brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Using OBD for dashboard display?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jane&Jamie

Jane&Jamie

Cabin : Club

Using OBD for dashboard display? Empty
PostSubject: Using OBD for dashboard display?   Using OBD for dashboard display? EmptyMon May 23, 2022 3:47 pm

Does anyone have experience linking an OBD plug (bluetooth or hardwired) to a dashboard display (either resembling gauges or as a 'head up' display)? It seems a simple way of having live information on things like oil and water temperature; volts and amps. If fault code deciphering were included that would be a bonus, but not our main interest. I assume plugged-ins (as opposed to bluetooth to phone) are USB powered, and that an auto-cut-off is essential so that it it does not drain the battery. All and any insights and intelligence welcome!

Bandyrooks likes this post

Back to top Go down
Dennis

Cabin : Exec 033

PostSubject: Re: Using OBD for dashboard display?   Using OBD for dashboard display? EmptyMon May 23, 2022 5:53 pm

I use dash command app and a blue tooth obd, but do not leave plugged in when not using as the 12v supply to the obd is a permanent supply.
Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: Using OBD for dashboard display?   Using OBD for dashboard display? EmptyMon May 23, 2022 6:35 pm

Perhaps this past topic will be of interest
OBD uses
osg

TimV likes this post

Back to top Go down
daveb101

daveb101

PostSubject: Re: Using OBD for dashboard display?   Using OBD for dashboard display? EmptyFri May 27, 2022 8:48 am

Interestingly on my van a water cooled bay. If it's plugged in before starting the van the immobilizer is permanently activated until the odb device is removed. I assume this is an anti theft protection.
Back to top Go down
Dennis

Cabin : Exec 033

PostSubject: Re: Using OBD for dashboard display?   Using OBD for dashboard display? EmptyFri May 27, 2022 10:27 am

Does not happen on mine i can leave it plugged in but the power red light on front of obd on all time
Back to top Go down
Bandyrooks

Bandyrooks

PostSubject: Re: Using OBD for dashboard display?   Using OBD for dashboard display? EmptyFri May 27, 2022 2:15 pm

I'm going to follow this, as I'm interested in getting more info from the engine - the dashboard on Juniper is very lacking in information!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Using OBD for dashboard display?   Using OBD for dashboard display? Empty

Back to top Go down

Using OBD for dashboard display?
Page 1 of 1