www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
10 years of BraziBay fun!!
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

What did you do to your VW today?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
PeteH

PeteH

Cabin : Exec 079

What did you do to your VW today? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2019 9:57 am

Cheers Scooby, I'll let you know how I get on.

Looks like you had a great trip to the New Forest on the weekend.

As there is zero wind here today I'm about to re-do the gas strut ends on the pop-top.

________________________________________________________________________________
Pete and Sue.
Back to top Go down
PeteH

PeteH

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2019 2:37 pm

OK so I've managed to do the front pair of struts. It was bit of a struggle but now the ends are replaced I think they should work a whole lot easier. Most of the struggle was me being arthritic and not being as strong as I used to be. Compressing the strut to get it to fit on the ball joint without trapping my fingers behind the strut was a challenging manoeuvre.

________________________________________________________________________________
Pete and Sue.
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2019 7:45 pm

Shifted some timber. 1, 2, 3.

One load of waterlogged OSB board to the tip, two loads of fire wood to a friend and three loads of partly rotten former log cabin logs to our very own nature reserve to build an insect hotel/wildlife habitat.

Here’s a pick of the last load about to be unloaded.

What did you do to your VW today? - Page 5 C680f510

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com                                                      www.vdubcamperhire.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove                                                      Twitter: @tallulah_vw
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Facebook: facebook.com/vdubcamperhire
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Bumble

Bumble

Cabin : Exec 049

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2019 11:22 pm

Fitted the microphone, so my phone can be hands-free in Bumble.

(not sure why I didn't do this a couple of years ago when I fitted the DAB radio. scratch

P.
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2019 5:44 pm

Refitted the solar panel leads, after Bumble having a service and MOT.

P.
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 23, 2019 7:06 pm

Treated Scooby to a Meguiar's Wash this afternoon - his coat doo shine Cool

This was the "proper job" required after last weekend in the wind, sand and salt!

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
PeteH

PeteH

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 24, 2019 8:09 pm

Another trip to the tip. This time with a load of plastic flower pots to off-load. The new mirror worked really well and I didn't hit the big green skip when I reversed. The rear view camera is pretty good, but does distort the verticals so judging distance still takes a bit of getting used to.

Pete and Sue.
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 30, 2019 5:33 pm

Treated Scooby this afternoon to a Meguiar's Wash, then a Mer Polish and then a Meguiar's Wax - his coat doo shine Cool

Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 30, 2019 5:40 pm

Moved to Summer Time.
Maybe the last time?
osg
Back to top Go down
Purple

Purple

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2019 9:58 am

@sparkysteve wrote:
Removed all the camping equipment and cushions.

Ready to remove all the interior for the welding to commence.

Hello Steve - what part(s) of the van are needing welding?

I had work done to the offside panel and inner arch behind the battery tray a few years ago, but no damage to the tray itself, so wondering if this is a common weak point?
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2019 10:38 am

Max helped me move a TimberWolf around the site to clear some branches. What did you do to your VW today? - Page 5 Img_1210

Tallulah helped move the last few old beams and logs from the renovated log cabin that will be used to build a bug hotel/animal habitat (pic to follow)

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com                                                      www.vdubcamperhire.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove                                                      Twitter: @tallulah_vw
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Facebook: facebook.com/vdubcamperhire
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
sparkysteve

sparkysteve

Cabin : Exec 035

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2019 3:39 pm

@Purple wrote:

Hello Steve - what part(s) of the van are needing welding?

I had work done to the offside panel and inner arch behind the battery tray a few years ago, but no damage to the tray itself, so wondering if this is a common weak point?

Every part of the lower 3-6 inches is a week point on bus!

Sliding door outer sill and also the rear wheel arch on the same side.

What did you do to your VW today? - Page 5 Logo_s11

Visit my T2c Blog at http://t2bay.blogspot.co.uk/
Back to top Go down
http://www.t2bay.blogspot.co.uk
Hemlock

Hemlock

Cabin : Exec 055

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2019 5:51 pm

Roof rack is off, repainted and has had its first coat of varnish this evening. :-)
Back to top Go down
Ronnie Ringding

Ronnie Ringding

Cabin : Exec 082

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 13, 2019 6:58 pm

Engine Service done.
New air, oil and petrol filter, spark plugs, oil and rocker cover gaskets..
Tappets set last week and checked today.
Cylinder Compressions tested. No. 2 looking low (all 150 PSI except that one 105 PSI Shocked )
Have to keep an eye on that Suspect

I am an Engineer. I will fix this!
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevianlodge.co.uk
Bumble

Bumble

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 14, 2019 10:37 am

Stripped off the solar panels, ready for replacements (which have already arrived). I have tested the new panels by sitting them on the roof and the whole system works perfectly. cheers

It's a bit disappointing that the existing solar panels needed to be replaced after less than one year (i.e. still in the warranty period). But the new panels come from a different manufacturer and are better than the existing panels.

Pictures to follow.

P.
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2019 8:12 am

What went wrong with the old panels Paul?
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2019 8:18 pm

@harryhornet wrote:
What went wrong with the old panels Paul?

Well, one stopped working (for some reason) - no charge coming from it - and the process of demonstrating this to the supplier meant that both had to be removed and replaced (under warranty, I should add).

What did you do to your VW today? - Page 5 20190410

Replacement panels arrived quickly and I have been removing the old Sikaflex which was holding the panels in place.  I was recommended DeBond marine Formula polyurethane Sikaflex remover, which is really good at breaking down the old Sikaflex, so it can be scraped off with a plastic implement (I'm using an old scrubbing brush!) Marks on the roof are the dirt lines, not anything worse!

What did you do to your VW today? - Page 5 20190411

Once I have completed removing all the Sikaflex and given the roof a good wash and polish, I can look to fit the new panels.

P.
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2019 7:31 pm

Treated Scooby this morning to a Meguiar's Wash - his coat doo shine Cool

Raised the pop top and cleaned out the gutters - then washed, polished and waxed them!

Back to top Go down
PeteH

PeteH

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 21, 2019 6:38 pm

Completed 'rust-proofing' (undersealing) both sill seam edges under the sliding door and the main panel on the near side and also tidied up the panels inside the engine air intake grills.

Also completed fitting the new back box onto the bike rack. This is to make it easier loading stuff into the van (awnings etc.) rather than lift them onto the roof rack (which I now struggle to do).

Tidied up stone chips and gutter edges with a touch-up kit.

Made a small modification to the rear view camera mirror I fitted a few weeks ago. The weight of the new mirror was causing the original mirror to slowly sag and look downwards. Sue came up with the idea of a prop at the back of the mirror. A spare sat-nav windscreen mount was found in the spares drawer and positioned behind the mirror and with a bit of adjustment the mirror sag has been banished.

To celebrate completing the jobs list we took a trip out on Friday to the Bathhurst Arms (North Cerney) for lunch. Fabulous food in a traditional pub.

It's been a busy few days.

Pete and Sue.
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 21, 2019 7:48 pm

Fitted a new set of curtains ready for the summer!

What did you do to your VW today? - Page 5 84f12b10
What did you do to your VW today? - Page 5 A8b0dc10
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2019 4:06 pm

Fab looking curtains Cool

Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2019 4:07 pm

Treated Scooby to a well deserved wash this morning after our trip yesterday to Bournemouth beach Cool

Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2019 4:09 pm

Like the stripes Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2019 4:12 pm

Came home after a lovely weekend away Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes
What did you do to your VW today? - Page 5 Img_2025
Back to top Go down
Surfwagen Stan

Surfwagen Stan

Cabin : Exec 047

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2019 5:20 pm

The Surfwagen got 4 new tyres fitted ready for the late spring and summer adventures
Back to top Go down

What did you do to your VW today?
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: