brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

What size leisure battery and why

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Vman

Cabin : Club

battery - What size leisure battery and why  Empty
PostSubject: What size leisure battery and why    battery - What size leisure battery and why  EmptyMon Mar 07, 2022 2:12 pm

Hi all what size leasure battery would you recommend for a 1.6 Air cooled ...I have plenty of space as my one is currently fitted on the left hand side of engine bay...I was tempted to put a big 110 in... but then thought maybe our engines would struggle to charge it...is a 85 or a 90 a safer bet ...or could I get away with a big one its using the heater a night that I want extra power for thanks
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: What size leisure battery and why    battery - What size leisure battery and why  EmptyThu Mar 10, 2022 9:18 pm

We have a 110 that sits under rear seat. Charges no bother with a split charger.
Back to top Go down
Vman

PostSubject: Re: What size leisure battery and why    battery - What size leisure battery and why  EmptySun Mar 13, 2022 11:07 am

Thanks
Back to top Go down
simonnat

simonnat

PostSubject: Re: What size leisure battery and why    battery - What size leisure battery and why  EmptyTue Mar 29, 2022 5:02 pm

Hi All
i want to get the biggest leisure battery possible. There was a company a few people recommended and cannot find it. Who it it? Thanks Simon
Back to top Go down
Vman

PostSubject: Re: What size leisure battery and why    battery - What size leisure battery and why  EmptyWed Mar 30, 2022 1:13 am

Right I bought a belter from halfords agm class a...of grid battery 95ah...fits perfect its £155 but 10 percent of on line at moment..I looked for ages yhis is the best uou will get I think

simonnat likes this post

Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

Cabin : Exec 049

PostSubject: Re: What size leisure battery and why    battery - What size leisure battery and why  EmptyThu Mar 31, 2022 5:01 pm

simonnat wrote:
Hi All
i want to get the biggest leisure battery possible.  There was a company a few people recommended and cannot find it.  Who it it?  Thanks Simon

Tayna.

P.
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

PostSubject: Re: What size leisure battery and why    battery - What size leisure battery and why  EmptyThu Mar 31, 2022 5:04 pm

We have a had a ?115mAh battery with Bumble from the start and intend to replace it (as it's on its way out) with a similar size, or larger. Being powered by our solar panels means we should be able to last longer.

Three years ago we camped off-grid for a week and still in was working (mind you, it was bright and sunny most days sunny )

P.
Back to top Go down
simonnat

simonnat

PostSubject: Re: What size leisure battery and why    battery - What size leisure battery and why  EmptyThu May 19, 2022 9:13 am

OK
Apologies. I have looked everywhere and are now very confused to what battery to get for leisure. Max space I have is 290Wx250Dx220H. Which battery shall I get? If anyone has the time please send a link as I cannot find one. I want the most powerful
Thanks
Simon
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

PostSubject: Re: What size leisure battery and why    battery - What size leisure battery and why  EmptyThu May 19, 2022 10:25 am

simonnat wrote:
OK
Apologies. I have looked everywhere and are now very confused to what battery to get for leisure. Max space I have is 290Wx250Dx220H. Which battery shall I get?  If anyone has the time please send a link as I cannot find one. I want the most powerful
Thanks
Simon

Hi Simon,

so I have just replaced Bumble's leisure battery and (once again) bought the largest I could get into the space. I have gone for an Enduroline EXV 115L (115mAh) from Tayna.

Although Bumble is aircooled and also has the leisure battery in the engine compartment, it's also tight for space (and getting it in and out - requiring the air filter to be dismantled!)

I was torn between two batteries - Numax and Enduroline - so phoned Tayna to ask their advice. They recommended the Enduroline, which also has a four year warranty compared with the Numax three years.

I also got a 'returning customer discount', which was unexpected!

https://www.tayna.co.uk/leisure-batteries/

With the 290 length, it looks like you may be restricted to 78/80 Ah, but have a look on their website and see what's possible. For the following, I just filtered on length:-

https://www.tayna.co.uk/leisure-batteries/enduroline/?ordering=&A-1=278

https://www.tayna.co.uk/leisure-batteries/numax/?ordering=&A-1=266

Alternatively, give them a call 01745 823399, they're very helpful!

P.

simonnat likes this post

Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

PostSubject: Re: What size leisure battery and why    battery - What size leisure battery and why  EmptyThu May 19, 2022 10:32 am

Bumble wrote:
We have a had a ?115mAh battery with Bumble from the start and intend to replace it (as it's on its way out) with a similar size, or larger.  Being powered by our solar panels means we should be able to last longer.

Three years ago we camped off-grid for a week and still in was working (mind you, it was bright and sunny most days sunny )

P.

Paul Brand fitted the original in March 2015; we have just replaced it in May 2022; it outlasted its four year warranty! cheers

P.

simonnat likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What size leisure battery and why    battery - What size leisure battery and why  Empty

Back to top Go down

What size leisure battery and why
Page 1 of 1