brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Reverse camera and monitor

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nettiecooeee

Cabin : Economy

Reverse camera and monitor Empty
PostSubject: Reverse camera and monitor   Reverse camera and monitor EmptyWed Oct 14, 2020 1:56 pm

What is the best reverse camera and monitor? Should it be wired in or wireless? Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm looking for good quality vision on both camera and monitor and discreetly placed so it doesn't look too out of place..
Back to top Go down
Bob

Bob

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Reverse camera and monitor   Reverse camera and monitor EmptyWed Oct 14, 2020 2:19 pm

I fitted one in a number plate surround and wired it to the reversing light to come on when reverse is selected . It wirelessly connects to the monitor at the front removing the need to run video link wires up the van.
The monitor sits on my dash and I wired the power in through a switch. When I select reverse I switch the monitor on to see reverse view. I ran the monitor feed wires in above the headlining near the courtesy light .
Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: Reverse camera and monitor   Reverse camera and monitor EmptyWed Oct 14, 2020 2:25 pm

Rather than the reverse light switch ours is wired to the side-lights. So we can have a view to the rear at any time we choose.
osg
Back to top Go down
Nettiecooeee

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: Reverse camera and monitor   Reverse camera and monitor EmptyWed Oct 14, 2020 2:36 pm

This is interesting, 2 different styles. So with the wireless one have you ever had a problem with signal?

Also what make, models did you both buy and was it some where like Halfords or Ebay?
Back to top Go down
Bob

Bob

PostSubject: Re: Reverse camera and monitor   Reverse camera and monitor EmptyWed Oct 14, 2020 5:49 pm

I bought mine on eBay , not sure of make. Image is usually very good even at night. never had a problem with wireless.
Like the idea of wiring it in to side lights as you can see what's following you.
Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: Reverse camera and monitor   Reverse camera and monitor EmptyWed Oct 14, 2020 6:52 pm

Ours is WiFi and struggles to maintain a good and steady picture - so nothing to recommend, sorry.
Be careful not to overhang the rear number plate - can be a source of complaint at MOT.
osg
Back to top Go down
Bob

Bob

PostSubject: Re: Reverse camera and monitor   Reverse camera and monitor EmptyWed Oct 14, 2020 7:28 pm

This is similar to what I have from ebay

170° Wireless Car Rear View Reversing Camera License Number Plate Night Vision
And
NEW Car Rear View Camera Parking Night Vision Reversing Camera Kit 7 Monitor UK
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: Reverse camera and monitor   Reverse camera and monitor EmptyFri Oct 16, 2020 10:14 am

If you search 'reversing camera', you'll find a post that I added pictures of our camera and set up to our stereo. Had it for a few years now and not had any issues. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reverse camera and monitor   Reverse camera and monitor Empty

Back to top Go down

Reverse camera and monitor
Page 1 of 1