brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Not a Brazibay or is it...?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
eddy

eddy

Cabin : Exec 014

Not a Brazibay or is it...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a Brazibay or is it...?   Not a Brazibay or is it...? EmptyWed May 18, 2011 7:44 pm

it has my blue westfalia check upholstery as well! ..spooky!
Back to top Go down
Andy

Cabin : Club

Not a Brazibay or is it...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a Brazibay or is it...?   Not a Brazibay or is it...? EmptyWed May 18, 2011 10:55 pm

These were made in Brazil, but were for the Mexican market... they had an old 1800 Mk2 Golf engine.

I would love to try and get one of these and do an engine swap for a newer 1.9TDi lump.

I dont actually think that person knows what they have got... as dont think they even start making them till the early 90's (will find exact year on computer at work tomorrow), is no way in hell thats a 1974

You werent allowed to import them to North America... especially California due to super tight emissions laws... so people went south of the border with some number plates and vin plates off an older dead bay, and stuck them on Mexican ones, and drove them home.

Would love to get the VIN and find out what van it goes back to, dont think it will be that one!
Back to top Go down

Not a Brazibay or is it...?
Page 1 of 1