brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

I stuck up for us in a royal way: naturally!

Go down 
+5
Baydreamer
jj123vw
Matt
osg
TimV
9 posters
AuthorMessage
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

I stuck up for us in a royal way: naturally! Empty
PostSubject: I stuck up for us in a royal way: naturally!   I stuck up for us in a royal way: naturally! EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 8:01 pm

I follow the VW Campervan Blog and today a post came through which I felt compelled to Royally respond to. king

The VW Campervan Blog

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

I stuck up for us in a royal way: naturally! Melogo11
Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: I stuck up for us in a royal way: naturally!   I stuck up for us in a royal way: naturally! EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 8:33 pm

Well done Tim
Having read through both Part 1 and Part 2 of Ben's story I can see there was a need for you to bring in some balance. You make some fair points about the relative merits of the current Brazilian Bay and it's likely future.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: I stuck up for us in a royal way: naturally!   I stuck up for us in a royal way: naturally! EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 8:57 pm

Thanks H Smile

________________________________________________________________________________
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Matt

Matt

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: I stuck up for us in a royal way: naturally!   I stuck up for us in a royal way: naturally! EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 10:08 am

Nicely said Tim

Matt.

I stuck up for us in a royal way: naturally! Img_2014
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I stuck up for us in a royal way: naturally!   I stuck up for us in a royal way: naturally! EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:47 pm

totally agree with mat, just enjoy the van !!!!!!!!!! ,lifes too short
Back to top Go down
jj123vw

jj123vw

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: I stuck up for us in a royal way: naturally!   I stuck up for us in a royal way: naturally! EmptyTue May 03, 2011 9:49 am

Well done Tim! A nice balanced reply.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com
Baydreamer

Baydreamer

PostSubject: Re: I stuck up for us in a royal way: naturally!   I stuck up for us in a royal way: naturally! EmptyTue May 03, 2011 8:26 pm

i was reading a copy of camper and bus recently and the tone of the report knocked the brazilian and suggested everyone would move towards a german version. Its just a shame even those who should give a balanced view dont appreciate the effect it can have on us brazzie owners who have to defend our position for no reason at all. We all love vw dubs old or new and its a matter of choice and cost. Thats what makes this a great site as we all seem to appreciate all models for what they are.
There ive had my moan for the day!!
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: I stuck up for us in a royal way: naturally!   I stuck up for us in a royal way: naturally! EmptyTue May 03, 2011 8:54 pm

I picked up a copy of VW Camper and Commercial this week and I have to say it was a breath of fresh air in comparison to Camper & Bus. C&B is just like reading a copy of Volksworld. Same old same old people 'in the trade' getting mentions - they all look after each other and the articles just go round and round. I'm glad I cancelled my sub. The show is excellent. The mag is a different matter.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

PostSubject: Re: I stuck up for us in a royal way: naturally!   I stuck up for us in a royal way: naturally! EmptyWed May 04, 2011 9:38 pm

Have to agree Tim, I only occasionally buy C & B, but it always seems to be the same old stuff!
There's a gap in the market out there fella, fancy starting a new mag?.......
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: I stuck up for us in a royal way: naturally!   I stuck up for us in a royal way: naturally! EmptyWed May 04, 2011 9:58 pm

irishman wrote:
There's a gap in the market out there fella, fancy starting a new mag?.......

Lol - I think you're reading it right now aren't you?! It's an interactive mag that readers can write in!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
poddy

poddy

PostSubject: Re: I stuck up for us in a royal way: naturally!   I stuck up for us in a royal way: naturally! EmptyWed May 04, 2011 11:47 pm

well done Tim, can never understand prejudice of brazilian bays, surely VW Type 2's they are all the same, whatever the year! Was there this prejudice back in the 60's.70's 80's with vans made all over the world? Danbury and other new sellers of our vans should be commended with importing and keeping the VW Type 2 alive and kicking in europe, as VW didn't want to. Long live the type 2

cheers
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: I stuck up for us in a royal way: naturally!   I stuck up for us in a royal way: naturally! EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:06 pm

Quote :
can never understand prejudice of brazilian bays, surely VW Type 2's they are all the same, whatever the year

It's not just VWs, it was the same when we were on the Mini scene, which then became the 'classic mini' scene, rover vs austin, etc etc. Literally all hell broke lose when the New MINI arrived!

Our philosophy is the same now as it was then, 'It's our car (bus) and we love it!'

Wink
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: I stuck up for us in a royal way: naturally!   I stuck up for us in a royal way: naturally! EmptyMon May 09, 2011 10:05 pm

Belgiumbay just responded superbly to the thread over on the VW Campervan Blog. Ticked all my boxes - thanks mate.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: I stuck up for us in a royal way: naturally!   I stuck up for us in a royal way: naturally! EmptyTue May 10, 2011 12:14 pm

Many good points Belgiumbay
Well done Cool

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I stuck up for us in a royal way: naturally!   I stuck up for us in a royal way: naturally! Empty

Back to top Go down

I stuck up for us in a royal way: naturally!
Page 1 of 1