brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Torsion arm split pin bolts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Douglas

Cabin : Club

Torsion arm split pin bolts  Empty
PostSubject: Torsion arm split pin bolts    Torsion arm split pin bolts  EmptyTue Apr 16, 2024 9:13 pm

Hi all just in the process of putting my front beam back on and need some help need to replace the torsion split pin bolts and would appreciate if anyone knows where I can source them have looked on the internet and can’t find them anywhere 😕any help would be appreciated thanks all
Back to top Go down
Favguy

Favguy

PostSubject: Re: Torsion arm split pin bolts    Torsion arm split pin bolts  EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 11:36 am

Douglas wrote:
Hi all just in the process of putting my front beam back on and need some help need to replace the torsion split pin bolts and would appreciate if anyone knows where I can source them have looked on the internet and can’t find them anywhere 😕any help would be appreciated thanks all

Never heard of what you're describing. Do you mean the pinch bolts that lock the link pins in place?

If you can show us which parts you mean on the diagram below, it would help.

Torsion arm split pin bolts  30840010
Back to top Go down
Douglas

PostSubject: Re: Torsion arm split pin bolts    Torsion arm split pin bolts  EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 12:22 pm

7 8 9 10 11 this makes up the bolt washers and split pin 👍
Back to top Go down
Favguy

Favguy

PostSubject: Re: Torsion arm split pin bolts    Torsion arm split pin bolts  EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 12:33 pm

Douglas wrote:
7 8 9 10 11 this makes up the bolt washers and split pin 👍

Yes, so link pin pinch bolts, nuts, & washers. These are just standard high tensile nuts and bolts readily available. You'll find it easier to just use nylock nuts as castle nuts and bolts with the split pin hole aren't used so much now.

Lots of VW classic parts suppliers have them, just search on type 2 link pin pinch bolt. They usually come up as a split screen bus part, which is correct as Brazilian front suspension is effectively the same as '64 on, split screen bus.

Schofields are cheapest for the right bolts:

https://www.alanhschofield.com/ourparts/prod_7811660-Link-pin-Pinch-Bolt-Steering-Damper-Bolt-M10x50-N104511.html

Nylock nuts and washers will be available at any good hardware store or on ebay, make sure to buy high tensile nuts!

You never replied to your other front beam post, so what did you end up doing in the end?
Back to top Go down
Douglas

PostSubject: Front beam    Torsion arm split pin bolts  EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 pm

We took the beam out and has been sent off to be drilled out and taped out to 10mm for the  new set of adjusters to be fitted. Just ordering things I will need for the rebuild thanks for your help I really appreciate it 👍
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Torsion arm split pin bolts    Torsion arm split pin bolts  Empty

Back to top Go down

Torsion arm split pin bolts
Page 1 of 1