ( I am already mulling over where to go with it, interior etc...) And have spent today dropping the oil, replacing the plugs, rear light lens & rubbers and scratching of the head wondering what have I got into now.
Looking ahead I will need to replace the battery tray & the metal shelf over the engine has suffered over the years and could do with replacing also, a genuine low mileage mostly rust free van to keep me busy over the coming months.
By the way I am in Camberley Surrey if there are good contacts to be had, I have been to just Kampers today & as I suspected the van would challenge any stockist with at least one part they did not have (petrol cap!!!)
When I work out how to upload some photos I will let the saga begin...
Lee
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: New South african Brasilia/fleetline on the drive   New South african Brasilia/fleetline on the drive EmptyThu Sep 22, 2016 3:17 am

Good to have you with us Lee. Welcome to the funhouse!!

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer and Tango - the Fizzy Kombi Wink
@brazilianvwbay

New South african Brasilia/fleetline on the drive Melogo11
Back to top Go down
http://www.vwbusforhire.co.uk
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: New South african Brasilia/fleetline on the drive   New South african Brasilia/fleetline on the drive EmptyThu Sep 22, 2016 3:15 pm

Looking forward to the photos already Smile

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
leeophonic

leeophonic

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: New South african Brasilia/fleetline on the drive   New South african Brasilia/fleetline on the drive EmptyMon Aug 26, 2019 6:48 pm

I am still working on the bus as time money and energy persists, I will organise some images soon, I recently drove a bay for my Nephews wedding and it has reignited the fire, it was supposed to be mobile this year, realistically next year. Lee
Back to top Go down

New South african Brasilia/fleetline on the drive
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: NewBays-
Jump to: