brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

The orchard - Isle of Wight

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dilly

Dilly

Cabin : Club

The orchard - Isle of Wight Empty
PostSubject: The orchard - Isle of Wight   The orchard - Isle of Wight EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 9:34 pm

All,

Went to the isle of Wight last week to stay at the orchard camp site. Had a major disaster and had to abort the day we arrived but would recommend the site to any one the facilities were of the highest quality we have used at any camp site and the owners and staff were super friendly. Also have to commend red funnel ferries for helping us out of a fix. We booked through tonsure as a package thought price was very reasonable. Off to Weymouth tomorrow for the second half of our two weeks fingers crossed for a week with less drama!!
Back to top Go down
JLS 62

JLS 62

Location : Leicester - the centre of the world - sorry England

PostSubject: Re: The orchard - Isle of Wight   The orchard - Isle of Wight EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 10:03 pm

Sounds dramatic - what happened ??

Hope it wasn't too serious.
Back to top Go down
Dilly

Dilly

PostSubject: Re: The orchard - Isle of Wight   The orchard - Isle of Wight EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 10:21 pm

We set off in the rain intending to stay in our tent! Packed the van to edges along with baby and puppy lab. All was going well until pitching the tent. The rain was lashing it down but due to having no room in the van the tent must go up. After an hour a huge gust of wind blew the tent off the ground ripping it and sending it over a hedge. Meaning we had nowhere to stay. We tried to get a b&b but due to festival had no luck at all. So we called it quits and came home. But spirits were not dampened we will try again tomorrow with our new awning! Lesson learned don't take too much you can't stay in the van.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: The orchard - Isle of Wight   The orchard - Isle of Wight EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 3:24 pm

I think we've all had a trip like that at one time or another. Mine was years ago on a trip to Widemouth Bay, where after a very long slog down my tent was systematically destroyed by the wind and rain. I slept (badly) in my Golf and drove home at first light.

Maybe a trailer would be useful to you, for carrying the stuff that filled up your BraziBay?

Halfords - Erde Trailer

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

The orchard - Isle of Wight Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Dilly

Dilly

PostSubject: Re: The orchard - Isle of Wight   The orchard - Isle of Wight EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 10:37 pm

Cheers Tim at least it not just us. Have a nearly new trailer of the erde varity but if I'm honest don't like towing ( and dint like tow bars on the camper). Had a much better week this week with our new awning in Weymouth. Site was great with some fantastic views. Report and pics to follow.

Dilly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The orchard - Isle of Wight   The orchard - Isle of Wight Empty

Back to top Go down

The orchard - Isle of Wight
Page 1 of 1