brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

New VW Beetle - First Drive

Go down 
+6
Dilly
stan
Matt
jj123vw
pastymaster
Scooby
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

New VW Beetle - First Drive Empty
PostSubject: New VW Beetle - First Drive   New VW Beetle - First Drive EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 5:34 pm

The new Beetle undergoes its first test drive - what do you think?

http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/20072011/36/volkswagen-beetle-0.html

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
pastymaster

pastymaster

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: New VW Beetle - First Drive   New VW Beetle - First Drive EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 9:52 pm

It doesn't look right to me, but its probably a grower. I don't think the rear lights suit it at all.

No doubt that they will sell well though.

________________________________________________________________________________

pastymaster

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pastymaster
jj123vw

jj123vw

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: New VW Beetle - First Drive   New VW Beetle - First Drive EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 11:01 am

I like it.....A bit more 'beefy' Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com
Matt

Matt

PostSubject: Re: New VW Beetle - First Drive   New VW Beetle - First Drive EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 11:42 am

Not liking the lower profile, it has flattened the bonet and makes the back curve to tightly. Saying that i didn't like the 'old' new beetle when it first came out but it has grown on me.

Matt.

New VW Beetle - First Drive Img_2014
Back to top Go down
stan

stan

PostSubject: Re: New VW Beetle - First Drive   New VW Beetle - First Drive EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 7:59 am

Its better than the outgoing model but I feel VW lost its direction a bit. I just wish they would stop trying to make all their range look like the Scirocco I mean that front bumper, even on the latest T5 they spoilt the front with the corporate Scirocco inspired lights etc! From some angles you can almost see a Chrylser Crossfire type shape creaping in. The interior although looks nice really needs some colour. How much longer can VW stick with those dull greys. They need some creams in there and splashs of colour to make the interior look bigger.
But they will sell. I wonder when the softtop version will be out?

Regards

Stan
Back to top Go down
jj123vw

jj123vw

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: New VW Beetle - First Drive   New VW Beetle - First Drive EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 8:31 am

Its meant to drive lovely........Lots of improvements over the old New Beetle model
Back to top Go down
http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: New VW Beetle - First Drive   New VW Beetle - First Drive EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 9:19 am

We also think it has a bit of the Chrysler Crossfire profile going on
Will probably grow on you - and we agree that its better than the current "New Beetle"

Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: New VW Beetle - First Drive   New VW Beetle - First Drive EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 1:25 pm

Think they are trying to make it more masculine Peppa, to appeal to the wider male audience
Not everyone can make "Man Pink" work for them lol!

Back to top Go down
Dilly

Dilly

PostSubject: Re: New VW Beetle - First Drive   New VW Beetle - First Drive EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 5:55 pm

If I'm honest I like but have to not think of it as a beetle. I feel they have gone too far with retro. The first new mini was cool (so much so I owned 2) the beetle cool. The sciriocco cool (had one of those as well) but feel all the models of mini and now the new new beetle are just going too far and going away from what made the car popular in the first place. I like all the new variants but find it hard to see them with the badge of a classic. I'm sure though it will be very popular though

Dilly
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: New VW Beetle - First Drive   New VW Beetle - First Drive EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 7:07 pm

I agree with you stan it has got the Scirocco bumper.
Back to top Go down
Dilly

Dilly

PostSubject: Re: New VW Beetle - First Drive   New VW Beetle - First Drive EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 8:01 pm

I like it too but just can't see it as a beetle. Would not swop my bus for anything

Dilly
Back to top Go down
stan

stan

PostSubject: Re: New VW Beetle - First Drive   New VW Beetle - First Drive EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 9:16 pm

I remember when the beetle concept was first rumoured, it wa supposed to be a genuine peoples care cheap to buy and run, then they realised it would pee on their own shoes , they already had the Lupo then so they went for the golf
Platform which is bigger and of course they can charge more. Well from that point and the fact they stopped aircooled beetle production switched me off. So no real peoples car and an expensive stylised beetle like shape. Shame really. If they went back to their real roots they would have old aircooled heads like me queuing at the door. Rear engined, ok maybe not aircooled but surely the tech is there now to make aircooled
Viable again? Well anyway just a bit disapointes they missed a chance here.

Regards

Stan
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: New VW Beetle - First Drive   New VW Beetle - First Drive EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 9:21 pm

peppa wrote:
I agree the with you on the mini issue - the first phase up to 2004

Ahem! 2006 actually peppameister. 'Austin' my Cooper S is a 55 plate 1st Gen (Rover designed) New MINI. The earliest of the 2nd Gen (BMW designed) started on 56 plates.

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

New VW Beetle - First Drive Melogo11
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: New VW Beetle - First Drive   New VW Beetle - First Drive EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 9:48 pm

They did change the rear light cluster config, shape of the louvres on the grille and the look of the xenon headlamps. But these were an update rather than a redesign. Very much like the 2010 upgrades on our beloved Kombis. But we digress!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: New VW Beetle - First Drive   New VW Beetle - First Drive EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 10:03 pm

TimV wrote:
They did change the rear light cluster config, shape of the louvres on the grille and the look of the xenon headlamps. But these were an update rather than a redesign. Very much like the 2010 upgrades on our beloved Kombis. But we digress!

Dont forget the combined rear fog/reversing light, new bonnet. I think thats it however, their customer care service is the best I have ever received and I have had many many new cars in my time. When I collected the car there was an noisy engine problem, after a couple of investigations they decided to change out the engine, during all of this they gave me a brand new car to use at no cost. It still persisted and after the head of engineering from the factory met with me they offered me my cash back and some...or replace the car and add on several extras. Having had the experience of the MINI it was a no brainer. I now have a replacement Brand New Cooper with lots of extras and some cash back but the main thing was the attention to detail in understanding customer care which has led to MINI BMW not losing a customer. It would be good to see some of this within all of the industry.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: New VW Beetle - First Drive   New VW Beetle - First Drive EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 10:11 pm

We were talking about the 1st Gen MINI not the 2nd Gen which had the changes to bonnet, lights, rear windows etc.

Yes the MINI Customer Care is exemplary, but it is backed by a major prestige manufacturer. You seem to have a lot of problems with 'new' vehicles olive. Maybe you should buy second hand and let someone else sort out the 'new car' teething problems!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: New VW Beetle - First Drive   New VW Beetle - First Drive EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 10:26 pm

TimV wrote:
We were talking about the 1st Gen MINI not the 2nd Gen which had the changes to bonnet, lights, rear windows etc.

Yes the MINI Customer Care is exemplary, but it is backed by a major prestige manufacturer. You seem to have a lot of problems with 'new' vehicles olive. Maybe you should buy second hand and let someone else sort out the 'new car' teething problems!

'You seem to have a lot of problems with 'new' vehicles olive'

Not really Tim, this was a serious mechanical problem which was resolved very quickly, yes they are a prestige manufacturer but this customer care service should apply to all consumer products no matter how small or large the supplier. If a supplier is prepared to take the publics hard earned cash then their after care must be paramount. No matter what.

If your refferring to the manufacturing date of Olive, thats completley different in this case. The MINI dealer picked up the phone Danbury didnt.

As for second hand thats not for me, its all about choice. You never really know what has taken place in that situation.

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: New VW Beetle - First Drive   New VW Beetle - First Drive EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 10:40 pm

olive wrote:
Not really Tim, this was a serious mechanical problem which was resolved very quickly, yes they are a prestige manufacturer but this customer care service should apply to all consumer products no matter how small or large the supplier. If a supplier is prepared to take the publics hard earned cash then their after care must be paramount. No matter what.

I'm in total agreement with you on that one, however I think 'good customer service' can only stretch as far as what's in the bank account of the service provider.

olive wrote:
If your refferring to the manufacturing date of Olive, thats completley different in this case. The MINI dealer picked up the phone Danbury didnt.

I wasn't specifically, but your experience generally seems to have been a disappointing one and I'm sorry to hear/read that. This shouldn't have been the case.

olive wrote:
As for second hand thats not for me, its all about choice. You never really know what has taken place in that situation.

Well I don't know. If you're in the fortunate position to buy a new car then that's great. But I've bought plenty of second hand cars over the years for me, family members and friends and maybe because motors are my 'thing' I tend to be able to pick good ones. There's a lot you can learn about a car just by looking at it closely, driving it and studying any accompanying paperwork. I bought my 1993 Audi second hand in 1997. 18 years young now and it's still rolling.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: New VW Beetle - First Drive   New VW Beetle - First Drive EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 11:08 pm

'I'm in total agreement with you on that one, however I think 'good customer service' can only stretch as far as what's in the bank account of the service provider'

Surely regardless of size, the number of sales will dictate to the greater extent the expected number of problems, complaints. And funds from the initial sale should be allocated to cover this.

Back to top Go down
Kev

Kev

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: New VW Beetle - First Drive   New VW Beetle - First Drive EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:17 am

like the new Beetle, boot space looks much better...

re Mini, we got rid of ours due to terrible customer service both from dealer and BMW, my wife was given her Mini back after a service with no oil in the engine, she drove to school to pick up kids got home to a very noisy engine about to expire...there was no oil on dipstick at all, dealer sent an oik out with oil, filled and that was the end of it...we then had a fiasco of lies from the dealer Woods in Odiham that there was a leak...long story but they admitted this was false in the end...I suspect there must have been a small amout of oil in to stop it siezing. the warranty was about to expire so we asked for 6 month extension on the complete engine in case there was damage to the engine, No chance and BMW were not only unhelpful but downright rude! No more Minis or BMW for us!

Suits me saves me a fortune replacing run flats...had to replace three in two years + alloy wheel due to pot holes!

2006 Air-Cooled Duby
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New VW Beetle - First Drive   New VW Beetle - First Drive Empty

Back to top Go down

New VW Beetle - First Drive
Page 1 of 1