brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

water leak around windscreen wiper spindle outlet

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
docmark

docmark

Cabin : Exec 022

water - water leak around windscreen wiper spindle outlet Empty
PostSubject: water leak around windscreen wiper spindle outlet   water - water leak around windscreen wiper spindle outlet EmptyWed May 31, 2017 10:26 am

Hi
Driving in rain recently I had water dripping down under the drivers dash - I had previously had to seal the windscreen because of a leak but have now found that the wiper spindle on the drivers side seems fused into its casing and the whole thing turns in the rubber grommet that passes through the body-work - and water comes in in heavy rain
Has anyone else had this happen - and how easy is it to replace the spindle with its housing?
Mark
Back to top Go down
Dennis

Cabin : Exec 033

PostSubject: Re: water leak around windscreen wiper spindle outlet   water - water leak around windscreen wiper spindle outlet EmptyWed May 31, 2017 11:07 am

Hi Doc have had this happening since purchased van in 2010. Tim
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

Cabin : Exec 049

PostSubject: Re: water leak around windscreen wiper spindle outlet   water - water leak around windscreen wiper spindle outlet EmptyWed May 31, 2017 12:05 pm

docmark wrote:
Hi
Driving in rain recently I had water dripping down under the drivers dash - I had previously had to seal the windscreen because of a leak but have now found that the wiper spindle on the drivers side seems fused into its casing and the whole thing turns in the rubber grommet that passes through the body-work - and water comes in in heavy rain
Has anyone else had this happen - and how easy is it to replace the spindle with its housing?
Mark

Hi Mark,

I had to replace the spindle recently, when the spindle sheared and the passenger side wiper wouldn't work. I bought a new one from Just Kampers and fitted it on-site at Brand Autos. Ours was the passenger side, but I'd say it was fairly straightforward (as long as you don't drop the washers down the gap between the outer and inner skins - which I did!)

The spindle clips into place and it's just a bit fiddly from then on!

P.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: water leak around windscreen wiper spindle outlet   water - water leak around windscreen wiper spindle outlet EmptyWed May 31, 2017 9:42 pm

Subject: Re: water leak around windscreen wiper spindle outlet   Today at 11:07 am 

+

----

-

Hi Doc have had this happening since purchased van in 2010. Tim
Same here..lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: water leak around windscreen wiper spindle outlet   water - water leak around windscreen wiper spindle outlet EmptyWed May 31, 2017 9:43 pm

Only ours since 2007 !
Back to top Go down
dougie watchorn

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: water leak around windscreen wiper spindle outlet   water - water leak around windscreen wiper spindle outlet EmptyWed Aug 16, 2017 11:11 pm

My spindles leak too,and my windscreen and my pop top on the front hold down catches!!!!!! mines more like a leaky boat than a bay!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: water leak around windscreen wiper spindle outlet   water - water leak around windscreen wiper spindle outlet Empty

Back to top Go down

water leak around windscreen wiper spindle outlet
Page 1 of 1