brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
11 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

rescued food truck - appreciate any help!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
achadwic

achadwic

Cabin : Club

rescued food truck - appreciate any help! Empty
PostSubject: rescued food truck - appreciate any help!   rescued food truck - appreciate any help! EmptySun May 30, 2021 3:14 pm

Hello all - great to join the group. I've just rescued a 2013 Brazilian bay from a past life as a food truck in Dubai - selling ice creams I believe. The fun now begins! Fitting the new starter today to hopefully get the engine running which only has 22k KM's so i'm hopeful. Ordered a space roof so fully committed to the build. Needs all new interior panels, roof lining etc and then fully kitting out inside. Excited and nervous as of today till she's running! Any advice appreciated to point me in the right direction! My wife tells me she will be L519 Bahama Blue under LB9A Candy White. The rest is down to me! Hope to meet many of you on the road one day as she will be heading to the UK eventually. UK home is Pembrokeshire. Thanks for any tips, trick, guidance and contacts for all the stuff we need to get her rolling and habitable!

Bumble likes this post

Back to top Go down
Dennis

Cabin : Exec 033

PostSubject: Re: rescued food truck - appreciate any help!   rescued food truck - appreciate any help! EmptySun May 30, 2021 6:05 pm

Where in Pembrokeshire. Tim
Back to top Go down
achadwic

achadwic

PostSubject: Re: rescued food truck - appreciate any help!   rescued food truck - appreciate any help! EmptyMon May 31, 2021 6:25 am

We'll see you there some time soon Tim. We're in Saundersfoot - travel restrictions allowing!
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

Cabin : Flight 044

PostSubject: Re: rescued food truck - appreciate any help!   rescued food truck - appreciate any help! EmptyMon May 31, 2021 8:47 am

Check out dazdub's thread "Ice cream van to camper"! Daz is also in Wales, at Fairbourne near Barmouth.
Back to top Go down
achadwic

achadwic

PostSubject: Re: rescued food truck - appreciate any help!   rescued food truck - appreciate any help! EmptyMon May 31, 2021 10:02 am

Thanks - uncanny how similar our vans are - must be ice cream van standard issue.
Back to top Go down
achadwic

achadwic

PostSubject: Re: rescued food truck - appreciate any help!   rescued food truck - appreciate any help! EmptyMon May 31, 2021 10:06 am

rescued food truck - appreciate any help! Van_op10
rescued food truck - appreciate any help! Van_op11
rescued food truck - appreciate any help! Van_op12

Bumble likes this post

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: rescued food truck - appreciate any help!   rescued food truck - appreciate any help! EmptyMon May 31, 2021 9:49 pm

If you’re bringing this KOMBI to the UK it will need an IVA test to gain registration. You’re aware of that yes?

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

rescued food truck - appreciate any help! Melogo11
Back to top Go down
achadwic

achadwic

PostSubject: Re: rescued food truck - appreciate any help!   rescued food truck - appreciate any help! EmptyTue Jun 01, 2021 4:32 am

Thanks Tim. Yes I'm aware though i've never done it before. There is a test centre in Cardiff. I believe i need side indicators and a rear fog lamp to comply. Slightly unsure what happens regarding the lack of rear seat belts with the rock and Roller Bed. I'm intending to add as least 1 belt in the back so we can carry 4 persons. 3 up front which all have belts in the current cab.
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: rescued food truck - appreciate any help!   rescued food truck - appreciate any help! EmptyTue Jun 01, 2021 7:41 am

Hi and welcome very similar to what I did to my wife’s bay good luck with converting to camper Smile

achadwic likes this post

Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

Cabin : Flight 044

PostSubject: Re: rescued food truck - appreciate any help!   rescued food truck - appreciate any help! EmptyTue Jun 01, 2021 7:51 am

Most of us have got 2 point lap belts in the back, which I imagine are quite easy to install. Some have installed 3 point belts, but I imagine that is dependent on what furniture you have.

achadwic likes this post

Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: rescued food truck - appreciate any help!   rescued food truck - appreciate any help! EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 8:37 am

Hi and Welcome to the Forum

All the best with your Kombi

Doo try to post lots of pics as you progress

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
simonhavers

PostSubject: Re: rescued food truck - appreciate any help!   rescued food truck - appreciate any help! EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 5:36 pm

Fun project. Have you worked out how you are going to strengthen the side above the serving hatch? I have a Brazilian bay and when the space roof was fitted, the side beams above the windows were reinforced. But you don't seem to have any side beam left to reinforce as it looks like it has been completely chopped out to make the serving hatch, which rather compromises the structural integrity.
Back to top Go down
twinklep

twinklep

PostSubject: Re: rescued food truck - appreciate any help!   rescued food truck - appreciate any help! EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 6:08 pm

Love the paintwork as it is - given me ideas to customise mine Smile

Last edited by twinklep on Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
twinklep

twinklep

PostSubject: Re: rescued food truck - appreciate any help!   rescued food truck - appreciate any help! EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 6:09 pm

MadMatz did my bus conversion and linings - really beautiful -

Space roofs in Exeter did the double bed in the roof - excellent too
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: rescued food truck - appreciate any help!   rescued food truck - appreciate any help! EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 7:39 pm

Hi and welcome!
Love a project Very Happy We converted our empty bus to a camper, all on Stripping Time thread. Good luck with yours, exciting times ahead Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KombiKate

KombiKate

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: rescued food truck - appreciate any help!   rescued food truck - appreciate any help! EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 10:25 pm

Sounds like you’ve got a fun project on your hands! What a great opportunity to get the bus just how you want it. Daphne is Bahama blue, it’s a gorgeous colour, reminds me Italian sports cars from the ‘50s for some reason.
Back to top Go down

rescued food truck - appreciate any help!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: NewBays-
Jump to: