brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Interior Advice - door cards

Go down 
+3
kiteman
olive
Skytiger
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

Door - Interior Advice - door cards Empty
PostSubject: Interior Advice - door cards   Door - Interior Advice - door cards EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 4:01 pm

Hi folks,

Looking for a wee bit of advice or inspiration!

As you're probably aware, we've fitted out our camper ourselves but we've come up against a bit of a stumbling block for the boot area. Our next step is door cards and to be honest I think the Newton ones look pretty good, so we'll probably go down that route. But what have people done for the panel below the window behind the rear seat? This pic will explain the area I mean:

Photobucket

Does anyone have any suggestions or photos? Or thoses of you who have Newton door cards in the rear, did the card extend to this part of the bus?

Mmmm....any thoughts?

Back to top Go down
olive

olive

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Interior Advice - door cards   Door - Interior Advice - door cards EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 4:10 pm

Newtons dont do a card for that area I think it is due to the sweep of curves as it would prove difficult to stay in lace. Olive has the carpet that is spray glued onto the bodywork. It might be a better way to do it using carpet. If you do, heat the carpet on the underside to make it more plyable before your spray the glue on and it will fit the curves tight.
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Interior Advice - door cards   Door - Interior Advice - door cards EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 4:32 pm

I've put felt up on mine. Got it from Ebay.

Ebay link

Door - Interior Advice - door cards Imag0711

To get it to stick, just used spay adhesive on the interior side wall. Rub it down lightly to give the glue something to stick to.
Make sure you mask off the areas you don't want the glue to go on. It can get a bit messy.

Even glued a little pocket on the side so I've got somewhere to keep my phone when i'm asleep

________________________________________________________________________________
Door - Interior Advice - door cards Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Interior Advice - door cards   Door - Interior Advice - door cards EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 4:48 pm

Newton do now do panels to fit the rear sides:

Newton Rear Inner Panel

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Door - Interior Advice - door cards Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

PostSubject: Re: Interior Advice - door cards   Door - Interior Advice - door cards EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 4:58 pm

Thanks for the info folks.

I decided to have a wee look at Newtons site again and discovered the panels, Tim you've beaten me to the link Laughing I think that's the way we'll go, now it's time to choose colours, wish me luck!

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Interior Advice - door cards   Door - Interior Advice - door cards EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:29 pm

Lol - don't forget to post some pix when it's all done.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Interior Advice - door cards   Door - Interior Advice - door cards EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 8:33 pm

Skytiger wrote:
Thanks for the info folks.

I decided to have a wee look at Newtons site again and discovered the panels, Tim you've beaten me to the link Laughing I think that's the way we'll go, now it's time to choose colours, wish me luck!

That sounds great, dont forget to post the image once youve done it
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

PostSubject: Re: Interior Advice - door cards   Door - Interior Advice - door cards EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 10:44 am

Well after much deliberation, we decided on the colour for our door cards Very Happy

We considered ever possibility of colour combination, taking into account the black seats, the off white units, deep purple lino, the viper green the bus will eventually be and we decided on ...........black Embarassed pretty boring I know, but we plan on 'blinging' it up with some shiny door furniture!

Order was placed this morning and will hopefully be ready in a few weeks. Will post photos when they're here.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Interior Advice - door cards   Door - Interior Advice - door cards EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 11:58 am

Excellent! As you'll be one of the first members to install the rear panel sections, could you do a photo-shoot of them going in please? I'm curious about the fit.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Bloke_Off_The_Internet

Bloke_Off_The_Internet

PostSubject: Re: Interior Advice - door cards   Door - Interior Advice - door cards EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 3:26 pm

I'd quite like to see that too -- did you get them installed in the end?
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

PostSubject: Re: Interior Advice - door cards   Door - Interior Advice - door cards EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 5:34 pm

Here are some pics of the panel sorry no fitting pictures as we were in a rush to finish the camper for a wedding last Saturday. The bride was arriving in the camper.

We used the screws that where originally used to hold the panels on the opposite side from the sliding door because these had covers on them. The ones supplied are silver and would stick out to much for me. We only used four as we thought the bed foam would hold the bottom in.
Door - Interior Advice - door cards 10102011137

Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

PostSubject: Re: Interior Advice - door cards   Door - Interior Advice - door cards EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 5:43 pm

The fit is quite tight up against the wheel arch panel and the back panel. The holes in the panel don't line up with the originals so we drilled fresh holes in the panel and body to best spread the load over the panel.

The middle section over the fuel pipe is quite stiff it is made up of different layers of strong card to enable it to flex but it could be softer, as when the top was screwed in the bottom splayed out because of it hitting off the fuel pipe. Hopefully with foam installed it will take it's shape now.

Overall I like it because it matches the other door cards and covers the metal but it is a two man fitting job.

Door - Interior Advice - door cards 10102011138
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Interior Advice - door cards   Door - Interior Advice - door cards EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 6:13 pm

You may find that you will need the odd fixing below the foam to hold the shape
But despite the points you have raised, it still looks good Cool

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Bloke_Off_The_Internet

Bloke_Off_The_Internet

PostSubject: Re: Interior Advice - door cards   Door - Interior Advice - door cards EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 8:32 pm

Ace, thanks for posting Smile
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Interior Advice - door cards   Door - Interior Advice - door cards EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Very nice Smile
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

PostSubject: Re: Interior Advice - door cards   Door - Interior Advice - door cards EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 6:41 pm

Some more pics of Newtons doorcards

door panel (hopefully Santa will bring some bling door furniture! santa )
Door - Interior Advice - door cards DSCF5319

fuel neck panel
Door - Interior Advice - door cards DSCF5327

boot panel
Door - Interior Advice - door cards DSCF5329

sliding door panel (note to self - still need to veneer the buddy seat!)
Door - Interior Advice - door cards DSCF5330
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interior Advice - door cards   Door - Interior Advice - door cards Empty

Back to top Go down

Interior Advice - door cards
Page 1 of 1