brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

National Trust membership discounts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bumble

Bumble

Cabin : Exec 049

National Trust membership discounts Empty
PostSubject: National Trust membership discounts   National Trust membership discounts EmptyFri May 15, 2020 12:56 pm

Hi all,

as you know NT membership is a good thing and useful as it also includes free parking at their sites.

Even for those of us not blessed with living in Scotland Laughing , it is possible to take out National Trust Scotland membership - also Bermuda, NZ, Malta for reciprocal arrangements at a reduced fee (regardless of where you're living!), although there are questions about whether or not this includes the free parking in English, Welsh and NI premises.

Although not advertised on the NT site (or at renewal), the membership fee for 60 or overs is reduced and it is only the age of the lead person that matters (and that you have to have been a member for five of the past ten years).

So options are (for two adults):-

NT £126/yr
NTS £108/yr

For two adults where at least one is 60 or over:-

NT £90/yr - you have to ask for the discount, or you'll be charged the full adult price
NTS £84/yr - this is on their website

Anybody found ways of beating those prices?

P.
Back to top Go down
Feliz

Feliz

Cabin : Exec 026

PostSubject: Re: National Trust membership discounts   National Trust membership discounts EmptySat May 16, 2020 1:53 pm

Will check that out . One of us turned sixty last month(yes it was the Haggered looking one of us).
Anyway discovered yesterday I didn’t need to pay for my prescription either . So there are some benefits when getting old and grumpy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

Cabin : Flight 044

PostSubject: Re: National Trust membership discounts   National Trust membership discounts EmptySun May 17, 2020 2:19 pm

Blimey, I'm 7 years discount out of pocket. Thanks for the tip! You can also get discount cinema tickets from age 55 at Odeon and 60 at Cineworld. Use Meerkat Movies and it's also 2 for 1 on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

Cabin : Exec 049

PostSubject: Re: National Trust membership discounts   National Trust membership discounts EmptySun May 17, 2020 4:46 pm

Voyager wrote:
Blimey, I'm 7 years discount out of pocket. Thanks for the tip! You can also get discount cinema tickets from age 55 at Odeon and 60 at Cineworld. Use Meerkat Movies and it's also 2 for 1 on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Gonna be an interesting call with the NT on renewal then, Alan? bounce

I think it's a bit sneaky of the NT not to publicise it on their website more (as NTS does); I have seen it was on previous years membership renewal letters, but who reads those? (and it didn't affect us then)

I knew about the Odeon (Monica has used that, but not me .... yet); last film I saw when it came out was Skyfall (before that it was probably The return of the Jedi affraid I don't go that often!)

P.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: National Trust membership discounts   National Trust membership discounts Empty

Back to top Go down

National Trust membership discounts
Page 1 of 1