brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

The Canadian says Hello

Go down 
+2
harryhornet
The Canadian
6 posters
AuthorMessage
The Canadian

The Canadian

Cabin : Club

The Canadian says Hello Empty
PostSubject: The Canadian says Hello   The Canadian says Hello EmptySat Nov 03, 2018 6:52 pm

Hey everyone, I was recommended to this site by a guy from thesamba.com

I'm a Canadian currently living in Sao Paulo who has just successfully exported and then imported 2 Brazilian buses.

I hope to contribute and learn more, here's a picture of my buses from when they first arrived in Canada just a few days ago. The first is a 1991 and the second a 2003.

The Canadian says Hello As1WBMG

Here's a link to my thread over at thesamba for anyone who may be interested.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=703916

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: The Canadian says Hello   The Canadian says Hello EmptySat Nov 03, 2018 7:43 pm

Hi Canadian.
Welcome to the home of the Brazibays.
I really enjoyed reading your thread on the samba.com and particularly liked the Mad Max bus with the viewing hole in the door. Dogs would love that!
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: The Canadian says Hello   The Canadian says Hello EmptySun Nov 04, 2018 5:26 pm

Hi and Welcome to THE site for Brazi Bays
Plenty of info on here

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: The Canadian says Hello   The Canadian says Hello EmptySun Nov 04, 2018 7:00 pm

Good effort. When you say successfully imported to Canada, does that mean they now have Canadian registrations and documentation?

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

The Canadian says Hello Melogo11
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: The Canadian says Hello   The Canadian says Hello EmptyMon Nov 05, 2018 7:15 am

Hi & welcome:)
Back to top Go down
naskeet

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: The Canadian says Hello   The Canadian says Hello EmptyWed Nov 07, 2018 4:41 pm

The Canadian wrote:
Hey everyone, I was recommended to this site by a guy from thesamba.com

I'm a Canadian currently living in Sao Paulo who has just successfully exported and then imported 2 Brazilian buses.

I hope to contribute and learn more, here's a picture of my buses from when they first arrived in Canada just a few days ago. The first is a 1991 and the second a 2003.

The Canadian says Hello As1WBMG

Here's a link to my thread over at thesamba for anyone who may be interested.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=703916

Cheers!

I see you decided to follow my recommendation.

There are probably more of these Brazilian built, 1997~2015, "bay-window" VW Type 2s in Great Britain, than there are in the whole of Canada, USA and Europe combined!

If you do a search of British VW campervan hire (i.e. rental) companies, you will find quite a few that use campervans based upon these vehicles. There is even one on Canvey Island (small island in the River Thames estuary, about 50 km east of London) where I live.

One of these hired campervans also appeared, driven by Ellie Harrison, on an edition of the BBC Countryfile TV programme, on the Isle of Wight. It's probable that it was hired from the local campervan hire company on the Isle of Wight, which I know have a few of these vehicles.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04p238g

Regards.

Nigel A. Skeet

Onetime member, technical editor & magazine editor of the Volkswagen Type 2 Owners' Club
Back to top Go down
The Canadian

The Canadian

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: The Canadian says Hello   The Canadian says Hello EmptyFri Nov 16, 2018 4:14 pm

Hey Everyone, thanks for the warm welcome. I have not been able to register these two buses yet, but I will update this thread when I have some good news on that front.

naskeet wrote:

I see you decided to follow my recommendation.

There are probably more of these Brazilian built, 1997~2015, "bay-window" VW Type 2s in Great Britain, than there are in the whole of Canada, USA and Europe combined!

If you do a search of British VW campervan hire (i.e. rental) companies, you will find quite a few that use campervans based upon these vehicles. There is even one on Canvey Island (small island in the River Thames estuary, about 50 km east of London) where I live.

One of these hired campervans also appeared, driven by Ellie Harrison, on an edition of the BBC Countryfile TV programme, on the Isle of Wight. It's probable that it was hired from the local campervan hire company on the Isle of Wight, which I know have a few of these vehicles.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04p238g

Thanks again for the info Nigel. And yes, there are an astounding number of these buses in Britain, I will have to hire one next time I am over there!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Canadian says Hello   The Canadian says Hello Empty

Back to top Go down

The Canadian says Hello
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: NewBays-
Jump to: