www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Please complete your profile details?!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
Next club meet: KOMBI Kaper 2017!
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!
Become a site supporter - join the Executive Club!

Share | 

New Bay depreciation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
stephenjedward

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: New Bay depreciation   Tue May 17, 2011 7:54 pm

Hi all, seriously considering laying out for a new/pre-loved bay. done some homework at danbury and VW downunder and it looks like I would have to spend 35k to get the spec i want - yikes :-()...

it would make me feel much more comfortable knowing that this is also an investment and the van would not depreciate too much! any views - how much would a new 35k van be worth after 3 years in top condition ?

cheers
Steve

Back to top Go down
kiteman

Cabin : Flight 002

PostSubject: Re: New Bay depreciation   Tue May 17, 2011 8:30 pm

Have a little look at the brazzie bay classifieds section, will give you an idea on the price of second hand models.

Also consider how much you would loose if you brought a brand new £35k car and sold it in 3 years.

________________________________________________________________________________

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: New Bay depreciation   Tue May 17, 2011 8:32 pm

Hey Steve - welcome!

The image of the BraziBay is decidedly on the way UP thanks to a lot of folk on here and its growing support base within the VW industry. This is undoubtedly going to have an effect on values.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportzKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
http://www.brazilianvwbay.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: New Bay depreciation   Wed May 18, 2011 1:23 pm

@stephenjedward wrote:
Hi all, seriously considering laying out for a new/pre-loved bay. done some homework at danbury and VW downunder and it looks like I would have to spend 35k to get the spec i want - yikes :-()...

it would make me feel much more comfortable knowing that this is also an investment and the van would not depreciate too much! any views - how much would a new 35k van be worth after 3 years in top condition ?

cheers
Steve

Hi Steve,
welcome along!

We bought our 06 bus a year old for 22k.The chap had bought it new for a ridiculous 35k.
Maybe he was happy to sell it at that price as he wanted a quick sale and we tipped up with the cash. He originally wanted 25k for it but as I said, a wad of cash and he was more than happy after an hours chat to sell it.

With a few second hand ones around and people wanting a quick sale, I reckon that this approach would get you a good deal. Some good ones around and I've noticed that the ones on ebay seem to be initially advertised quite high then the price drops or the best offer button creeps in.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Den
Back to top Go down
Ianvwk

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: New Bay depreciation   Wed May 18, 2011 2:47 pm

HI Steve,

Have a look at VWKampers.com we build the Brazilian campers brand new, massive specs for around the £30k mark....!!!

One we just built was fully loaded, all interior panels upholstered, lowered, alloys, pop top for £30k...

All with 2 years warranty and 12 months free servicing and no on the road charges!

Ian

VW Kampers Ltd

www.braziliankampers.co.uk
Back to top Go down
http://Www.vwkampers.com
stephenjedward

PostSubject: Re: New Bay depreciation   Wed May 18, 2011 7:24 pm

thks for the comments so far will have a good look
Back to top Go down
pastymaster

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: New Bay depreciation   Wed May 18, 2011 8:05 pm

Welcome to the forum Steve. Very Happy

If you have any questions just fire away. Everyone is nice and friendly Very Happy

pastymaster

Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/pastymaster

PostSubject: Re: New Bay depreciation   Wed May 18, 2011 9:32 pm

Hi Steve,

We bought "peppa" last june and use her everyday as our main vehicle.She is a feb 2007 Danbury rio with the classic interior.She had 19000kms on the clock and came with fuch alloys,roof rack,awning,buddy seat,heated front screen,ipod stereo,bike rack,poptop,alarm/immob as well as the standard equipment on a rio.We paid £23000 for her and that was a bargain,right place ,right time.The first owner paid £34995.

Do your homework and buy your bus for the right reason...

Paul

Last edited by peppa on Thu May 19, 2011 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
stephenjedward

PostSubject: Re: New Bay depreciation   Thu May 19, 2011 9:05 am

@pastymaster wrote:
Welcome to the forum Steve. Very Happy

If you have any questions just fire away. Everyone is nice and friendly Very Happy

thks the reason I favour the newer brazilian is the *perceived* better realiability. although having looked around a fully restored 70's van is also looking appealing price wise....

what views on mechanical relaibility - fully restored (e.g VWKampers) vs new brazilan build/??

thks
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: New Bay depreciation   Thu May 19, 2011 11:22 am

This is my view:

1. A new Kombi is a fresh body, new mechanics, new electrics - all installed at the Volkswagen factory. A restored Classic - albeit done to an excellent standard - is a 30+ year old body with mechanics and electrics installed by the restorer. So you're comparing major manufacturer with restorer. In my mind, the Classic is less of a Volkswagen for this reason, it doesn't mean the restorer hasn't done a good job. Originality always sits best with me.

2. A 2 litre Classic will keep up with a Kombi on the motorway, but will run out of fuel way before. 20mpg v 40mpg. The Kombi has a cat so is better for the environment.

3. All decent Classics will be left hand drive having come from abroad. A Kombi can be bought new with a right hand drive conversion.

4. The extra cabin height of the Kombi is a great advantage over the Classic when it comes to living within the vehicle.

5. Because the Kombi has a diagnostic plug, faults can be pinpointed quicker which leads to less time 'down' and less expenditure by the owner.

6. Buying a Kombi gives you the opportunity to be the first owner - something which I reckon you can't put a price on. How many owners would a Classic have had over the years? Again low ownership is something I personally like.

Max SportzKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
http://www.brazilianvwbay.forumotion.com

New Bay depreciation
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: NewBays-
Jump to: